Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Somnath BasuYour feedback matters!
How should I quit smoking, you have taken chewing gums and many more things. But after 2 to 3 days it continue, and weight is also increasing day by day please give me a solution for it, to quit smoking and reduce weight. Actually digestive system is not so good and constipation problem is also to me.
My study line will very week which has been creating prob to me. What should i do to increase my concentration
Sir my father suffering from depression maximum time we visit many time to hospital we found nothing wrong then why they suffering from depression they also takes some ayurvedic treatment but we do not found any good change sir I wants to brings my fathers happy life to him back sir what can I do for him.
I always get frustrated. When my exam come nearer. Even I have prepared .fr exam. Bt because of the above reasons. I am not able to revise. Wt to do please hlp.
1. My problem is I sometimes feel that something told by a person has already been told by someone else and it feels very real. Because of which I start to doubt myself. What should I do? 2. Is it I have any delusional problem, what should I do. My memory is becoming bad day by day.
I got married before 1 year. Nd because or much different atmosphere I became a patient of mood swings nd stress. Hw can I get rid of this problem.
I am 25 years old and I am unable to sleep at night. When I try to sleep I get depressed. This problem effecting my service.
I am a last year college student. I was good at public speaking and I got a lot of prizes during my schooling and good at studying as well. But from my childhood I was an introvert. At +2 time I started reading myself and started changing my behaviour but still I couldn't achieve the same. Now I am not that much introvert as before but still my behavioural skills are bad. I always fails to keep my relationships alive and making or interacting with people in a new place. Also fails to talk to someone for a long time. I would like to change this attitude but couldn't do that. Please help me to become more social.
If you're suffering from weak memory or memory loss, Ayurveda might be able to solve your problems. Ayurveda uses natural remedies to cure many diseases, and even though forgetting where you put your glasses or cell phones may not sound discrete enough, it may be early signs of dementia. Before it escalates to that level, here are 5 foods that you may try to curb it as the first signs appear.
- Walnuts and Almonds are the most effective food items to increase your brain power and cure amnesia. They are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that hike up your mental prowess. It is best to have them early in the morning, grinded and mixed with milk and sugar (or a healthier supplement being honey), or otherwise, after being soaked overnight in water.
- Ayurvedic herbs, like rosemary, brahmi, ashwagandha, shankhapushpi, licorice plant, etc., are all known to have medicinal properties that improve your brain power. Regulated incorporation of these herbs in your diet in requisite amount relaxes your mind, and thereby improves its functioning capacity.
- Indian Gooseberry or amla, is rich in Vitamin C, as well as antioxidants, which helps boost immunity, but other than that, amla is also known to have properties to strengthen your nervous system. It is one of the best remedies for managing Alzheimer's disease. It can be consumed raw or dried, and at times along with white sesame seeds.
- Fish oil is an excellent way to enhance your memory, especially if you are a non-vegetarian. It contains rich quantities of omega-3 fatty acids, which help rejuvenate your brain cells. But if you are a vegetarian or vegan, fish oil or even fishes like salmon, might not be best suited to your dietary preference, in which case it may be more helpful to consume Omega-3 supplements which are readily available in the market, or even fenugreek seeds.
- Cinnamon helps in revitalizing your mental health, when consumed, or even when smelled. Add a pinch of cinnamon to your food, or mix a teaspoon with honey, and it will work wonders for your mental health.
- Ghee. A good source of fat-soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids, ghee is recommended in ayurveda to enhance receptive power, cognitive power, intelligence, memory and higher mental faculties. Consuming 1 teaspoon of ghee everyday especially during young age, will support the intellectual functioning of the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.