Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shah
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShahYour feedback matters!
I'm having severe tooth ache for the past six months, my tooth is half broken and I have swelling beneath my gums. What should I Do?
Hello want to ask about my teeth I used to brush daily with dabur red powder but ther is black kind of material is deposited at the junction of teeth and gum I brushed hard to remove that blackish type material but its not get removed till now and my teeth are also not so clean as they should please suggest me some medicine or tooth powder to cure this I will be grateful to you.
I am suffering from pharyngitis. N I am allergic to antibiotics (specially to septran medicine). Please suggest me some medicine and any precautions. Thank you.
I am 26 years old. I have couple of blisters- looks like little mouth ulcers with bump under my foreskin. It's been there for 3 years or so. I don't feel any pain. I haven't had any sexual contact ever. Is this any kind of infection? I am concerned about it. Please help me.
Blood coming on teeth from last week still coming, & my teeth are in yellow , I tried nos of toothpaste, tried banana also no use . I need solution , tq fr suggestions.
I'm having multiple mouth ulcers on tongue and lips. Please suggest me some best meds as I'm not able to eat or drink anything from past few weeks. I'm also using meds like oraways gel and borax homeopathic med but no improvement till now. I drink lots of water nearly 4-5 litres but nothing is helping in this situation, please help me regarding this query. Thank you.
Hi doctor, I am having bleeding from when I brush the teeth in morning. What is the reason for it. What is precaution to eliminate this problem. From 2 days I got pain in teeth. Today I got swollen on left hand side of mouth where teeth pain. What medicine is there for teeth pain kill and make swollen out.
Hello sir or mam, I want to ask about my teeth related problem. I am suffering from pain because of it. I think it is some muscular pain.
If you have experienced sharp pain when you eat/drink hot, cold, sweet and sour food/drinks, or when you brush/floss your teeth, you may be suffering from tooth sensitivity provided that you do not have oral problems such as tooth decay. Even if you do not have any sensitive teeth, you are encouraged to read this article to prevent it.
What is Tooth Sensitivity? Tooth sensitivity is mainly caused by exposure of dentine (innermost layer) of the tooth to the oral environment. The dentine has numerous fine tubules which connect to the pulp. When the nerve endings in the pulp are irritated by external stimulus, sharp pain is felt.
The outermost layer of the crown is enamel. If the enamel has been damaged, the dentine will not be protected. The dentine of the root of a tooth is covered by the gum. If there is gum recession, the dentine of the root will be exposed.
Dentine Exposure is caused by:
1. Using a toothbrush with hard bristles
2. Brushing the teeth with excessive force or incorrect brushing technique, leading to gum recession and abrasion of the root surface
3. Periodontal disease, resulting from gum recession and exposure of root surfaces
4. Acid erosion of enamel due to frequent intake of highly acidic food or drinks.
5. Habitual teeth grinding which wears off the enamel
Management of tooth sensitivity
1. Consult the dentist and learn the correct tooth brushing technique to prevent further abrasion of root surfaces.
2. Use desensitizing toothpaste to relieve tooth sensitivity. Please consult your dentist before purchasing or using desensitizing toothpaste.
3. If dentine has been exposed, the dentist can apply topical fluoride or put a filling over the exposed surface to reduce the sensitivity.
4. If you habitually grind your teeth, the dentist may fabricate a “night guard” for you to wear over the teeth to prevent continual attrition of teeth.
5. Other than tooth sensitivity, dental problems such as tooth decay, gum disease and cracked tooth may also lead to toothache. Therefore, if you have a toothache, please consult your dentist to find out the reasons behind it.