Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shymal Kanti
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shymal KantiYour feedback matters!
Meri left eye me ek black dot last 6 months se vision me dikhai de rha hai, mene pahle bhi treatment krwaya tha, lekin koi asar nhi pda. Mene April me chekup krwaya tab result:- right eye- sph. -1.5 cyl. -3.0 Axis 15 degree left eye- sph. -1.5 cyl. -2.0 Axis 180 degree. Mene aaj fir se chekup krwaya, result:- right eye- sph. -1.00 cyl. -3.50 Axis 10 degree left eye- sph. -1.25 cyl. -3.00 Axis 180 degree. Muje doctors ne black dot ki vjah ya uske treatment ke bare me kuch bhi nhi bataya. Sirf lense change krne ki advice di. Ab muje kya krna chahiye? Kya ye serious problem hai?
My eyes r getting inflame, y I don't know what's the precaution to make it cool please help me, am a software engineer.
I have a poor eyesight and all the things are appeared to me vaguely .please help me to recover from this problem.
I have a problem in my eyes it get pain whenever I came for sun it feel like a blindness and became red.
Sir mere eyes bhut weak hoo chukii haii. Mera sir specs ka no. Bhu 5.30 haii ap please kuch btayee sir mujhe chashma nikal ke bhut dhundla dikhaii deta haiii.
I have red eyes for 3 days. What should I do. Its paining a lot suggestion me the best tablet please.
How to get rid of glasses? Does taking vit-A supplements at night and drinking carrot juice made by 250 grams of carrot useful?
I'm 29 years old man. I have got drooping eyelid in my left eye. Is there any treatment facility available in your hospital? If yes, please let me know the cost of treatment and how long it will take to recover completely. Thank you.
Is there any kind of risk abt my eyes bcz I am watching continuously teaching videos on youtube? If YES please suggest something!
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.