Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saurabh GhoshYour feedback matters!
My skin tone is average but due to sun tan It became even darker since last couple of years. Is there any way to get back to the previous skin tone and preventing further damage. Will fruits and juice help in improving skin tone? And my skin is prone with moderate pimples dark spots and oiliness? Help please.
I am a 24 yr old male and I drink plenty of water daily, but still I frequently develop acne's and pimples (2-3 at once) on my face, especially on both the cheeks. Since last 5-6 years the acne's come and go. And I also have a lot of marks (like dents) on my face. Please suggest some remedy to overcome this problem.
I want to have innie belly button. I have a skin pop out. How can I get rid of them without surgery and push them in. Please help.
Doc. Tell me the best and effective way to Reduce my Melanin and make my face Glow and How long does it takes to do it?
I am suffering with breast pain which frequently comes from one month but I have this from 13 now my age is 20. Can you give me suggestions please ?
Sir I m 20 years old. Last couple weeks I have noticed I have increased itching in random areas of body, around my ankles, hands, palms, back, waist, and on top of hands. I don't have hives or irritation or any flaring of skin but I scratch just enough where I leave scratch marks on my skin. It feels like something is crawling underneath skin. I try to rub but occasionally it is not enough that I end up scratching. This to me is not something normal.
I am 19 years old boy. I am having laprocy (skin becomes white). What treatment should I do for it? I am having it since I was 2 years.
Hi doctor, my face was becomming black colour daily & tan also somuch on forehead, how to become white
I am 24 years old boy and my face skin has been going dark and dark giving me some medicine name to clean up my face.
I am a civil engg, I use to do work most of the time outside, my skin is getting dark due sun and dust I have used lot of day creams and sunscreen lotions but no use. Can you help me to get over my problem and to get glow skin.
Hypertrichosis: Symptoms and causes
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development.