Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Saumyajit BasuYour feedback matters!
He is a magician.then i was 25 yrs old and suffering from very severe low back pain and i could not walk or stand or sit any more.on may 2013 after studying my x- rays and MRI he suggested me immidiate oparation.my oparation done on 10th june 2013 successfully.my oparation was 5.30hrs near about.after oparation continue 2 yrs rutine cheek up done with dr.basu.now i am fine and i am 29 yrs old.without any big problem i spending my life.bt when some small problem occurs then i go to dr.basu and take his advice....he is a very good gye....very helpfull.DR.SAUMYAJIT BASU is my real hero of my life and real god also.
He is as good as god to me. I can say he saved my life.I lost all my hope when I came in touch with me he operated me for lower back pain my lower disk L4 L 5 L5 S1 all these disk were imbulged and the pain continue to my both the legs till ankle I couldn’t manage to stand for continuous 5 mins but after operation I got my self absolutely fine all I can say he is a god
His efficiency is is incomparable. Today the state of my physical condition is the most valued gift from him received ever after my born. I just loved his caring attitude, easy interaction and devotion to the treatment. In one word he is an amazing Doctor with amazing personality with hundred percent efficiency level. Hats off to him.
This was our very first visit and so far we are very pleased with the Doctor for his care and concern.
My age is 24 yr. 1.5 years back. I was a victim of T.B .and I used medicine to get rid of it. But later I found uric acid is increasing in my body. I HV taken medicine. It decreased. But later again it started increasing in the body. And the doctors told that you HV to take medicine regularly for that. May I know why uric acid is increasing in my blood. What wrong I HV done in taking medicine?
I am 32 years old. Suffering from heel pain of right leg since 1 months. I can't walk properly. 2 times daily give ice on the pain area and gently massage with volini but still it is not cured. please give me suggestion. My wight is 70 kg. And I regularly do free hand exercise and yoga.
Sir I usually follow a very poor diet which includes eating a lot of fatty foods less exercise and more of playing video games eye. I'm 20 yes old my weight 10e. Got a pain in back and then suddenly after a few days pain in costal area. Then after a few days the chest pain subsided but my back pain is still there. I eat a lot of magic or sodium rich foods. Got my blood test showed high cholesterol and I thought it may be kidney stone. So had an ultrasound done which shows my kidneys are fine and no stone. My lower back pain. It radiates to up side sometime. If I think less it didn't feel but the more I think the more it comes and irritated me. The pain in my chest area was hard and took few days to go. I usually have a bad seating posture and I'm had an abdomen ultrasound which showed my kidneys were fine but I'm still scared. I have stopped the junk food from outside and eat only good made in hostel which is usually spicy. I used to eat a lot of butter and the oil they use is refined oil. I also ate to Mitch fatty stuff prior to this incident what should I do further.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
1. You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
2. Stiffness and swelling
3. You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
4. You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!