Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shymal KantiYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old male and having fever from last 2 weeks. It is coming down and again going up. Whenever I try to get up from the bed I feel like dizziness and everything becomes black in front of my eyes. I can not even get up and walk. What should I do? Chat Conversation End.
I have experienced minor corneal abrasion (hit eye with finger) on 22.04.17 at 9 AM and was getting periodical pain (no blurred vision). Then I consulted ophthalmologist at 7 PM on the same day and he prescribed 3 types of eye drops, 2 types medicine and 1 ointment. I am using the same as per the prescription and the pain is totally subsided but I am experiencing bit blurred vision after using eye drops and medicine. Is it a normal condition? When will I get recovered fully? Kindly provide me the required information or care to be taken off?
I'm 22 male, I got eye irritation and sneezing have taken many tablets it starts after 2, 3 days of leaving. What should i do?
I have a pain in my eyes, I have number -1 in left eye? What can I do at home with home care products?
My eyes get reddish after taking bath,what may be the reason of it,whether it may happen due to infection by soap or anything else? Please suggest.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.