Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. Saumyajit BasuYour feedback matters!
He is a magician.then i was 25 yrs old and suffering from very severe low back pain and i could not walk or stand or sit any more.on may 2013 after studying my x- rays and MRI he suggested me immidiate oparation.my oparation done on 10th june 2013 successfully.my oparation was 5.30hrs near about.after oparation continue 2 yrs rutine cheek up done with dr.basu.now i am fine and i am 29 yrs old.without any big problem i spending my life.bt when some small problem occurs then i go to dr.basu and take his advice....he is a very good gye....very helpfull.DR.SAUMYAJIT BASU is my real hero of my life and real god also.
He is as good as god to me. I can say he saved my life.I lost all my hope when I came in touch with me he operated me for lower back pain my lower disk L4 L 5 L5 S1 all these disk were imbulged and the pain continue to my both the legs till ankle I couldn’t manage to stand for continuous 5 mins but after operation I got my self absolutely fine all I can say he is a god
This was our very first visit and so far we are very pleased with the Doctor for his care and concern.
I am a twenty year girl with frequent pain in the knees - our ortho has not given any firm reasons or solution. What could be the cause and possible cure?
I have severe arthritis. N so hv terrible insomnia. I do not want steroids for this. Now I am on secondary stage. Its unbearable. Now continuously hv knee pain. M flares also frequently. Please suggest me diet and non steroidal tabs if there are so. And so I am addicted to benadryl from last 3 yrs. Is there any side effects if I intake so long. I also suffering from hyper tension.
In our fast paced life, a wrong bend or an incorrect posture is quick to trigger a back ache. It can also occur because of reasons like arthritis, improper diet, lack of physical activity, an improper lifting of a heavy object, excessive physical labour or pregnancy. Most white collared professionals are a victim of a sedentary lifestyle where they spend hours on end sitting in the same position. In fact prolonged sitting is also a cause for weight gain, obesity, joint problems, poor health and even premature death.
Our instant reaction is to take a painkiller and get relief from a back ache. But painkillers often come with unwanted side effects and it is best not to take them unless prescribed by a physician. Some of the commonly prescribed painkillers in the market increase your risk to a heart attack by 2 to 4 times, cause cardiovascular problems, gastrointestinal problems, like digestive tract bleeding and even kidney problems. Instead, back ache has several home remedies that can wonders. It will require a little patience but the zero side effect factor and long term relief will eventually be great for you.
Try these herbal and home remedies for backache:
- Internal and external pain relief with Ginger: Ginger has anti-inflammatory compounds that can work well for pain relief. You can start by making Ginger tea. To do this, add 2-3 slices of ginger in half cup boiling water and simmer it for 10 - 15 minutes. You can add honey and drink it 2-3 times a day. You can also add half tea spoon crushed peppercorns and 2-3 cloves to this tea. Adding a dash of black salt helps in improving the taste.
- Harness the power of Basil: Add 10 Basil leaves to a boiling cup of water and continue to boil it until it reduces to half. You can add a dash of salt to this and drink it through the day.
- Home remedies with exercise: Not only should you stretch between long sitting hours, you should also get some back exercise suggested by a physical trainer with expertise in the field.
- Trigger your inner healing by releasing endorphins: Endorphins act as a pain blocking mechanism in the body and doing certain activities you like can help release them. From walking for 20 minutes to aerobics, to yoga to meditation to chiropractic care, you can try whatever makes you happy and calm to trigger your inner healing.
- Garlic: These tiny cloves healing powers are well known for a variety of body ailments including blood pressure. Taking a couple of cloves early in the morning on empty stomach or massaging with garlic oil helps relieve back ache