Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Saumyajit BasuYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from wrist sprain since last week. Suddenly my left leg started paining since yesterday. I am not able to walk or even stand properly. I thought I got cramps. My left knee is really paining while walking but I don't feel any pain while rest, but only while movement. Please get me some advice doctor. Precisely, I got my school picnic tomorrow.
I had got an knee injury 2months before. Then I was using Iodex sport spry for pain. But the pain is stii there on today Also. Please suggest me proper treatment.
I have grade 1 acl injury wich is paining a lot previous doctor was tod fo physio therapy but I am having recurveatem problem because of which I am not able to stand.
Hello doctor I am know being 27 having back pain. I use laptop but without laptop I cannot do the task. So any digonisis required to just be away from the pain.
My wife is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for the last 10 years no relief after taking so many types of medicine including ayurveda please advise.
Sir I am working in indian army, I have suffering from lower back pain since one year. And I have mir report also but it's showing normal. But some time I have shooting pain, weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot. After I taken medicine (pregabalin & methylcobalmin capsules with pain killer tablet) pain will reduce in week. But lower chronicle back pain continuously is there, then I am doing strengthening exercise since one year there is no use. Please advice me what can I do.
Sir I am suffered from back pain and some problem of night fall kindly suggest me good medicine for this illness. thanks YU.
undergoing a proper core stability and strengthening exercises will help you keep your back strong and aligned.
I am 67 years young. I have numbness in the outer portion of both thighs. Degree is more, when I get up in the morning.
Merai ko Sr Mai dard hai pesab Mai vi jalan hai Aur legs & hands kafi jaada rahta hai ek tarah se dard hi krta rahta hai isse pehle vitamin D3 ki kami thi maine Dr. se dikhaya tha tab avi waisa hi lg raha hai Merai ko baccpan se leg -hand me dard raha tha thora thora ab jaada hai meko baccpan se leg Aur hand se pasina aata hai avitk.
She is having back neck pain from last 1 month we have consulted local orthopaedic doctor he has given medicine after taking medicine pain ends after that medicine once again pain started what to do I am confused kindly help me regarding Kindly suggest to which specialized doctor to consult.
KINDLY INFOR ME ABOUT THE REASON AND PRECAUTION AND REMEDY FOR ASTRO ARTHRITIS . I AM 52 YEARS OLD AND LAST WEEK I WAS TOLD BY DR ABOUT ARTHRITIS IN MY RIGHT KNEE .WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY . THANX
Hey sir I need a help my mother have too much pain in legs every night. She can not even sleep just bcoz of this plzz help me .thank you sooo much. Age 54.
I am getting severe back pain in my lower back. I am not able to sit or stand properly for the last 2 days. What should I do?
I have back pain on the right side just above the waist line since many days. I don't feel any other symptoms. Please suggest me what to do?
I have always getting right hand pain even I scan my hand in that there is no problem but am getting always pain shoulder to last finger why.
Dear Sir, I am 53 years old and having problem of knee pain since last six month. She I get up in the morning it is severe. But gradually it decreases. I take pain relief pills time to time. But only temporary relief is there. Is there any long term solution. Bharat Bhushan Das.
Osteoporosis wreaks havoc in many senior citizens, especially women. This is a disorder that systematically weakens the bone and can fracture the spine and the hip. If not treated early, it poses a serious threat to mobility. While medicine is a prerequisite to treating this condition, exercise goes a long way in helping patients of osteoporosis. Regular exercise can improve balance and strengthen the muscle. This being said a doctor should be consulted for a fitness assessment and bone density test before going ahead with any exercise routine.
What is the right exercise for you?
Exercises are recommended depending on the degree of osteoporosis a person is suffering from. Some exercises may not be suitable for a person while some can greatly help. It is therefore suggested that a doctor or physiotherapist is consulted before starting any exercise. Here is a list of exercise that doctors often suggest:
- Strength training: Strength training aims at strengthening the spine and other muscles. It includes the usage of free weights and lifting own body weight. In case the exercise involves the usage of weight machines, utmost care should be taken to ensure that the spine does not get twisted. Resistance training, on the other hand, should be designed in such a way that it fits the tolerance and ability to cope up.
- Flexibility exercises: When the joints are allowed to go through the range of motion, it helps in muscle function. Stretching, for instance, should only be done when the muscle is warmed up. Care should be taken that stretching is done gently which is devoid of any bouncing. The spine should not be flexed. Any exercise that demands to bend towards the waist should also be avoided. An experienced physiotherapist should be able to suggest which stretching exercise is suitable for patients with osteoporosis.
- Aerobic training: Aerobic training necessarily means that the bone supports the body weight. This exercise helps the bone from mineral loss and is good for body balance strength and flexibility. Some aerobics that can be easily performed by patients with osteoporosis include dancing, stair climbing, cycling and walking. These exercises also help in blood circulation and cardiovascular diseases.
- Exercises you must avoid: High-impact body activity exercises such as jogging, jumping and running should be strictly avoided in order to avoid bone fracture and weaken muscle. Unlike exercises with controlled movements, these exercises can twist the spine and cause severe immobility in movement.
- Twisting: For patients with osteoporosis, an exercise that involves forward bending resulting the waist to come down should be avoided. Exercise such as this can cause compression fractures leading to restriction in physical movement for a temporary to longer duration. Any sort of bending and twisting, therefore, should be avoided.