Lybrate.com has top trusted Speech Therapists from across India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Somnath MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
Sometimes when I am talking loudly I feel shortness of breath. This happens to me over 5 month. So I talk with low voice. Then it's not happen. So doctor please help me.
I have stammering problem from class 3 onwards and I me and parents had consulted many doctors but still now I am not getting well from my stammering problem. Soo please help me.
I had vocal nodule and recovered from it in around eight months, but still I can't sing. Whenever I try, I feel tightened muscles. Neither I can go high nor low. Even in normal speaking I sometimes feel tiredness. I also had polyp and runny nose which stopped my singing initially. I also have to clear my throat now which I never had earlier. Please suggest me something. I want to sing as soon as possible. I will be very thankful to you.
My brother is 15 years old. He is not able to speak sentences properly he has a iq of 70 but not suffering from autism or other mental disorder. Was weak in studies, but able to do calculations upto 2-3rd std. What should we do. Is he able to live normal life like marriage etc.
I am 23 years old. I had stammering problem since the age of 7. I had attended speech therapy clas. But it is not during. please suggest me he the stammering will cure.
There is a huge prblm for me, when I eat something of any outsider, I cn't eat properly, when I talk, it jst stammered.
I am 21years old everybody says when I m speak. My pronunciation not correct like sa-sha voice coming what to do?
Almost one year I lost my sound. Not able to speak. Because no sound. Only air is coming out. I was okk. But when I had spicy food. Suddenly I lost my sound. Lots of meditation are doing every day. But no use. Please advice me by giving a name of a medicine. I'm in France. Please give a good medicine name.
What type of the tests using for STD problems. please tell me doctor. My problem is genitalia warts. Then How to remove the warts. I am using already 3 times laser treatment. But no result. Tell me your suggestion.
The role of parents in language development of children is a primary one. Basically, it will be a one way communication as babies will not respond, but that should not deter you from speaking to them. It has been shown that talking to children early on helps them to talk faster and learn more words. The number of words a child hears is directly proportional to the amount of vocabulary he/she will be able to master.
6 ways to help your baby learn speaking:
- Let them listen a lot: Children learn speaking by listening first. So more and more words they will listen, so do they will speak. Make sure your child comes in contact with children in the peer group and plays with them as with the help of their friends they can learn many words.
- Read a book: You should start reading to your child as early as possible. The type of book is not as important as you may use, various touch and feel books such as graphic novels. Initially, you may start with board books and then move on to picture books and finally to story books. It helps in increasing the child's vocabulary.
- Talk as much as you can: Part of a child's ears and brain that respond to sound are developed since birth, so even though talking to your baby may not make much sense, talking to them enhances their development of speech. The infant absorbs the words which facilitates speaking.
- Look for cues: If the child is interested in something such as a book or a toy, then engage with the child on that subject. Encourage him/her to ask questions and interact as much as possible. These interactions help in enhancing the child's language skills.
- Limit television: Using television to teach vocabulary to your child is not as effective as talking directly. The primary reason is that characters in television do not react to your child's cues. This does not allow the child interact, which results in reduced language learning.
- Treat ear infections early: It is important to treat ear infections early as this causes hearing problems which in turn delays language learning. Consulting a pediatrician to get treatment for ear infections of your child is advisable. You should see to it that the child is being administered medications at regular intervals.