Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shamik Das
Submit a review for Dr. Shamik DasYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It was a bad case of erectile dysfunction. I was shocked to know that I was suffering from any such disease. I consulted Dr Shamik Das and I am amazed that he is such a sweet doctor, even though he is so busy all the time. I searched about this doctor online and saw his reviews. The overall atmosphere in the NEEL KUTHI CLINIC is very soothing. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again. Dr Shamik Das has in depth knowledge and he cured me .I am extremely thankful to him.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of premature ejaculation. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my issue, but he has helped me immensely. Thanks to him I am much better now. The overall cleanliness in the NEEL MEDICAL COMPLEX was amazing. He is very patient with all his patients. Whatever tests Dr Shamik Das prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition.
It has been quite some time that i was suffering from low sperm count. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to my Dr Shamik Das perfect advice. The entire NEEL MEDICAL was spotlessly, clean. I remember, I read an article of him in the paper and made contact. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but my he guided me to change my attitude.
I am so much benefitted with Dr Shamik's male sexual problems, that i am perfectly fine now. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of such problem. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. I am so happy that I chose Dr Shamik for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine.The overall atmosphere in the Neel Kuthi Complex is very great.
It has been quite some time that i was suffering from masturbation addiction. A friend of mine referred Dr Shamik Das. He is not just friendly, but also is very Thanks to him that the masturbation addiction treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. The overall atmosphere in the Neel kuthi medicare is very soothing. During the treatment, he supported me a lot.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of male sexual problems treatment. By chance, I approached Dr Shamik Das for second opinion and thank god, i did because, he treated me without any surgery and all. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best.
He ensures that he listens to his patients. The waiting area in the NEEL CLINIC is very comfortable for elderly patients. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. Due to my nightfall my daily activities were suffering. The best thing about Dr Shamik Das is that he prescribes limited no. of medicines.
I was depressed due to my small penis size but even after consulting number of doctors, I could not find any improvement in myself. Thanks to Dr Shamik, I am satisfied with his treatment that I will surely recommend ths doctor to anyone gladly.
As a person he is very Good.but as a Doctor I will give him a Big Zero.He almost make me impotent.Then I consulted with Doctor Purosottam Sah in Night Angle Hospital in Shakespeare Sarani.Now I am much better then I used to be.
Was very nicely treated and the doctor listened to my problems and then gave the medications. Just started my medication today so It'll take a little time to tell the effect but I'm sure that it'll work.
He is a such a doctor that can't be compared. In my point of view he is one kind of God. He helped me for getting cure from above-mentioned disease by which I have been suffering for last 7years.
Lovely experience I had..I have never met such humble and generous person @ present in my life.. What a good hearted person he is...
He explained me the details of the disease and gave me medication for its control.It works like wonder . He is very approachable
just superb. one of the best n freindly doctor. he is having a gud knowledge n he shares best advise. awesome
The Best Doctor As He Has Cured 3 Of My Family Members And He Is Very Jolly Person To Speak With.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shamik Das to be very helpful. thanks sir
Dr was very friendly and its my first appointment nice experience.
My opinion he is the best doctor. His behaviour is so friendly.
He is well behaver. very helpful.He encourage patients.
Dr Sekhar Kumar Mukherjee
he is a very good doctor in his behavior and treatment
Friendly and good.. Take time and explain problem
Very good diagnosis with superb treatment.
You're said to suffer from the problem of premature ejaculation if you ejaculate a minute after penetration or are unable to delay ejaculation during sex. There are certain risk factors and complications associated with this condition and being aware of them can help in effective management of the sexual dysfunction.
Risk factors involved:
- Erectile dysfunction - Your chances of developing premature ejaculation increase if you regularly face trouble in getting or sustaining an erection. More importantly, the fear of not being able to get an erection can cause you to rush through your sexual experiences.
- Stress - Premature ejaculation increases if you suffer from mental or emotional stress. When this happens, your ability to relax and pay attention during sexual intercourse decreases.
- Health problems - Even the presence of an underlying health condition like a heart disease may make you rush through sex and ejaculation. Moreover, many heart patients have been reported as having experienced a decrease in satisfaction and frequency after a heart surgery or heart attack.
What are its complications?
Complications that premature ejaculation can cause:
- Fertility issues - Premature ejaculation can decrease your chances of having a baby or can even make fertilization tricky. During conception, two things need to happen, which are penetration of the vagina and ejaculation, when the latter occurs before penetration, it affect your fertility chances.
- Stress in relationships - Relationship problems are another complication that you may face when you have premature ejaculation.
More importantly, a strained relationship can give rise to dissatisfaction between partners. If you experience PE, the best thing to do is not blame yourself or consider yourself as inadequate. Communicate with your partner by speaking openly about the subject.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Psychosexual disorders are conditions that occur when there are discrepancies in sexual functioning caused by mental or emotional problems. These have various manifestations in the form of sexual dysfunction, sexual perversion and gender identity crisis.
The primary characteristic feature of psychosexual disorders is that these are not caused by any external physical factors or medical conditions, but are a result of internal conflicts that arise in the mind. These conflicts can be due to intense personal experiences that lead to stress, anxiety, depression, and guilt. Sexual trauma and negative body image issues are also known to cause psychosexual disorders in men and women.
The symptoms of psychosexual disorders have different kinds of indications in men and women. In many cases, it leads to the development of phobias towards sex and sexual activities. In other cases, it may create strong recurrent desires for unusual sexual situations and activities such as voyeurism, fetishism, exhibitionism, sexual sadism, necrophilia or pedophilia.
Each case is unique and different as it is caused by an exclusive set of factors, which affect every individual in a distinctive capacity.
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in women?
Psychosexual disorders in women are characterized by the following signs:
- Inability to get sexually aroused despite adequate stimulation
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Reduced sexual drive and the lack of desire for sex
- Inadequate vaginal lubrication
- Unconscious tightening of the vaginal muscles that causes interference in sexual activities
- Experiencing pain during sexual intercourse
What are the symptoms of the psychosexual disorder in men?
Some of the signs of psychosexual disorder in men are as follows:
- Inability to get or hold an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Premature ejaculation
- Being unable to ejaculate
- Reduced libido and inhibited sexual desire
- Inability to achieve orgasm
- Lack of sexual arousal through stimulation
Whatever is the cause, rest assured that it can be resolved completely with the help of a good therapist. So don't hesitate and continue suffering without getting help. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
While sex is something that everyone fantasizes or thinks about, when it comes to the actual act of being with a partner, shyness and inhibitions may stop you from actually having a god experience. While some factors for shyness can be physical, in most cases, they border on emotional and psychological problems.
Factors that might cause sexual shyness:
1. A fear arising from lack of experience
2. A low self esteem
3. Bad encounters and experiences in the past
4. Body image issues
These are all factors which can be changed and controlled with a slight change in your thinking and conditioning yourself in certain ways.
Overcoming sexual shyness with a partner:
While most people have active fantasies about sex, when it comes to a one on one experience, many people feel out of their comfort zone. Let's look at a few mental and thought conditioning exercises that can help you counter sexual shyness.
a. Don't have major expectations - One of the biggest issues with mostly men and to some extent women, is they have elaborate fantasies which don't come true in the real world and thus aren't prepared to handle real life sexual situation when they come up. Thus you should preferably have a no expectation approach.
b. Ensure that the surroundings are comfortable - If you are having a hurried encounter or in a situation you aren't comfortable in, it might lead to bad experiences which will keep manifesting every time you have sexual encounters. Thus make sure that your surroundings are comfortable and you are relaxed before the act.
c. Don't let physical shortcomings scare you - Both men and women tend to be very conscious about their bodies. If you have to be naked in front of someone, you may feel even more self conscious. Stop feeling bad or sorry for yourself because of your body. No human being is perfect and if the other person wants to be with you in bed, they will ignore any physical imperfections that you think you may have.
d. Think about the act and prepare - Remember that you are with a person and not with a fantasy. Once you are comfortable with a person and usually after a few times, you can then try fantasies and role playing. Initially think about the act before in your head and feel excited in its anticipation.
e. Enjoy the build up and the foreplay - Sex isn't just the penetrative part but all the fun section like kissing and foreplay that build up to it. Go slow and enjoy those sections as well and you will automatically be aroused enough to a point where inhibitions will go away. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Libido is a term that is used to describe the sexual desire for sexual activity. According to WHO, sexual health is a state of physical, mental and social well-being, which is why libido is one of the key factors to a sound and healthy life. As men have 40 times as much testosterone as women, they are thought to have a more intense sexual drive. Dopamine plays a strong role in libido and motivation. Physical issues like low testosterone, too much exercise, and alcohol can cause low libido. Psychological issues may include depression and stress in everyday life.
The good news is that libido can be increased through some simple measures, which are:
1. Have a positive outlook - Prolonged stress can diminish your interest in sex, and men and women have different reactions to stressful situations. Both partners need to discuss their stressful jobs each day and find a non-stressful time for sex. Besides, being self-confident and optimistic makes you feel more sexual and charming to your partner.
2. Following a proper balanced diet - Natural supplements can increase your blood flow and help fight vaginal dryness. You can try the much-touted libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. Figs, bananas, avocados, eggs, chocolate, and mangoes can help to increase libido. Foods rich in vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B complex, and zinc may help to boost sperm count, improve sperm motility and increase testosterone production in men.
3. Prepare for intimacy - If you are planning some quality time with your partner and hope to get him/her 'in the mood' you can try chocolate and coffee. Chocolate has been as the symbol of a desire not only for its delectable taste but because of its power to improve sexual desire. Coffee and chocolate both produce positive mood states, releasing endorphins, providing energy and increasing physical endurance. Wine, or any other form of alcoholic drink, consumed in a small amount, may help people to relax and get in the mood. However, caution must be maintained as excessive consumption can result in impotence in men.
4. Take time to meditate and relieve stress - Being stressed out can affect your sex drive. To relieve stress you can indulge in sports activities and exercises. Lifting the weight or doing resistance training exercises like pushups help to break down and rebuild muscles, creating a spike in testosterone production. For many couples, working out together can become a stimulating experience that gets them in the mood. Exercises can increase performance, range of motion, endurance, boost confidence and help you look younger and more attractive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Lybrate | Dr. Shamik speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
STD or Sexually Transmitted Diseases are incurred by sexual intimacy or intercourse. Some of these diseases are even life threatening at times while others may be milder but annoying . They affect your sexual life. These should not be ignored and require treatment and medication.
Some of the common STDs are:
The most dangerous are HIV and Syphlis and Hepatitis B.
Everyone who had unprotected sex with unknown partner should get themselves checked after 2 weeks of exposure. Early treatment is crucial. Others like Herpes, chancres, chlamydia and gonorrhea are not so dangerous in people with normal immunity but in elderly, diabetics and immunological weak persons may be affected more seriously. It may cause infertility in females STDs have visible symptoms such as:
- Painful urination: A burning sensation or pain while urinating is a symptom for a number of STDs. There may also be a change in the colour of urine. Some STDs associated with painful urination as Chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis. However, this may also be triggered by kidney stones or a urinary tract infection.
- Abnormal discharge: Abnormal discharge from the vagina or penis can be a symptom of a number of infections not all of which are STDs. Strangely coloured and odorous vaginal discharge can be a symptom of yeast infections or a sexually transmitted disease like trichomoniasis or gonorrhea. Bleeding in between periods can also be a symptom of a STD. Abnormal discharge from the penis can be a sign of Chlamydia, gonorrhea or trichomoniasis.
- Skin rash: A rash in the genital area is most often a sign of STDs. This can be in the form of bumps, sores or warts. It may or may not be accompanied by itchiness. A rash caused by a STD usually results in redness and inflammation. Herpes sores may subside within a week or so but just because the rash is gone does not mean the infection has been treated. Hence even if the rash disappears before your doctor's visit, ensure you mention it.
- Painful intercourse: Pain during intercourse is one of the most overlooked symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease. While a little pain may be normal, any sudden increase in pain or new type of pain should not be ignored. This should be kept in mind especially when having intercourse with a new partner or if there is a change in sexual habits. When it comes to men's sexual health, pain at the time of ejaculation can be a symptom of a STD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Although a very normal physical function, masturbation (the touching of your genitals and other erogenous zones to induce sexual pleasure) has certain taboos attached to it. This natural sexual practice has given birth to all kinds of myths which stops people from indulging in this form of self-pleasure.
Here are some of the most common misconceptions and the truths behind them.
1. Myth: Masturbation makes you go blind
Fact: Masturbation cannot make you blind. Studies conducted on this point of contention haven’t been able to find a link between masturbation and blindness. On the contrary, these researches have gone on to reveal that individuals who masturbate 4 times daily or more for years haven’t been found to suffer from any diseases attributed to masturbation, including blindness.
2. Myth: It can cause you to suffer from erectile dysfunction
Fact: Erectile dysfunction refers to the inability to maintain or get an erection during intercourse. The causes of this sexual dysfunction are varied, but masturbation doesn’t figure in the list of causes. What really happens is that when you masturbate repeatedly, you become used to your own touch or to a certain kind of sensation. As a result, you may find it difficult to have orgasms with your partner.
3. Myth: Masturbation doesn’t provide any long-term health benefits
Fact: Many experts believe that masturbation can be good for your health. Some of the health benefits that it provides include improved concentration levels and better sleep. It also helps in relieving stress and headaches as your body releases endorphins (brain chemicals), which give you a sense of well-being. Apart from that, masturbating regularly ensures better fitness levels and a youthful appearance in men.
4. Myth: Children do not masturbate
Fact: Masturbation is a normal childhood habit, wherein young children discover the private parts of their bodies and the feelings of pleasure that arise from this activity. Most children begin to play with their private parts by about 5-6 years of age. A child can masturbate once a week or several times a day. There are even researches out there that show male foetuses masturbating in the womb.
5. Myth: There’s no limit to how much you can masturbate
Fact: According to the American Psychological Association, you should stop masturbating if it affects your daily life; causes emotional problems or physical soreness; disrupts your relationship with your partner or makes you unable to have orgasms from the stimulation that you experience with your partner. Otherwise, the frequency of masturbating can vary from individual to individual. If you masturbate a number of times in a day and still lead a healthy and satisfying life, you have nothing to worry about.
6. Myth: People in relationships do not masturbate
Fact: Whether you’re single or in a relationship, masturbation is a healthy sexual activity that you can engage in to fulfil your sexual desires. Studies show that masturbation is a very common behaviour; about 92% of men and 62% of women masturbate. Sometimes, couples also engage in masturbation together as part of their sexual activity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Hello sir/madam, I am ravi, my problem is I have pain in my penis (i have masturbation habit), I vexed with this pain, the pain is also coming while urine, sometimes urine look like reddish even it is winter, pls help me with your suggestion and prescribe any medicine to cure this. Thanking you sir/madam.
If you have been worried with no zing in your sexual life, then nip the worry in the bud. Here are 4 tips which can help you can maintain a passionate sex life:
- Make efforts and moves - For people who are very busy and have got no time for their partners, a change in mentality is required. Instead of giving up on your sex life because of lack of time, make a move to find time and solve the problem. Taking time off will also relax your mind on account of which you can enjoy the sex better. Little things like dinner together, a shower together can be great boosters. So never ignore them. All you need is give some effort.
- Maintain a playful relationship - Always maintain a playful nature with your partner. Instead of pertaining to the bed, spice up your sex by choosing different locations. Indulging in sex on your rooftop under a full moon, or buying innovative, naughty sex toys allows you to gel better with your partner. Sex is enjoyed more when accompanied with laughter and fun.
- Maintain overall intimacy - Regular good sex is important as it helps you to forget your daily hustle and bustle and end up in a different kind of world. Sexual intimacy is a key factor in living up your relationship. However, you should keep in mind that intimacy is not just confined to the bedroom. To maintain your spark, you must be intimate in other aspects of life as well with your partner. Preparing a meal together, dancing together, going for vacations enable to maintain intimacy in other sections instead of just the sex.
- Communicate - Tell your partner about your sexual preferences. Mention what you like and what is not suitable for you. Getting comfortable with each other is the most vital aspect in maintaining continued passion in your sex life. If you are not totally at ease with your partner, you may never find yourself experimenting or trying new moves in bed. Moreover, your partner is your counterpart and your most trusted companion. Communication at the level of friendship is also very important. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.