Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shivaji Basu Team
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shivaji Basu TeamYour feedback matters!
Mild right proximal hydroureteronephrosis noted secondary to an obstructing 6 mm right upper ureteric calculus, seen approximately 5.2 cm distal to right puj. Few small 3-4 mm sized bilateral real calculus noted, nonobstructive on left. This is mt scanning report can any one say me what problem im having that im having pain on my stomach.
3 years ago from now I got hard stool and anal fissure occurred. That time I took laxit plus, but still stool was hard, feeling intense urge of stool, but stool was not coming then I gave intense strain then bleeding comes and severe pain which took almost 1 month to heal. Now today I get same problem feeling intense urge of stool but stool is not coming. I have taken laxit plus 2 hours ago but stool is not coming though intense urge. But this time I do not want to get same unforgettable pain and bleeding, so I do not give strain to pass stool. Now what I should do so that again same painful disease do not come? I cannot stay, every time feeling discomfort for intense urge and at the same time fear by thinking if again same painful condition recur. Please tell what I should do?
Since last one month I am experiencing frequent urge to urination. And sometimes it feels like some urine is dripping in my underwear constantly. I used to drink low amount of water every day. And since 3 month I am taking the treatment of an scar removal also. Last month I took vitamins d sachet weekly as my vitamin d was low.
Sir, I am 69 years old male suffering from BPH since last 4 years and on Veltam-f tab for 3 years with no major reductions in symptoms. However painful gynecomastia developed on both breasts. Veltam-f tab stopped since last 3 months and started taking pumpkin seeds with persistent symptoms, but size of prostate increased from 30 cc to 62 cc. Please advise if rapid growth of prostate gland without increase in symptoms is a matter of concern asking for TURP? If not any tab in place of veltamf which will have no side effects. I also take tab Nebistar SA and lipnorm 10 for BP and cholesterol. Thanking you.
Im diabetes, but in control conditions eventhrough im suffering from frequently urination about 10 to 12 times in a day. I diagnosed complete blood analysis, urine test about infection, but report is normal. There is absence of albumin, blood,microbes etc .please advice me in this issue.
Hi Dr. Actually I got pain in my kidney. Their are a small stone. Dr. Suggested me that I should go for operations. What should I do?
From last three months my wife feels pain on anus and between hips on third day of her period on every cycle. Due to such pain, itching & burning she is not able to use pads. It only happens from third day and lasts for next three days. Please guide urgent.
The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
- Fever or chills, maybe associated with shivering, nausea and vomiting
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways.
- The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
- Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity
- Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
Though most often UTI does not require specific testing, the following are useful in confirming the diagnosis.
- Culture and sensitivity: The urine is sent for a culture to identify the exact organism that has caused the infection. It also helps identify the right antibiotic which will help bring the infection under control.
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!