Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sayandev DasguptaYour feedback matters!
Sir/Ma'm, I am a male and my age is 24. please tell me how to make my facial skin smooth because my face is rough and dull.
When I eat pickle or curd in night so next day my lips get swollen or have itching on my wrist my wrist gets swollen or gets red.
Hi I'm a male my face looks oily and sweaty I use various type of face wash for my skin but it doesn't work or makes my skin more oily and sweaty please tel me wat to do? Wat should I do please help me out.
Hi my cousin have an severe problem on her hands there's little layer of skin have come so she have rashes and itching on her skin. To see it is little obvious and is there from 3 to 4 years recently. This is there on her right hand on the joints. Only little. I HOPE SIR YOU CAN HELP HER WITH YOUR AUSPICIOUS ADVISE can help her to greater extant. THANK YOU MADAM
I have black spots as well as pimples on my face. I used scar removal cream For 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
How to the change the colour of my foreskin (the skin on my penis). I'm a very fair guy but down there it's all dark! How do I change it's colour?
Since its inception, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) has been used for healing wounded tissues. It has been majorly used as a remedy for connective tissue damage. Owing to recent advancements in medical research, PRP finds its application in hair restoration therapy.
PRP for hair restoration is a developing non-surgical technique to stimulate hair growth. This therapeutic process finds its vital use in fuelling hair growth in male and female suffering from hair loss. The entire concept of PRP revolves round the body's natural healing power. It amplifies the healing mechanism and enhances the density of hair.
Advantages of PRP:
- PRP enhances the growth of follicular hair cells
- PRP upgrades the blood supply to scalp
- The hair growth cycle is elevated
- Swelling of scalp is decreased to a greater extent
- All the factors contributing to hair growth are supplied
PRP is essentially an intense source of platelets. It consists of numerous growth factors, which can promote the healing power of skin and scalp. When PRP is used along with hair transplant surgery, it enhances the growth rate of follicular hair grafts. If PRP is used to treat hair loss, it significantly minimizes the rate of hair fall.
The Procedure of PRP:
The complete PRP procedure is very simple and patient experiences minimal pain. Blood is drawn from the patient in an amount equal to that of taken during any blood test. The blood is rotated with a high frequency in a centrifuge to detach the PRP from the rest of the blood. Next, the PRP is concentrated to thrice the normal blood count by spinning it in a closed sterile system. The procedure makes PRP devoid of granulocyte, which otherwise hampers the cell regeneration system of the body. The scalp of the patient is supplied with anesthesia so that the patient undergoes minimal pain. Finally, the PRP is infused into the scalp of the patient. No further medication is required.
How effective is PRP?
PRP is completely safe and natural. It does not involve any kind of modification of cells. It just concentrates the growth factors in blood so as to promote the hair growth. No blood infection occurs during the process. Thus, it can be easily undertaken by anyone suffering from hair loss. However, it is completely a personal choice.
I have got very sensitive skin, with a bit of pigmentation, pimple marks as well as pores. My skin looks very unhealthy. What should I do?
Sir, almost 15 days my father feeling ill. All over thing is normal but during latrine he fills that huge quantity of blood is releasing from the inner side. With these symptoms he is also feeling pain. What may be it?
Eczema is a skin condition marked by eruptions that are often pus filled boils and can be of many kinds. One of the kinds of eczema is also known as Atopic Dermatitis. Before treating Atopic Eczema it is always good to take an opinion of a Dermatologist, as the skin of Atopic patients is sensitive and not all home remedies may suit everyone. It is known to aggravate during cold and biting months of winter and can lead to dryness and scaly patches. It is commonly found in patients who are young children and babies. The flare up can also relapse again. Reddish brown patches and oozing boils characterize this skin ailment. It is mostly found on the face, scalp, knees and elbows.
Let us look at the natural ways in which it can be treated effectively:
- Oil Massages: Atopic Eczema is usually characterized by severe dryness, which can be fixed with the help of coconut oil and olive oil massages. Sunflower seed oil and others like camomile, chickweed, licorice and thyme can help in bringing down the inflammation by soothing the area and removing the dryness to a great extent. These oils also have antibacterial properties which can help in treating the eczema in an efficient manner. Further, green tea, primrose oil, aromatherapy and other such methods can also be used to soothe the skin and treat the condition.
- Probiotics and other Essentials: It is important to get a good dose of Omega-3 oils as well as other essentials like probiotics and flavonoids that are contained in food like green and leafy vegetables, dairy products, fish and others. These elements can help in treating Atopic Eczema in a natural manner.
- Vitamins: Eating the right food can help in removing painful symptoms to a great degree. One can turn to vitamin supplements that will supply precious Vitamin D to the body and help the skin become clear. Vitamin D can also be found in green vegetables, fish and dry fruits like figs and almonds.
- Lifestyle Changes: There are other ways of treating this condition. One of the methods includes making lifestyle changes like using deep breathing and meditative techniques that can bring the stress level down so that the flare up does not happen and the immune system continues to function properly. Also, patients would be advised to use a cold compress every night as this is when the itching increases by leaps and bounds. The use of oat meal baths with baking soda can also help.
- Aloe Vera Gel: The soothing and healing properties of Aloe Vera are well known. One can use the gel of this herb to bring down the painful inflammation as well.
There are various ways to deal with Atopic Eczema and hygiene is one of the top methods along with a good lifestyle.