Lybrate.com has top trusted Veterinarians from across India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Saroj Kumar RoyYour feedback matters!
Yesterday 1 truck ran over my pet dog leg which leads to serious damage in its lower limb is there any treatment required to give it to relieve her. Some kind of painkiller so suggest me.
I have a pet of breed german shepherd he is not able to excrete properly his diet is good wht shd i do?
I have a doberman puppy. It's 5 weeks old and I need amputation and ear cropping done. Ear cropping needs to take place within a few weeks. I there any decent vet surgeon that I can approach.
Some tips to remember---
*bathe your pets once in 10 days.
*groom your pets daily.
*do not use dettol/phenolic compounds on their body. It can be allergic.
*don't allow ticks/fleas/mites to thrive on their body.
*for hairy breeds, go for a complete hair-cut in summers.
*for breeds with drooping ears, take special care about ear cleaning.
*never use human soaps & shampoos like dove/clinic plus on dogs body. It can cause allergic dermatitis.
Hello! I had bought an new one and half month old puppy. It was sleeping always and some times only active and not eating well too. Please tell what is the reason for it.
I have a cat accidentally she pour kerosene oil on her on 10 may 2017 till yesterday she was silent but fine but today whole the day she is sleeping not moving only silent and sleeping can not move quickly may be she inhaled kerosene oil please suggest what to do I dnt want my cat to die.
I have a 4 months labrador and now a days he is shedding hairs very much. Please suggest me any medicine to control shedding.
I bought male lab of 2 months . And now I think it is a time for time for his vaccination. Well want to know proper vaccination process and vaccines recommended. Post and pre conditions of my puppy. Side effects please answer in detail.
I have a q regarding my dog's health. he is having vomiting since last 15 days. whatever he eats in next moment he throws out. I gave him digene 1 tbspun in a day as prescribed by his doc nd sporolac powder with food also. he is 2.5 years pomerenian. plz guide me what to do next to improve his health.
Why do people/student torture animals- what drives them?
Can we analaysis and find solution: let try to stop this any more in our life
As we all aware that two animals cruelty incidents happened in tamilnadu, one with the dog and another with an monkey.
Case a, 12 yrs old kid hitting cat with broomstick, their parents brought for an counseling that he has not coutesy for animal and he was killing without any guilt.
Case b, 23 yrs adult was burning a rat alive with kerosine and feeling happy to see that rat die with burn.
And there are many cases which were not recorded and submitted for case discussion.
What typically possesses them to inflict such acts of intentional animal torture and cruelty?
These are because of psychological disorders (such as anti-social/psychopathic personality disorders and engage in deliberate acts of zoosadism), and/or because they have sexually paraphilic disorders (such as crush fetishism in which small animals are crushed for sexual pleasure).
This may be common behaviour among murderers and rapists - those with psychopathic traits characterized by impulsivity, selfishness, and lack of remorse.
Animal torture and cruelty is one of the three adolescent behaviours in what is often referred to the homicidal triad , the other two being persistent bedwetting and obsessive fire-setting. The combination of two or more of these three behaviours increases the risk of homicidal behaviour in adult life.
The behaviours in the homicidal triad are often associated with parental abuse, parental brutality (and witnessing domestic violence), and/or parental neglect.
What we can do:
The best way to prevent it is teaching by example. Parents and teachers are the key and plays very important role.
Pro-social behaviour (action/behaviours intended to help others) by parents and other role models towards animals, such as rescuing spiders in the bath, feeding birds/ants, treating pets as a member of the family,
Schools and colleges can have some pet home in the campus.
These activities or act has the potential to make a positive lasting impression on children.
It's a start, lets all have at least one pet in the home make your son/ daughter to take care of them (pet therapy).
Elayaraja m. Sc, m. Phil, pgdgc, pgdha
Kavithalyaa counseling centre, ambattur, chennai-53.
Hi, My Lab is 8 years old. And now she has started to Limp on her right leg. I dont know if she is in pain. What should i do?
I have 3 year old female Indian dog. She has problem getting up after sitting and has been walking slower than her usual pace. Vet here gave nurokind pet syrup, calcium supplement and bone builder. Yet I don't see any improvement. It has been three days since this started. Please suggest something.
My dog she is 4 year n she is a cross breed of papmareian and street dog she often bites us imspite of being oowner is it normal? And she stays in period for nearly for more than two months and sometimes she get mergi attack where her mouth get stick and she get unconscious couldn't even walk properly
My dog German shepherd age 9 months fully vaccinated female eating mud and clothes of my house and even slippers daily night it's digging mud in pots and having the mid approximately more than 1/2 kg it is eating what's the remedy? Weight is 20-25 kgs.
I have a Golden Retriever puppy of exact 3 months. He has been vaccinated with MEGAVAC-P and also with CANISHOT K5. And also with Sterile diluent and canishot k5 the last vaccine was given on 22/9/16. He was very healthy puppy but on 24/9/16 night he vomited 5 to 6 times and had 2 loose motions. The next morning He had liquid stools ie watery motions with blood in it. I took the puppy to the veterinary doctor. He gave IV Fluids and 3 injections and told me that my puppy has been infected with parvo virus. Though I keep my puppy in hygienic condition inside my home and he is given proper vaccination in time, how can my puppy get parvo. My puppy is fine and I am administering fluids to him instead of regular food. He has not passed any loose motions with blood in stools or he is vomiting. He is very strong and healthy. I am greatly confused but continuing the treatment because I do not want want to take any risk to my puppy. But I want to know whether My puppy has parvo or not? Kindly advise. I am much worried.
Is there any doctor who can consult about my pet dog. If it is than tell me the whole procedure for the vaccination and time period also. Thanks
Summer can mean lots of fun outside with your dog. But when the temps soar, take steps to protect your pet. Whether you take him for a walk down the street, a ride in the car, or just out in the yard to play, the heat can be hard on him. Here's how to keep your furry best friend safe.
1. Never leave your dog in the car. No, not even if you think you’ll only be a few minutes. Even when it isn’t that hot outside, the temp can soar inside a closed car. On an 85-degree day, it can reach 102 F within 10 minutes. And that's with a window cracked. After 30 minutes, it could be up to 120. Leave your dog at home, or go places where he can come with you.
2. Keep your house cool. If Fido’s home alone, make sure he can truly chill. Leave the air conditioner on and close the drapes. If you don't have AC, open the windows and turn on a fan. You may want to try a cooling vest or mat to see if they help.
3. Watch when you exercise. Limit when and how much you do when it's hot and humid. Take walks in the cooler part of the day, in the early morning and evening hours. Carry water, too -- enough for both of you.
4. Check the pavement. Before you head out for a walk, touch the pavement. If it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for your dog's paw pads. Walk on the grass and stay off the asphalt. You also might want to try booties for your dog so his paws don’t burn.
5. Offer plenty of water and shade. Don't leave your pooch alone outside for long. And when he is there, make sure he has shade and lots of fresh, cool water. Add ice cubes when you can. Trees are better than doghouses for shade. They let air flow through. Doghouses can trap the heat and make it worse. Think about a kiddie pool or a sprinkler to help your pal cool off in the yard.Make cool treats. Help your canine chill from the inside out. For puppy popsicles, make ice cubes with tasty treats inside. Or fill and freeze a chew toy to make a chilly snack.
6. Keep an eye on the humidity, too. When the air is full of moisture, your dog may not be able to pant enough to cool himself off. That can raise his temperature, which can lead to heatstroke. Stay inside, and limit exercise, too.
7. Take care of at-risk dogs. Be watchful if you have a snub-nosed pet like a pug or bulldog. Their smaller airways make it harder for them to release heat when they pant. It's also easy for old and overweight dogs, or those with heart and breathing problems, to get heatstroke.
8. Groom your pet. If your dog has long hair, get rid of any mats and tangles. It will help keep him cool. Don't shave or clip his coat before you talk to your vet or groomer. The extra fur that keeps him warm in winter may also keep him cool in summer.
9. Watch for signs of overheating. Your dog can't tell you when he doesn't feel well, so keep an eye out for heatstroke, which can have these symptoms: