Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shirsendu DasYour feedback matters!
I am 24 old and cannot pull my penis foreskin back, it may be too tight. Want are the possible solution to this problem and whom do I contact for this? I leave in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
Today when I was driving my vehicle, something fell into my right eye and it started paining very badly. I stopped my vehicle and got off thinking that some metal chip might have gone into my eye as the pain was immense. The pain was similar to a bee sting. The thing which got into my eye was a small fly or we can say a moth which are generally seen in monsoon. So my ques is that can such a small fly cause immense main and stinging sensation into a human eye? Which might be the reason for it.
My right eye squint a bit from the last two days and I don't have to close one of my eyes in bright light or low light. Actually if someone look at my eyes then he can't say that one of my eyes is squinting but if he stare at my eyes more carefully then he can say that one of my eyes is squinting.
I have affected by hereditary eye problems like retinitis pigmentosa due to my parents close relation marriage. I'm very difficult to manage evening travel with low lights and my side vision is also poor. Is any treatment?
I have pain in my eyes, my eyes become red, pain in head and I can not see from long distance properly. Then what should I do?
My face is big and eyes is small for face I am thinking to go for cheekbone reduction is it safe and which techniques are used.
I have a problem of pain on eyes during reading books at night time. No stress on watching television or something else. I can easily read on day light. At night my eyes get reddish. What should I do?
Sir I am using glasses. Power is little high. I found that after every 8 to 9 month my eye power increase and I changed glass every time which is more powerful than previous. But now some days ago I am facing same problem again I feel that my eyes become weaker much. I feel some pressure or load in my eye. Can you suggest any medicine or drop for my eyes. Thnku.
I have a proper vision on my EYE , but I can not able to see the words clearly and I feel that in my right eye there is movement of Dots, where ever eye keep on eye , it follows, I went to hospital doctor said me it will automatically goes . Within 6 months. But the problem is I can not able to see the computer properly while working, I got severe headache .please suggest me what to dosage: 23, male.
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.