Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sayantani Ghosh Saikia
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sayantani Ghosh SaikiaYour feedback matters!
Hai doctor. My name is swalih.In some days I have heart pain. What is the reason for this heart pain.
I will drink lemon water at that time, but still my bp id getting low and getting severe stomach pain.
I am 39 year old, my triglycerides are 121, LDL is 49 and HDL is 37, doctor has prescribed my rosuvas F5, i am suffering from joint pain, what should I do? Please advice.,
I am 40 years old suffering from below problems 1. Allergies like continues sneezing 2. Breathing issues 3. Cholesterol.
doctor Ne Red Wine heart ke liye good bataya hai. Kya Red wine main Alcohol nahi hota? Kya ye heart ke liye good hai ? Please reply.
From last month late night 1 am to around 8 am I have breathing problem and some sound comes when breathing I shown a general physician he say lungs is ok and I done my chest X-ray this also comes normal but this problem is not gone I have running nose also almost for long time what's the reason of this problem.
My mother's sister have been suffering from hyper acidity problem. She is suffering from hypertension problem. Her b.p is 140/80. She has also thyroid problem. What should she do to cure hyperacidity and hypertension. She has also dysentery.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull.
There is no fixed definition for the best diet. It solely depends on the health condition, requirement, and restrictions of a patient that a diet can be planned that can help deal with or prevent a particular health threat while ensuring overall good health.
Cholesterol is becoming a widely known threat responsible for inflammation and forming blood clots which may lead to strokes and heart attacks. Since it is a growing concern, it is recommended the patient follows a proper diet that can help in keeping the cholesterol level in the blood under control. To make such a best diet, below are few necessary and practical tips.
Opt For Healthier Fats
One must remember that the saturated fat found in the dairy products and red meat raise the level of the bad cholesterol or LDL, instead of reducing it. Receiving around 7 percent of the regular calorie need of the body is necessary from saturated fats. Therefore, one needs to opt for healthier saturated fats, such as canola or olive oils, monounsaturated fat products, low-fat dairy products, etc.
Increase the Intake of Fiber
The more the sources of fiber will be there in one’s diet, especially the soluble ones, the more health benefits one can have from that diet regarding the cholesterol reduction. Fresh fruits, oat bran, oats, beans, vegetables, and lentil are excellent sources of fiber and must be there in one's diet to make it the best.
Avoid having Trans Fats
Trans fats are known to increase the bad cholesterol(LDL) and reduce the good cholesterol (HDL). Therefore, eliminating sources of trans fats from one's diet will automatically contribute to keeping the cholesterol levels under control. Usually, it is the fried foods, various commercial products such as snack cakes, crackers or cakes, junk foods that are filled with trans fats and must be avoided.
Include Whey Protein
Whey protein has found to be a good source of reducing LDL or low-density lipoprotein and maintaining a balance in the overall cholesterol production inside the body. Therefore, including foods like ricotta cheese, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, etc., each of them being rich in whey, can be a smart way of making one's diet more heart-friendly.
Add Omega 3 Fatty Acid Rich Foods
To make your diet a cholesterol reducer, try eating foods that are rich in omega 3 fatty acid. Though this particular fat is not associated with affecting the LDL cholesterol, it helps in the good cholesterol or HDL level in the blood, reducing both the triglycerides in the blood and blood pressure. Walnuts, ground flaxseeds, almonds, fishes like salmon, herring and mackerel are a few good sources of omega 3 fatty acid.
Apart from making the diet healthier and heart friendly, one should consider making some lifestyle changes such as to exercise regularly, to quit smoking, etc., to make the diet more effective and its results long-lasting.