Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shobhana ThakurYour feedback matters!
My son who is 5 years gets lot of burps and has gas. Occasionally complaints of stomach pain. Any home remedy please.
Which is Best ingredient to milk for babies? Heroics? Pediasure? complain? Boost? How can we make cashwe, pista, almonds familiar or eatable to my baby?
Hello doctor, My 9 months old infant is passing blood motions and he vomits frequently . I am trying to give bottle milk but he is refusing to drink bottle milk please suggest what to do.
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My son is 3.5 years old. He is talkative child but he is soft and fearful by nature. .he is studying pre kg now. .when he us getting scolded or beaten, he use to cry normally but nowadays he is getting anger very much (face full of depression) and beating us. When spoken personally, he cried and said his teacher beating.
My sister had got baby last month 1 month complete her delivery so how much milk should she can take.
This question related to my younger sister she is 12 years old she has always stomach pain after 4-5 hours whats is the reason for this? or is this any infection in her stomach.
Our 20 days old daughter vomits out the feed in one go after 3-4 hours of feed. She feels suffocation at that time. Sometime liquid comes out from her nose. We hold her straight for half an hour after feed so that the intake gets digested. How to stop vomits?
My son is 9 months old. And due to runny nose cough etc. I'm not able to provide vaccination. So What I do?
Genomic Tests helps to Understand your Child inborn Sports Talents Peak level of Performance and to select Correct Sports or Games ,along with predictable disease risk Management Life style Changes Accordingly