Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SheetalYour feedback matters!
My son who is 13 years old but looks like 10 years, physically & mentally very active but having dull skin, diet 2 chapatis in day but likes liquid. Providing best food and cares but weight is just 32 kgs. Lost lot of money to diagnose the problem but did not find any solution. Please help me out.
Hi doctor. My scalp is full of dandruff. My hair is falling everyday. Sometimes my scalp is itchy. I was irritated of using oil since 8 years. How to stop hair fall. How to get new hair. I was afraid of bald head. I have heard that onion juice makes to grow new hair. Is it true? please help me.
Sir, I have a cracked heal for both my feet and presently I am applying retinal ointment but even then it has not subsidized. Only if I cover with sox all the 24 hours I could manage to walk otherwise I cannot put my feet to the ground. I am 63 years old and kindly advice me in this regard.
Dear sir, I am suffering from heavy hair dandruff and heavy hair fall. So please give the better suggestion to over come my problem.
Sir I heard somany good thing about black seed oil. Is it realy useful there is some black seed oil capsules too. I have hair loss problem can I use black seed oil. Is there any side effect from that. Please sir help me very urgent.
Sir I have a problem of hair fall since last e months it's lots of hair falling daily I am very upset please help me.
I have facing many skin problem. Recently I changed location to new place. I have affected ring guard and some skin issue. This very disturb to my work and irritating to some situation.
I am 28 yrs old female and I have acne spots all over my face, would like to know name of a medicine which can help removing the spots.
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.
Related Tip: "4 Really Simple Ways To Prevent Premature Skin Aging"
Coconut oil is one of the most powerful oils in the world. Not only does coconut have that great “vacation-in-the-Caribbean” smell, it’s also great for your hair.
Coconut oil is high in vitamin E and other nutrients, and your hair can absorb them all. The result will be hair that is thicker, shiner, healthier and has stronger roots. It also contains lauric and capric acid, which have amazing antimicrobial powers – meaning it will make your hair and scalp healthier and prevent dandruff, itchy scalp and infections.
Argan oil is the most expensive of the hair oils on this list, but ask anyone who uses it and you’ll hear that it’s worth every penny. It contains lots of vitamin E, Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids, and antioxidants, all of which do amazing things for damaged, dry, coarse or otherwise unmanageable hair.
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
The same oil that you likely use for cooking and salad dressing can be used as a deep moisturizing treatment and to promote hair growth. Massaging your scalp with olive oil will promote scalp health and improve circulation, while fighting off bacteria and leaving you with softer smoother hair.
Olive oil also makes an excellent, all-natural alternative to shaving cream.
Pomegranate Seed Oil
For fine or thinning hair, Pomegranate seed oil can work miracles. It contains high amounts of punicic acid, which revitalizes your hair leaving it looking thick and shiny. It’s also a great protector against chemicals and other environmental damage. Pomegranate seed oil is very thick and somewhat expensive, you can mix it with extra-virgin olive oil to make it last longer and get the benefits of both.
Rosemary Essential Oil
Thinning hair tends to hold in more dirt and toxins; rosemary essential oil is great for cleansing and it also contains loads of vitamin B, iron and calcium. It has been used for thousands of years as a remedy for thinning and brittle hair, plus it has been scientifically proven to prevent premature graying.
Rosemary essential oil should be diluted with a carrier oil (such as extra virgin olive oil) before use.
Avocado oil , like avocados themselves, contains proteins, healthy fats, amino acids and vitamins A, D, E and B6. The proteins will help fill in damaged airs in your hair’s cuticles, repairing damage that’s already been done and preventing future breakage and frizz. Avocado oil is strong and thick, so it is most effective when used on medium to thick hair.
Jojoba oil isn’t actually an oil, it’s a liquefied wax that is extracted from a shrub native to the southwestern US. Jojoba oil is high in vitamins A, E and D and is great for all hair types. It can be found in several all-natural shampoos and hair products, but like oils, it’s most effective on its own. Jojoba oil helps damage to your hair and promotes new, healthy hair growth.