Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sashim KarmakerYour feedback matters!
I am diagnosed with an enlarged prostrate gland. Due to this I have to urinate frequently thereby causing sleeplessness. This affects my office work and I feel tired. Kindly advice if the same can be brought to normal without any surgery. Thankis.
One of my nipple is shrink and creamy milk comes outt. Other is fine. Kindly suggest what is the reason and will it have any effect in future? What should I need to do?
Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are the swellings of the veins within the rectum which may burst and cause bleeding as well as pain. Ayurveda is known to provide relief from symptoms and with continued use, can also provide long term cures.
Prevention strategies for piles
Ayurveda stresses on leading a healthy lifestyle to minimize the chances of getting piles in the first place. Some of the lifestyle related problems that can lead to piles and thus need to be corrected are as follows:
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle with lack of exercise: This not only causes piles but also leads to other problems like heart disease and hypertension among other problems and thus, it is advisable to incorporate a certain amount of physical activity into your routine.
- Change the diet that can cause constipation and then lead to piles: Eating too much red meat without roughage, fried and processed foods like pizzas and dairy products like cheese, can make the food very sticky resulting in piles from the constriction of bowel movements.
- Sitting on hard surfaces for extended periods of time: If you have been sitting on hard surfaces for a very long time, it may result in piles due to pressure on the nerves of the rectum for extended periods of time.
Ayurvedic Remedies for piles
- Sesame seed paste: Sesame or “til” is a good treatment for bleeding piles when applied externally to the affected area.
- Muli or radish paste: Again, a fine paste made from this vegetable is useful in the case of painful piles which are not bleeding.
- Ayurvedic oils and creams: There are multiple ayurvedic oils and creams which can be very effective in curing or at least controlling piles. However, it is best to go to your nearest ayurvedic doctor for proper steps.
- Bael fruit mixture: An ounce of ripe bael fruit, 180 grams of sugar, black pepper powder in relevant quantities and 7 grams of cardamom powder can be mixed and had twice daily as an effective cure for piles.
- Buttermilk: Butter milk mixed with salt and black pepper in small amounts is known to be a very effective remedy for piles; but has to be consumed on a regular basis for at least a couple of months.
- Hareetaki with jaggery: One of the most popular forms of piles treatments, the fruit peel of harad or hariteeki should be taken with a cup of jaggery every night before bed time to soften stool and also cure piles.
- Radish juice: Extracted radish juice is also know as a great cure for constipation as well as lessening the symptoms of or curing piles.
Meri mummy ki heels bhaut fath rhe hai toh uske liye kya kre ki jldi thik ho jaaye wo jaada tr kaam krti rehti hai khaas krke paani mae.
I was having pimples due to oily skin but now they are gone. But still they have left marks nd pores in the skin. Please suggest some cream or something to remove them.
I'm 30 years old Male, I have black marks (small round marks spread across) on my leg below knee & above ankle.please help .
Hi, I am getting boils on my face for last couple of months , on my cheeks . I have changed my soap also. It becomes very difficult to shave.
I am 20 ears old nd I have blackheads on my nose and I want to remove them completely I have tried some medicines also but they are showing nothing effect on blackheads how to get rid off blackheads. THANKS.
I have dark patches on my buttocks due to acne and lately the area has become itchy and dead skin flakes comes out on scratching, i always maintain my hygiene and kind of embarrass to consult a doctor regarding my problem. Please guide me
Post kidney transplant, most people have a low immunity due to the powerful medications that are prescribed to avoid rejection of the organ. These medications tend to make the patients more prone to infections and hence, following strict dietary guidelines is necessary to avoid any complication. Also, as most people suffering from kidney failure are diabetic, hypertensive or suffer from heart disease, dietary control is mandatory. Moreover, the use of immunosuppressive drugs can increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension or heart disease.
#1: eat a protein rich diet
After a kidney transplant, the body requires more proteins to aid in the healing process and improve immunity. This is the reason, why consuming proteins should not be limited. Also, patients who were previously on dialysis had a lower protein intake, post kidney transplant, the consumption of proteins is recommended to be increased. Here are 6 protein sources for vegetarians.
#2: do not eat raw fruits
Intake of raw fruits is not advised as there is a high risk of infection due to raw food. However, you can eat fruits in stewed form as cooking lowers the active bacterial load, thereby lowering your risk of infection.
#3: include curd in your diet
Curd contains good quality protein, which is required for healing post-transplant, hence, curd should be eaten. As far as sour foods like lime and tamarind are concerned, eating them is also okay. But avoid eating grapes as they are known to interact with immune suppressive drugs and hinder healing of the kidney. Also read about 11 diet do’s and don’ts for people with kidney problems.
#4: you need not avoid fruits/ vegetables with seeds
Foods with seeds like tomato, brinjal, ladies finger, guava, watermelon, etc are considered harmless and can be taken after transplant, provided other biochemical parameters like electrolytes and cholesterol are within normal range. Also, ensure that the level of potassium in the blood is within control. However, if you are suffering from kidney stones, it is better to avoid these foods.
#5: you might need to take protein supplements
People who undergo kidney transplants are recommended protein supplements during the initial stage, however, it varies from person to person. In most cases, post kidney transplant, patients recover their appetite, hence there’s no need for any supplements. However, if the patient feels that his protein intake is not optimal, he can continue taking supplements post-transplant, but only after consulting a nephrologist.
Unlike the common misconception that kidney transplant recipients can eat everything after a transplant, you need to follow a disciplined dietary routine with numerous restrictions, depending upon your overall recovery and health. You can start eating out after three to six months of kidney transplantation, as it is the average time taken for the immuno-suppression to be stable and be at a low level. However, raw food, salads, fruits and foods kept open should be strictly avoided, even in general.