Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Santu RoyYour feedback matters!
My mom is a diabetic patient and before 3 months she have pain neck area to arm to palm ,not regular pain but 1 day after 2 day she have Shiver pain what I do.
Hi I am 60 year old. I have right upper & left middle back burning pain. Doctor had advised me to go got physiotherapy. During 1st session of physiotherapy, my physiotherapist had used vibrator on the pain area. After this session, I am having issue with my voice. Should this be a concern? what next should I do?
Hi good morning, I am 39 years old working woman. I am suffering with muscle pains in lower portion of the legs n shoulder muscles. Can I know the problem n Which specialist doctor I need to consult?
I am male age 28 years suffering from knee pains even though going to walking. So please solve the my problem.
I have suffering from backpain even I can not sit and stand my age is 34 and wait is 89. So what I do sir.
Hello doctor. I Just want to know is there any harm in using high (double) pillow. If yes then how could this be avoided. Thanks.
My girlfriend got her periods last month after having a foreplay in which I fingered her two months back. I am doubted that precum has attached to my fingers. But I have touched only her upper parts not much deep. And even holder of my bedsheets and her dress after touching precum. After getting her periods I am bit relaxed but this month she didn't get her periods still. It is 3 days still late and didn't get. I am worried about her. Could she be pregnant or any other reason she got late periods.
I am aged 65 years and my weight is between 100 to 110. All in sudden my left knee muscles become frozen ,bone become straightened feeling and thereby resulting pain in walking. What is this and remedy please.
Foot arch pain is used in broader context for describing pain in bones, ligaments, muscles and nerve on the foot bottom. Slight damage to any of the components in the foot bottom can cause great pain. For starters, the pain lasts for a brief period, but increases over time if the condition is left untreated. Foot arch pain is more commonly witnessed in people over the age of 60 and among athletes engaged in sports of high impact.
The treatment plan of the pain totally depends on the cause. An early and right diagnosis goes a long way in treating the condition faster. For occasional mild to moderate pain, simple solutions such as footwear change can do the trick. Doctors often suggest four simple methods. This starts with rest followed by applying ice and then trying compression and elevation.
Anti-inflammatory medications are used to treat foot arch pain. Cases that are severe in nature can be treated with steroid and anti-inflammatory injections. For extreme cases, cortisol injections are prescribed too. This is done to relieve pain and release plantar fascia. Even stretching exercises are known to give relief from the pain. Some of the recommended exercises during this period are:
- Stretch-related to plantar fascia: This exercise should be performed by crossing the legs at the junction of the knee. The body weight should be rested on the unaffected leg and it should gradually come down to touch the toe. The idea is to stretch the plantar fascia. A set of 20 such movements should be practised on a daily basis. Each movement should last for about 10 seconds.
- Foot flexing: This exercise can be practised before getting out of bed. This is the tie when the pain from the plantar fascia is felt the most. This exercise should be repeated 20 times each lasting for about 10 seconds.
- Rolling stretch: This exercise should be started by sitting in a chair. A tennis ball should be placed under the foot arch and the same should be rolled back and forth for ten times at a time. The same should be repeated with the second foot. Once this posture gets comfortable, the same should be practised by standing on the ball. It is known to be extremely useful for people suffering from foot arch pain.
How to prevent foot arch pain?
1. Wear shoes that are half an inch lose as they will make feel comfortable while walking
2. Losing weight; obese tends to cause pain in the foot arch
3. Performing free hand exercise and simple stretching on a daily basis
4. Not to overuse the foot. People who stand for more than 5-6 hours at stretch on a daily basis are observed to have foot arch pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.