Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita Sarker
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smita SarkerYour feedback matters!
My lips are becoming more and more darker (brown/black) color nowadays. Earlier they are pink. What is the reason for this problem? Give good solution.
How should I use berberis aquifolium? How long does it take for berberis aquifolium q to show results? For how long can I use it? Does it have any side effects? Is mother tincture the best and safest option or should I use higher concentration?
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection, firm enough for sexual intercourse. Men at any age can suffer from this problem. There are a number of factors which can cause ED, such as environmental factors and certain health conditions. Besides this, men might also suffer from occasional ED which may be caused due to stress.
It can be caused by either psychological or physical conditions; or a combination of both. Some of the major causes of ED are:
- Consumption of alcohol
Researchers have established that age related impotence is caused majorly by stress. Atherosclerosis is also one of the conditions causing age-related impotence, which occurs due to the buildup of plaque in the arteries. This plaque build-up stops the flow of blood to the rest of the body, including the penis, thereby causing problem in erection.
Some of the physical causes of ED are:
When to see a doctor-
See your doctor if:
- You have concerns about your erections or you’re experiencing other sexual problems, including ejaculatory dysfunction, such as premature or delayed ejaculation
- You have diabetes, heart disease or another known health condition that might be linked to erectile dysfunction
- You have other symptoms along with erectile dysfunction
Its Management When You Have Diabetes
As diabetes is a disorder that affects blood supply to organs, so the ability to achieve or maintain erections are impaired as erections are dependent on proper blood supply to the penis. Fortunately, there are treatments for these symptoms and they are:
- Injection therapy and oral medications: Some medications are directly injected to the penis in order to facilitate erection while there are certain oral drugs are administered to treat symptoms of erectile dysfunction which have a higher success rate in treating people who are diabetic than those who are not.
- Regular exercise and a healthy diet: Exercising on a regular basis combined with a healthy diet can reduce the symptoms of both diabetes as well as erectile dysfunction.
- Reviewing medications: Some medications used to treat blood pressure and depression can often cause erectile dysfunction. So, the medications should be reviewed by a doctor and if necessary and should be changed.
- Usage of vacuum constriction devices: These devices are used to create a pump in the penis which facilitate the ability to maintain an erection and engage in sexual intercourse. It is reported to work in 80% of the cases.
- Penile implants: It is a surgical procedure where a penis implant is used to treat this disorder.
- Intraurethral therapy: In this treatment the medicine is placed in the urethra of the penis in the form of suppository a by an applicator. These medicines improve blood flow and thus facilitate a normal erection.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!