Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santo Karmakar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Santo KarmakarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from frequent Sun tan due to high temperature. It's making my skin complexed. please help me out.
What precautions should be taken in diabetes, How to concentrate my mind, How to prevent ourselves from the heart attack.
If children of one month is vomiting excessively and her weight decreased by one kilo. Then what is the probable cases possible.
Hi, I am 36 years old female suffering from hair loss and thinning, I've got my blood tests and thyroid tests done and all reports are right, I am not diabetic either. Kindly suggest what should I do? I've heard about homeopathic medicine wiswaden 200, will that help?
|HYPOTHYROIDISM / MYXOEDEMA
Hypothyroidism is a clinical condition, which results from deficiency of thyroid hormones.
Hypothyroidism with deposition of mucinous substance in subcutaneous tissues is known as ‘myxoedema`.
|• Primary thyroid gland involvement.
• Lack of pituitary TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).
• Hypothalamic deficiency of TRH (thyrotropin-releasing hormone).
• Autoimmune thyroiditis.
• Severe iodine deficiency.
|SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:|
|• Slowing down of mental and physical functions of the body.
• Easy fatigability and tiredness.
• Body ache.
• Puffiness of face.
• Edema feet.
• Weight gain.
• Increased sensitivity to cold.
• Dryness of skin.
• Brittle nails.
• Hair fall.
• Hoarseness of voice.
• Hearing loss.
• Tendency for repeated infections.
• Muscle cramps.
• Shortness of breath.
• Mood swings.
• Slow speech.
• Menorrhagia (profuse menses).
• Occasionally rise in blood pressure.
• Avoid goitrogens (food that blocks the utilization of iodine): turnips, cabbage, mustard, cassava root, soybeans, peanuts, pine nuts and millets. Cooking usually inactivates goitrogens.
|• Increase consumption of iodine, it is an important building block of thyroid hormone:
meat, milk and milk, sea plants- kelp, dulse (vegetable sea food) and Japanese sea vegetables. Plants grown in iodine rich soils are also good source of iodine.
– Iodized salt is a primary source of iodine.
• Increase consumption of copper, selenium and zinc as these minerals are essential for normal thyroid hormone production and metabolism.
• Foods rich in copper:
– Meat gelatin, eggs, yeast, lamb; pork; pheasant quail; duck; goose; squid; salmon; organ meats.
– Soy and soy products, nuts and seeds, beans, legumes; almonds, broccoli, garlic; bran breads and cereals; sea plants and mushrooms.
– Dried beans - soy beans, lima beans, baked beans, dried peas; lentils; barley.
– Dried fruits including raisins, dates, prunes, avocado, Chocolate.
– Some amount of cooper is obtained from cooking in copper vessels.
• Foods rich in selenium:
– Grains, Brazil nuts, garlic, wheat germ and brewer`s yeast, fish, shellfish, eggs, red meat, chicken and liver.
• Food rich in zinc: Good dietary sources of zinc include seafood (especially oysters), beef, oatmeal, chicken, liver, spinach, nuts and seeds.
– Meat, poultry and milk, shell fish, crab, shrimp and sea plants etc.
– Plant foods are low in zinc, Whole wheat grains provide good amount of zinc.
• Increase consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, one of the PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids), as it also contributes to normal thyroid function: Fish and fish oils provide excellent forms of omega-3s as well as vitamin A, which improves thyroid receptor binding and thyroid hormone activity. Flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, cottonseed oil, maize oil, sesame oil, rich bran oil, ground nut oil, mustard oil and olive oil.
• Increase consumption of proteins - tyrosine, an amino acid is a precursor for making thyroid hormone :
– Milk and milk products, eggs (is the richest source), Flesh food: meat, fish, and poultry.
– Nuts and oilseeds, pulses, cereals.
• Mild to moderate exercise is advisable, exercise stimulates thyroid gland function.
• Practise yoga, helps in increasing tissue sensitivity to thyroid hormone.
• If myxoedema presents with complications like cardiac failure or coma consult your physician immediately. Immediate medical attention is necessary.
Note Blood test empty stomach ,,,,T3 T4 TSH