Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Sashim KarmakerYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I want to ask about my problem I had been paining my breast for long time so suddenly I got my breast chequp so my report is not good I have a fibroadenoma problem so please tell me sir how can solve my problem because I don't want to operate.
Hello Doctor, I have a dandruff problem. If that happens I will get patches in head, face and eyebrow too, they also come out as flakes. I used many shampoos to control the dandruff but it does not work. Also I apply cream to get the patches clear from my face as well. Please help me out to get rid of this dandruff issue.
Sir actually I have consulted a Dr. Before too he told me that your skin is baby skin it can heal of its own. He gave me some medicines and face wash nd creams too . Cuz of the high fees of the Dr. I couldn't go as far away bt I continued using those products. ND now I have 4 little craters scars nd 1 big crater scar (size varies 1/2 cm dia) ND yeah I got these scars from chickenpox .
My face skin has many small dark spots and the face looks like I had some illness No cheeks, cheeks are gone inside what to do to get good skin tone and cheeks also.
I hve pimples on my face not only pimples but ther are some thing like pimple from which white coloured things come out soo tell me the tips to cure that.
How to do cleansing, toning, moisturizing and by which products and where I can find it? Please help me.
I am a 26year old women (not married). I am feeling slight pain over my left breast sometimes and it seems to be slight bigger than the right one. But I am not feeling any lumps on the breast. Whether it is a sign of breast cancer?
Hi, I'm a civil engineer so I will be always in the field I was a fair complex now due to my work from 3 years my face neck and hands have been tanned what should I do to get back my color I'm ready for the surgery also.
Aesthetic medicine is a developing branch of medicine and scientific research. The objective is to cosmetically enhance an individual's physical appearance with nominally invasive procedures. It is a modern field and is not just restricted to plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Most medical specialists can offer services in the field of aesthetic medicine.
The major types of procedures and techniques are:
1. Surgical techniques
- Liposuction: This is a surgical cosmetic technique, which is used to remove fat from certain areas of the body to re-shape the body and reduce weight.
- Facelifts: A facelift is a surgical procedure, which is done to restore the healthy and youthful features of the skin by injecting dermal fillers (soft tissue) into the hollow or sagging parts of the face or neck.
- Radiofrequency ablation: In this medical procedure, a radio wave produces electric current and eliminates the diseased or non-functional tissues. The technique has applications outside aesthetic medicine too, such as treating tumors, chronic pain, heart problems, etc.
- Hair transplant: Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are surgically removed from a donor site and implanted on the recipient side to cover up bald spots. The hair follicles are taken from the patient and so, the grafted hair continues its natural growth after surgery.
2. Non-Surgical techniques
- Radio frequency skin tightening: This is a non-surgical alternative to facelifts and it produces the connective tissues (collagen and elastin) in order to remodel the tissues and tighten the skin of the face and the neck.
- Chemical peel: A chemical peel is a type of skin treatment, which is used to smoothen and improve the texture of skin. It is especially done for the facial skin to remove lines, folds and wrinkles. The procedure causes the dead skin cells to peel off and the new skin that appears is more even and youthful.
- Non-surgical liposuction: This procedure is done using laser energy and ultrasound and the subcutaneous fat cells are eliminated. There is no suction, incision or injection involved.These techniques are of lower risk as compared to surgical weight loss procedures.
- Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal: The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) procedure involves a spectrum of wavelengths (similar to those of a light bulb), which are targeted at the skin and some of the wavelengths can remove body hair. Laser hair removal is slightly more effective than IPL because it involves a focused beam of light in one specific wavelength, which targets the hair follicles of your skin.
2 years before I used skin light cream n I got dark brown patches on my forehead. What should I do to fade this patches?
I have a black marks on my face I use clear gel and other ointments for cure bt there is no result so please give me a good suggestion for my problem.
Small boils are growing on my skin on arms and legs. Some friends are suffering from chicken pox. please help me out?
Do you ever wish you could start all over and take better care of your skin? A chemical peel could give you that chance. Peels can dramatically reduce lines, wrinkles, acne scars, dark spots, and roughness caused by years of sun.
A chemical peel is a solution applied to the face to remove the outermost layer or layers of skin. It's a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new skin that grows in its place is softer, smoother and has fewer imperfections. The new skin is also temporarily more sensitive to the sun.
There are three basic types of chemical peels:
Superficial or Lunchtime Peel: Alpha-hydroxy acid or another mild acid is used to penetrate only the outer layer of skin to gently exfoliate it. The treatment is used to improve the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin as well as to refresh the face, neck, chest or hands.
Medium Peel: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is applied to penetrate the outer and middle layers of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment is used to improve age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, freckles and moderate skin discoloration.
Deep Peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is applied to deeply penetrate the middle layer of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment removes moderate lines, age spots, freckles and shallow scars. A thorough evaluation by a dermatologic surgeon is imperative before embarking upon a chemical peel.
When is a chemical peel appropriate?
Chemical peels are used to treat a number of conditions including:
1. Pigmentation on face or body
4. Fine Wrinkles
8. Aging skin
9. Crow's feet
10. Sagging skin
Who should not opt for chemical peels?
Generally, light-haired and fair skinned people are the best candidates for chemical peel. The procedure does not work as well on dark skinned patients. The procedure is not recommended for individuals with infections, active skin disease, cut or broken skin, or sunburns. Other contraindications include patients who are:
1. Nursing or pregnant.
2. Have taken Accutane in last six months.
3. Have psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis or rosacea.
Temporary change in skin color, particularly for women on birth control pills, who subsequently become pregnant or have a history of brownish facial discoloration.
Changes are transient and easy to take care of if taken care properly.
2. Reactivation of cold sores
3. A variety of chemical treatments can be used to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin.
Depending on the depth of treatment required, your surgeon may choose one of the following peels:
1. Alpha-hydroxy acid peel (AHA)
2. Trichloroacetic acid peel (TCA)
3. Phenol peel
4. Croton oil peel
Aftercare and recovery
Your dermatologist will discuss how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. After surgery, you and your caregiver will receive detailed instructions about your postsurgical care, including information about:
1. Normal symptoms you will experience
2. Potential signs of complications
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.