Lybrate.com has top trusted Hematologists from across India. You will find Hematologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Hematologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhartha Sankar RoyYour feedback matters!
Hey doctor my friend have pain in his left leg frequently in a week she is 20 years old .what can she do.
I am having cervical spondylosis . My right hand is paining seriously . Tell me proper medicine that can cure it . I am diabetic . Doctor has prescribed me to check (MRI of cervical spine with screening of brain ) is it necessary to check it. Doctor has prescribed this medicine are they perfect : Medicine are as follows Defical -os capsule MyCo -folio acid, B-complex & lipoic Acid tablets HD3 softgel capsule Pregalin x Dr. 75.
I am 33 year today I checked ldh blood test my ldh result is 404 what is cause please advise .my problem is right leg weakness. Walking problem.
I am 40 years old and I am having pain in my hands and my legs as soon as I wake in the working. I don't know why is it so but it pains a lot and after few hours everything becomes normal. I don't know what is happening to me. Suggest me what should I do?
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hello sir I m aniket from nagpur and I m suffering from night fall deasiaes which is effecting my health body and personality pl help me out from this I m in big trouble. Sperms come out very speedy and I became wet at night and fells like sleepy all day.
She always has leg pain. So how can she solve this problem. Please suggest me the option like medicine.
Age 72. Sugar. Dr. Sahab mere Dady k dono soldiers and hathoo mein 4 months say pain ho raha hai. Kafi treatment karvaya but koi positive response nhi mil raha. Pain ho hi raha hai. Abhi kuch dinooo se indian Spinel hospital se ortho k Doctor se treatment chal raha hai but koi good response nhi hai pain Fhir bhi ho raha hai. Sir koi specialist or Senior doctor suggest kare kindly. Ya soldiers and hand pain ke kon se Doctor ko dikhaooou jo ek dam thik kr de.
I have from 2-3 years acidity problem. I don't sleep in night. So pain in chest in stomach. So please me treatment.
From past 2-3 months I didn't get proper sleep. I make my whole body checkup from hospital. But report says nothing. I do a daily morning walk for 1/2 hr nd evening walk also after dinner. What should I do to get rid from this?
Sir I have pain b/w elbow to shoulder of rt hand when I throw a ball what should I do for permanent cure.
I am not getting very good sleep at night. I want u. My eyes ar burning at morning pls help me or I will masburate.
I am a student and I love sleeping but from last few months m not able 2 sleep properly. Whenever I try 2 sleep many things start coming 2 my mind and I end up staying awake late night. and than the whole day I feel sleepy and like this my nights and day are ruined from few days.
My wife has pain in the right leg angle for last two months. She is not on medication. Her weight near 100 kgs. What is your advise?
How sleeping less than 6 hours affects your health
After being awake for almost 14-16 hours, our body demands sleep. Minimum sleeping time required for a healthy mind and body is 7-8 hours. Although, this duration varies according to age. Because generally speaking, where a child can sleep for 12-14 hours, grownups can sleep for not more than 9 hours. Sound sleep is very essential otherwise, it can be harmful for our health. Let's see how sleeping for less than 6 hours affects our health.
- Headache, weight gain and poor vision: When you sleep for less than 6 hours a day, it can not only give you headache all the time but can lead to a poor vision also. And if continued for a long time, may hamper your eyesight. The lesser you sleep the more weight you gain. And after-effects of gaining weight could be even more hazardous.
- Memory loss, heart disease, infection: Sleeplessness can have an adverse effect on one's memory too. A person may find it difficult to remember even simple things. Also, infections can take a longer time to heal because sleep is something that stabilises and balances everything that goes wrong while we are awake. If we don't get proper sleep, the process of healing takes longer. Lack of sleep can also elevate blood pressure which ultimately affects the heart.
- Urine overproduction, stammering and accident: Sleeping slows down urinating process but when you are awake for longer hours, you might have to urinate more than usual. Lack of sleep can also make you stammer while speaking. If lack of sleep continues, you may not be able to communicate properly. When you do not have sound sleep, your mental condition would not be stable because of declining concentration. You can be accident prone if you drive in such a condition.
These are just a few of the ill effects. Sleeping for less than 5 hours is far more dangerous than you can even think. From behavioural to mental to physical effects, it can harm you in many more ways, So, have a sound sleep to avoid complications in life.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on your median nerve as it runs through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain (particularly at night). Anything that causes swelling inside the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, including repetitive hand movements, pregnancy and arthritis.
Cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms begin when the pressure inside the tunnel becomes too high. This results in your median nerve becoming compressed as it passes through the small tunnel.
The carpal tunnel pressure increase occurs when either of two things happens:
- The tunnel space decreases, such as when the wrist swells eg after a traumatic injury, partial subluxation of the carpal bones or fracture or tenosynovitis.
- When the contents of the tunnel (median nerve, blood vessels and tendons) enlarge.
- Both of these situations increase the pressure on the nerve, leading to the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) sufferers will usually experience the following symptoms in their hand or fingers:
- hand pain or aching
- pins and needles
- numbness esp at night of with wrist flexing
- weakness or cramping
- perceived swelling
The symptoms are usually worse at night and your grip will weaken as the condition progresses. Eventually you will notice muscle atrophy of the thenar (thumb) muscles and loss of hand function or clumsiness. If this sounds like you, suspect carpal tunnel syndrome.
Physical Therapy Treatment
- Gliding Exercises: Moving your fingers in a specified pattern of exercises may help your tendons and nerves glide more smoothly through your carpal tunnel. While there’s some evidence that gliding exercises can help relieve symptoms when used alone, these exercises appear to work better in combination with other treatments -such as splinting.
- Graston Technique/Manual Therapy: The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that effect normal function. Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release or Active Release Technique are hands-on techniques that release tight tendons and musculature.
- Ultrasound: Deep, pulsed ultrasound directed at the carpal tunnel can reduce pain and numbness, and improve hand strength. Continuous superficial ultrasound doesn’t help.
- Traction: Some people obtain relief from carpal tunnel symptoms by using a hand traction device, called C-Trac. You might try this device, which can be purchased for home use, if other conservative treatment options have failed.
- Splints: Splints (braces) are the most commonly used nonsurgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. Splints that immobilize the wrist in a neutral (unbent) position are most likely to relieve discomfort. An unbent wrist maximizes the size of the carpal tunnel, which reduces pressure on the median nerve, relieving your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.