Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sayantani Ghosh Saikia
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sayantani Ghosh SaikiaYour feedback matters!
I am a 65 year old hypertensive, diabetic on oral medication. My creatinine and triglyceride levels are 1.3(0.6-1.17) and 268 respectively. I am a hypertensive since the age of 18 and diabetic since I was 51. I take Telma 80, Concor AM 5, PrazopressXL 5, OD and a combo of Pioglitazone15, Glimepiride 1 and Metformin 500 as well as Voglistar0.3 BID inadditon to a multivitamin and a diazepam tablet. Consulted a nephrologist who said that it is normal for me and did not add any medicine. My other lipids are normal, HbA1c id 6.4 and 3 CAGs int he past , last being in Feb 2009 were normal. I dont smoke and drink occasionally. Please advise.
Im suffering left upper chest pain and breathing problem shortness of breath any time since 10 years I consult lot of Dr. but no use no body can recognize my problem yesterday I have chest x ray it was healthy and normal my Dr. says but still im suffering pls help me.
I am 31 years old male n I have hyper tension issue for that I will search the best possible solution, so pl suggest the solution.
How to lower high triglycerides and what food has to be consumed for each meal especially for dinner.
Why do I vomit when I cough roughly after eating food.. Chest pain and eyes becomes red. Y? From past one month.
My cholesterol is now LDL 125, but pressure 100/60 & blood sugar fasting 67-70 usually. Am I really facing danger as I am in between 40 to 45 by age?
My dad is heart patient. And before some day ago he placed a stand in heart so what is precaution to be followed
Doctor my tc-157; hdl 38;ldl 91; tgl118;tc/hdl ratio 4.1;ldl/hdl-2.4 ;vldl ratio23. 6 ;i have bp, and I smoke 3 cigarettes a day. Whether I hav the risk of heart attack, my uric acid level is 8 it will be a problem for my kidney.
For pre diabetes and ldl cholesterol just pp 206 (6 pts more than normal) and ldl 159 (1pt less upto 160 normal) if I need any medicine or by food exercise walk/standing/fruits/frequency of light food can bring this to normal and maintain. Thanks for your anticipated reply.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.