Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhartha BasuYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old female. From past some months or days my eyes are always tired and fatigue. I get enough sleep and good 8 hour sleep but doesn't matter it's how much sleep I had, my eyes are always tired. My body feels normal but only my eyes are tired whether it's morning ,afternoon or evening. Sometimes I can't open my eyes.
I have pain in my eyes for more than a week. I consulted a doctor. He gave me eye drops but it not work. Please tell me what to do?
I have my eyes problem, mainly in left eyes, some pain in my eyes and my eyes always few red colour and also pain comes when I see tv or computer work.
My eye have pain in last year. I had consult a doctor early. He write somany medicine. I haven't any change. What should I do?
I do 12-13 hours of reading. Is there a higher chance of regression or dry eyes after surgery. And I do high strength demanding yoga and strenuous physical exercises too.
Mera beta 8sal ka hai usko bhut headache hota hai morning 5: 00 am start hota hai whole day rehta hai. Usko specs bhi lg gaye .but phir bhi usko pain hota hai. Sb test normal hai. Please tell me he suffering from one month.
I have a pimple kind of thing inside my upper eyelid. It appears projecting out. And its pimple can seen on my eyelid. Due to which my eye lashes have fallen for that area. Its been 6 months it started. My doctor gave me ointment and drops but it only had a feeble effect. Again it seems bulged out. So my doctor said its a small pimple inside eye and they cannot remove it now. They can remove it only if it grows big and infectious .what should I do. Every ones noticing that big pimple on eyelid and my some eyelashes have fallen.Please tell.
NOW a days I have a yellow colour in my ear. Last three days have no yellow color. And. Today my eyes become clear.
My eye weakness no. Is 2.0 but when I got checked my spectacles, it was of 2.25,Is it okay or harmful for my eyes? And what home treatment should be done to increase vision?
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"