Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shymal KantiYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I feel pressure on head even I sleep then also some time I feel fast heart beat and I feel anxious stressed form last 10 month without break done may blood test including CBC which was normal done ct brain which was again normal I have only -50 number in my eyes wears specs but still I have pressure on my head normally I sleep 6 hrs then also I get head pressure and I acidity after every 2 to 3 days. I had done my CBC which was normal so it is I have to check my hyperthyroid because many says that may be i'm suffering form hyperthyroid I have to check my thyroid can any one pls help me to diagnose thyroid cbc is ok or I have to do further test thanks.
I have specs but since some days my eyes are watering a lot. I am unable to read my books and feeling irritated. What should I do?
I am a engineering student and mostly I live alone at my room and use my mobile phone for whole free time. At night I want to cry while using my phone but I can't avoid it so I sleep for a long time about 10 hrs per day is theRe some suggestions to reduce my pressure.
My wife is at 37 week pregnancy. Till now all lab and scan results show everything normal other than thyroid which was treated. Today bp rises up to 140/90. She hasn't any headache or vision problems. Whether termination of pregnancy is advisable? If we are going early termination whether health of mother and child will be affected?
Getting regular headache, I am using computer on 9 hours in a day. Does it impacting to my headache. Please suggest.
I have red eyes problem my eyes goes paining and tears comes out continuously. I cannot sit for long time in front of tv or computer so kingly can I get any suggestion for any eye drops or any medicine to get cure.
I have many problem so many eyes you watching TV per day but continued water like water so old help me so consider that time plz.
I am a 18 years old boy some times a fell serious headache. Mostly during winter please suggest me what I should do, should there is any thing related of headache with my eyes, should I go for spectacles. Or Not?
I am 19 years old . I have problem related to my eyes my eyes power is -3.0 . Main problem is that my eyes blink so fast I have no control on it . Why my eyes blink so fast I have this problem 2 years ago nd again I have this problem.
My three years old daughter have eye problem which may be squint or false squint........ I want to know about this issue , can you help me out of this?
I have lenses for nearly 6 to 7 years and I want to live my life with out spectacles. What should I do?
I am having with headache from 3 day's and with cold, cough and I am having with red eyes from 3 day's. so, what should I do.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I am 20 year old male suffering from myopia ,my specs number are not reducing. Is there any way to decrease the specs number?
Your eyes are one of the most significant of all the sense organs since it allows you to see things around you. It is essential to take good care of your eyes. But, many lack an awareness on ocular care. Read on to know a few lifestyle habits that will help in maintaining a good ocular hygiene thus ensuring normal vision.
Ensure your ocular hygiene with these healthy lifestyle habits
- Balanced diet: Eating right and maintaining a healthy diet does not just go for your overall health but your eye health as well. While carrots are good for your health, eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables offer the minerals and nutrients necessary for maintaining healthy eyesight. Dark leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale are especially good for eye health. Moreover, eating fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna or salmon is very beneficial for maintaining proper eyesight.
- Right body weight: Body weight is indirectly related to eye health. An individual must maintain proper body weight since being overweight leads to health problems like diabetes and blood pressure. A person with diabetes is at risk of deteriorating eye sight caused by diabetic eye disease or glaucoma. If you have problems with weight maintenance, consult a health expert and seek professional guidance.
- Ocular hygiene: Maintaining ocular hygiene has become very important these days. Due to the level of pollution and germs around us, certain preventive measures need to be taken to prevent eye infections. People who play sports or perform other physical activities should wear protective eyewear. Wear safety goggles while swimming and make sure you wear polycarbonate eye gear if you play sports such as squash. These lenses are 10 times stronger than usual plastic and are available in protective eyewear stores as well as sporting goods stores.
- Quit smoking: Never take up smoking and if you already have then you better quit it as soon as possible. Just like for the rest of your body, smoking is very harmful to your eyesight as well. Research has proven that smoking causes severe macular degeneration, cataract and optic nerve damage in aging people. Over time, this can lead to permanent blindness.
- Protect your eyes: Sunglasses are not just meant for style, they also protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. While purchasing sunglasses, make sure the ones you purchase block out 99-100% UV-A and UV-B rays. Moreover, it is vital to give your eyes rest. If you work on the computer or watch TV, it is advised to look away from the screen for around 20 seconds in every 20 minute time interval. It is vital to get sufficient sleep as well.
Most of these tips may sound simple, but they are highly effective and can help avoid eye problems completely. And don’t forget to get your routine eye check-up done as well. All that is required is to incorporate these basic lifestyle changes to protect the amazing part of your body, your eyes.