Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sayantani Ghosh SaikiaYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from high bp and started taking medication however ever since I am having problems in erection Cn the medication be reason for that What is the solution?
The heart muscle is the central pumping machine that ensures that blood flow throughout the body is maintained and all other organs have a regular supply. One of the conditions that can cause this organ to malfunction is cardiomyopathy, wherein the heart is unable to pump the blood to all parts of the body. This condition can even lead to heart failure and is something that needs to be addressed and diagnosed quickly.
Symptoms of Cardiomyopathy
Early stages of cardiomyopathy may be difficult to detect externally, although it may be slowly reducing your heart’s capacity. Symptoms that start showing in later stages may include:
- Constant fatigue, even without physical activity
- Fluid may build up and thus cause bloating within the body
- Persistent coughing while lying down
- You may have irregular heartbeats that may sometimes be quite rapid
- Due to the lack of blood supply, you may feel lightheaded, dizzy and might even cause you to faint
- Even the slightest of exertions will cause breathlessness and exhaustion and you may even feel this symptom while at rest
- Intermittent chest pain
Causes of Cardiomyopathy
Causes of this condition may vary from patient to patient, although certain common factors include:
- Genetic reasons where one or both parents are susceptible to this condition
- Metabolic problems such as obesity, diabetes or thyroid problems
- Substance abuse such as anabolic steroids, amphetamines cocaine or even the consumption of excessive alcohol
- High blood pressure for prolonged periods
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Side effects of drug treatments such as the use of certain chemicals in chemotherapy
Types of Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy has multiple types; depending on what causes them and also certain specific symptoms. These are:
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Unclassified cardiomyopathies
Treatment for cardiomyopathy
The treatment of these various forms of cardiomyopathy will vary depending on the type and also the stage and condition of the heart. Some of these treatments include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Surgeries such as Septal myectomy, Septal ablation and Radiofrequency ablation
- Implantable devices such as Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator or ICD
- Ventricular assist devices
- Heart transplant in the worst case scenarios
My left side of chest I growing large day by day. Am I suffering from Gynecomastia. Please suggest some medicines.
My name is Anjali saha. Of 72 I am a cardiac patient with HYT, THYROID, DB I have a blockade. Running heart medicine are DEPLLET75, eltroxin50, telmikind AMH40. Present I am suffering with an eye problem that is there is itching, accompanied by flowing with water and redness I have goggles with power from 16years AGE. Still I don't have any difficulties in seeing. APPLYING - OPTIVE FUSION DROPS. Doctor consulted me that THERE IS A new cataract which is just developing. But I don't want an operation now then how can I clear my problems.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
My mother age 45 (taking treatment for hyper thyroid and b.p) is having urticaria,(itching) and she took levocetirizine 5 mg ,it worked very well, so how much dose and for how much duration she has to take it for complete cure safely, pls answer.
My symptoms are as follows, I have pain in my neck, I have stiffness and pain in the left side of my neck with pain going down through my shoulder, under my arm pit, upper arm, and pain, numbness, burning sensations and tingling in my lower arm. Pain in left wrist with numbness in my 4th and 5th fingers and lower part of my hand extending back up my arm. I have this Symptoms since 15 days day and night continuously. And high blood pressure. I was sent from the Gp to who sent me to a neurologist,
My wife 35 year age, suffering from chest pain, echo test reports says mildly reduced LV global function and trivia mitral regurgitation.
Sir, I have high fever and suffering from cold. I want more satisfaction please do something. It has high blood pressure too.
I am 49 years old I am having high cholestrol since 2000. Drugs I take is roseday 10 mg and ecosprene 75 at present total cholestrol remain below 200 but ldl is 110. Any suggestions.
My Father 52 years had heart burn and heart attack. He has high sugar and blocks in the heart and he has placed 3 stent his heart. Doctor prescribed medicines. Now he is ok .But Not interested in eating food? He wants to eat only tasty food. .He also has low blood pressure. Please suggest me some steps.
What to do to maintain our body? What should do to been smart health? What to do for heart patient? If poison goes on our body what to do to stop it? How to be well healthy ?
My chest keeps paining suddenly sometimes, if I drink some water or eat some food my chest keeps paining a lot, what should I do?
I am suffering from chest pain from two weeks, I feel like pain is from both lungs ,I am child smoker , smoking from 2 years daily 7 cigrate ,is this related to some cancer give me some solutions to quit smoking.
I frequently have chest pain but doctors are saying that my chest is clear then what is the reason behind it.
If you're a smoker, quit. It's the single best thing you can do for your heart health.
Smoking is one of the main causes of coronary heart disease.
A year after giving up, your risk of a heart attack falls to about half that of a smoker.