Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sayantanee Sen GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am taking birth control pill regularly. And I know it has many more side effects but I want to continue that pill and I.e unwanted 21. Is it create any serious health issue. If it is then please let me know what to do? I have to change my medicine or any thing else which may resolve my problems contaminated that problem and everything will be all right.
Hi. My friend got married recently. On December fourth. Her last menstrual cycle was on fifteen of November. She is yet to get her periods. Wat are the chances of pregnancy. Her cycle is usually 28.
Im a 23 year old with a thyroid and pcod problem. I want to badly lose weight but unable to because of my huge appetite And sedan try lifestyle.
Cashew nuts are extremely nutritious. They are packed with energy, fiber, anti-oxidants, vitamins and various minerals, all of which are essential for the normal functioning of the body. These kidney-shaped nuts are not only delicious but are loaded with tons of health benefits, which are:
1.Dental benefit - The chemicals present in cashew nuts kills gram positive bacteria and other dental afflictions that can cause tooth decay. Cashews are rich in minerals like calcium and phosphate, which are essential nutrients for dental health. They are known to strengthen the enamel of the teeth, and research shows that cashews can remove abscessed teeth although no conclusive evidence has yet been found.
2. Eye health - Zea-xanthin, an important antioxidant, present in small amounts in cashew nuts helps to improve eye health. This antioxidant, which gets selectively absorbed into the retinal macula lutea of the eye (responsible for filtering UV rays), helps to slow down age-related macular degeneration of vision.
3. Weight loss - Although cashew nuts are fat rich food, they help in shedding weight. They contain good fat out of which 75% of is unsaturated. This unsaturated fat provides more energy to the body, which helps in improving metabolism. Thus, it helps in weight loss, if consumed in moderation.
4. Aids in brain function - The human brain depends on two types of fat to function. They are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Cashew nuts contain both of these fats and help in the dual functions of producing brain cells and improving oxygen circulation in the brain, which aids in improving memory.
5. Healthy heart - Cashew nuts are rich in several monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic and palmitoleic acid that help in the proper functioning of the heart. These crucial fatty acids help in lowering the harmful lipoprotein, and in increasing the level of good cholesterol. The monounsaturated fatty acids also help to prevent coronary artery diseases by reducing triglyceride levels.
Ways to Include Cashews in your diet: It is more advisable to much the cashew just as they are. A fried/salty variety adds more calories. You can also use it as a garnish or use it in your shakes or dips (soaked and grinded). Add a few cashews to your bowl of cereal in the morning, or a few steamed ones to your plate of sauteed vegetables.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hello Doctor, Meri problem ye ki mujhe 2009 s p. cause ki problem h tab se mene harface hyponid glyciphage evecare sayocare srup na jane kaise kaise tablet kha le h period aata phir ruk jana mein and ab ja ke 2015 ko thyroid test karwaya mera thyroid 25 tha ab 7.45 h magar m period se ab bhi nahi ho pa rahe doctor please help me Doctor Mein kya karun jo mera peroid thik ho.
I am 22 year old female and my periods were irregular is there any problem what should I do? give me some solution.
Brown vaginal discharge. Very little. A bit of pain in legs, thighs. And near pubic regions. Is that sign of pregnancy? Please tell me.
The risks and harms of smoking are pretty much common knowledge to most people. Especially when the pack of cigarettes practically screams it out to you in bold letters. Yet, as statistics would say, smoking in young adults has been on the rise in the recent years. What makes them take this step? Maybe it is peer pressure, or maybe they do it for the thrill of it. Every country takes a great initiative in educating their population, yet some fail to understand the complexity of the situation.
Here are some of the reasons that will tell you that even a single puff of the deadly tobacco can severely harm your health and general well-being
- Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of cancer. It can cause cancer in most organs of the body. Smoking cigarettes can cause the following
- Nose cancer
- Throat cancer
- Larynx cancer
- Mouth cancer
- Oesophageal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Liver cancer
- Cervix cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Cervical cancer etc.
- Smokers are more prone to respiratory diseases because smoking is capable of compromising the immune system of the body.
- Autoimmune diseases such as Crohn’s disease and rheumatoid arthritis are more likely to occur in smokers as their immune system is compromised by smoking.
- Smoking has been linked to diabetes type 2. This type of diabetes develops during adulthood. The more cigarettes a person smokes, the more likely is the person to develop this disease.
- Smoking puts you at risk of developing several heart diseases such as angina, heart attacks, etc. because the nicotine in the body results in the lowering of good cholesterol. This causes deposition of bad cholesterol in the arteries.
- Tobacco can cause tooth decay and several other oral problems such as gingivitis and other problems of the gum.
- Cigarettes constrict your blood vessels. This constant narrowing of blood vessels can cause erectile dysfunction in men and leads to the infertility in both men and women. It also makes them difficult to achieve orgasms.
- You might find yourself craving for cigarettes when you’re stressed out. This is because the effect of nicotine in the cigarettes is lowered by the hormone produced during a stressful situation, i.e. cortisone.
- Nicotine that causes momentary central nervous system stimulation can cause addiction and dependence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am facing pcod problem abt not to getting proper periods and my rbc count n hb level is low and my sugar levels r increased recently.
I am 22 year old. Married for 2 years. Have endometriosis on both ovary. Usg reports attached. My husband has oligoasthenoteratozoospermia. My hormone levels are normal. AMH is 2.93 and ovulation is proper. We have taken the opinion of two doctors. One doctors opinion was to do laparoscopy for me and tablets for him. And try to conceive within 6 months after lapro. The other one put forward the option of ivf. But is ivf the ultimate option? Can laparoscopy be helpful for me to conceive? Which opinion could be better? Does doing laparoscopy damage ovary or decrease the hormonal levels?
Hi I'm 26 year old male we don't have a plan for a baby rite now my wife has pregnant 1 month how to stop pregnancy.
Piles or Hemorrhoids has become a common problem now a days. It may be due to our changed lifestyles like reduced physical activity, irregular food intake and consumption of fast food etc. These factors lead to disturbance in digestive system leading to constipation. Due to which the person has to put extra strain while passing stool leading to pulling of blood in veins and subsequent engorgement in the form of pile masses. Thus we see the Piles are nothing but engorged blood vessels in the anal canal.
Piles are commonly known as बवासीर in the society and is considered as social stigma. Due to lack of knowledge and social inhibition; people do not discuss this problem openly and are subsequently misguided by quacks like benagli treatment, madrasi treatment, Chandsi treatment etc. etc.
Anal region being a very sensitive part; the pt. usually avoids any type of surgical intervention in this area and they are looking for some alternative to surgery. We at Sushruta Anorectal Institute, are constantly trying to manage Piles in all its stages preferably without surgery or with minimal surgical intervention.
Depending upon the presentation the hemorrhoids (Piles) are grossly divided in two categories-
1. External Piles
As the name indicates; these are the pile masses which are present outside the anal orifice. They do not bleed but when large in size; may put some obstruction to the passage of stools. Some times patient complains of itching in these masses. When inflamed they become painful and swollen. They are removed by minimal surgical procedure with ligation of Ksharsutra at the root. This is an OPD procedure and patient can go home after 1 hour rest.
2. Internal Piles
There are three stages of Internal pile. In first stage; patient complains of painless bleeding. At this stage; doctor finds presence of internal pile masses on proctoscopy. In the second stage, the pile masses start protruding out while passing stool. Initially they get reduced by itself but in advanced stage; patients need to reduce these manually. In the third stage; the internal pile mass comes out not only at the time of passing stool but also while walking and sitting.
Treatment for Piles
The first stage internal piles are treated by Kshar Karma and oral medication. Second stage piles are treated successfully by combining Kshar Karma and sclerotherapy. If the pile masses are big enough then they are ligated by Ksharsutra. In the third stage also Ksharsutra ligation is done at the base of Pile mass which drops out in 5-7 days. This way the internal hemorrhoids can be successfully treated without surgery without hospitalization in all its stages.
Dos and Don'ts
The patient suffering from piles should:
- Increase consumption of fibrous food
- Increase intake of fluid/ butter milk
- Exercise regularly
- Always try to reduce the pile masses by applying pressure with fingers so that they remain inside the rectum
- Should not Spend more than 10 minutes for passing stool
- Should not Strain too much while passing stool
- Should not Consume fast food, spicy and oily food
I am suffering from diabetes, high pressure. My USG report shows that I am having fatty liver, bulky uterus, chronic kidney disease. Inspite of doing exercise, my stomach looks as if I am pregnant. Pls help me by giving remedy. Thanks.
Last time her period is 14/03/2017 in between I intimate her two tym with safety once in middle of period. Her mc is 28 to 30 days. After this 18/04/2017 I intimate her two tym. I regularly check period from 14/07/2017 but result is negative. I can give her mtp or wait sometime. Please suggest and I test with pregnancy kit but 5 times it shows negative.
I am 23 years old lady. I got married before 3 yrs. Mood is not coming to do sex . .Plz suggest me some tab.
Today, most people’s perception of a beautiful woman is a tall, slim, fair skinned woman. However, not everyone is built with such a physique but still have a beauty of their own. As they say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and if you think you are beautiful then that confidence will indeed give you the grace and elegance to be noticed. Sadly, we tend to focus more on the social perception of beauty and tend to find faults with ourselves as we try to fit into that mould. These constant negative thoughts lead to the development of emotions that range from discontentment to depression and hence are extremely unhealthy. Here are a few tips to help break out of this negative cycle:
Look Out For Thinking Errors- Most people with a negative self-image tend to think along a few common lines. Recognise these thinking errors and try avoiding them to build a more positive self-image. This includes thinking only in extremes, magnifying things, turning emotions into reasons etc. Realise that thinking negatively makes it more difficult for you to achieve your goals or what you want out of life. Recognising these patterns is the first step towards accepting yourself and building your self-confidence.
Stop Making Comparisons- From early childhood, we begin comparing ourselves with others. As we get older, we compare our self-image with what we see on magazine covers and billboards. Even though we know they have been digitally enhanced, we still aspire to look like them. However, each person’s physique is different and it is not possible for everyone to look like a model.
Recognise Your Strengths- You may have heavy hips but at the same time, you also may have beautiful eyes. Focus on the parts of your body that you love and each time you find yourself complaining about your self-image, remind yourself of these parts. Be grateful for what you have instead of sinking into a victim syndrome.
- Look Out For Triggers- Find out what triggers negative thoughts in you and stay away from them for a while. For some people, this may be in the form of magazines while for others it may be certain TV shows or even the company they keep. Surround yourself with positive imagery and positive people who will support you and uplift you instead of simply sympathising with you and letting you believe that you are a victim. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Ginger lemon honey tea is the best homemade recipe to burn belly fat.
To make it you will need:
-4 cups of water
-1 peeled and sliced ginger
-1 tablespoon of honey
Start by boiling the 4 cups of water with the ginger for 10 minutes. After it is done, remove it from the heat and add the lemon juice. Mix them and add 1 tablespoon of honey. And you have your ginger lemon honey tea. Drinking one cup of this tea in the morning is enough but if you want to have faster and better results have 2-3 cups a day.
Ginger has the thermogenic capacity so it will raise your body temperature and as a result of that, it will stimulate the fat burning process in your body. Also, ginger is very good for cortisol production. Cortisol is a steroid hormone which is very important to the maintenance of homeostasis. And because it is regulating many of the changes that occur in the body in response to stress people are calling it 'the stress hormone'