Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santanu Goswami
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Santanu GoswamiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from agoraphobia what should I do. I am very scared thinking about pani attacks which I feel many times on the roads and in a college also.
I am suffering from Parkinsons disease (Parkinsonism PSP) for the last six years. Initially I had some tremors in the right leg, which has spread to the right hand also. Consequently, my writing became smaller and today I am not able to write anything in length. My voice has also become slurry and since last October I have developed some imbalancing problem also. As a result I can fall backwards while standing. My MRIs are clear. Recently I had TRUDAT scan which says that ' There is an overall relative decrease in 99m Tc trodat uptake in bilateral striata : mild reduction in uptake in the right side and moderate on the left side.' Moreover, I have a tendency of walking on toes. There is hypomimia and altered speech as described above with Myerson's sign positive. May please advise as to how to prevent the falls. I am residing in Delhi.
The psychiatrist prescribed me one medicine that included following ing: benfotiamine (150mg, mecobalamin (1500mcg, alpha lipoic acid (100mg, chromium picolinate (200mcg) & inositol (150mg) for anxiety disorder and strongness of nerves but after taking it for 10 days once a day I observed side effects as mind could not do multiple tasks I want to ask till how much time its effects last and what can be done to reverse the side effects as I have heard that its prescribed to diabetic patients and as I m non diabetic so till how much time its effect will last.
I want to quit smoking and I want to be normal as before smoking and I was smoking 5 cigarette per day. Any problems I will face in future.
Hlo doctor . Actually I hv severe pain in my legs especially knees and toes . Evn I feel pain in my finger . Usually I wen I get up whenever I sleep . Not only that .i feel like my skeleton system is so weak . I feel tired n sleepy all d time . . I get depressed soon . N my face tone is different frm my body . water I apply for betterment I can c no changes . nothing is effecting . Hlp me out doctor .
My Treatment for psychiatry has been going on for 2 years but I am still not OK. And these days my tremors in hand has increased too much due to anxiety and Depress. I was prescribed Propanonal 20 mg bt it is leaving side effect for me like nightmare, illusion.sleep disorder and unconsciousness. Sir if it curable? Specially Essential Tremor?
I want to know how a person can be treated who is afflicted with Alzheimer's disease? What is Alzheimer's disease?
Am depressed as because my weight is 64. And am pregnant so doctor advised me to less weight how could I please send an immediate tip.
For years I have been practicing as a psychotherapist in different parts of the world and what I have noticed is that no matter what kind of relationship or marriage a couple are in, when they end up in my office it's always for the same reason: they want to be happier, healthier and more-connected even though the issues can vary - money, sex, infidelity, in-laws, children etc.
Despite this each relationship is completely subjective and no clear cut rules can be executed on it, yet following certain guidelines may help proceeding happily in a relationship.
If you are struggling in your relationship (and if you are reading this article there is a big chance you are unless you are one of my friends..or both) you might find it helpful to follow some of these ideas:
1. Love yourself - You must love yourself before you can love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy. Accepting yourself fully as you are and showing yourself this same unconditional love will provide protection, healing, and confidence to work on your shortcomings.
2. Adopt a positive lifestyle - There are many different ways in which you can embrace a more positive lifestyle - practice affirmations, express gratitude, meditation, exercise... just find something that helps you unwind and enjoy life. And most importantly - keep doing these things repeatedly.
3. Empathize with your partner - The ability to empathize is what inhibits us from just going through life doing whatever we want, without any regard for others. It is what makes compromise in a relationship possible. If I realize that something I've done has hurt you (because I can empathize with your pain or unhappiness) I will hesitate to do that again.
4. Take responsibility: Don't try to figure out who's right - When couples come for therapy, one or both tend to think that the primary problem is their partner. Both people co-create the climate of the relationship. And both need to do some things differently to create the marriage or relationship they both really want. If your intention is to create a more positive world for yourself and those around you, it's up to you to have the thoughts, moods, and actions that will create that world.
5. Stay connected - When there is distress in the marriage or relationship, one or both usually feel some emotional disconnection. Frequently, sexual passion diminishes as well. (However, sometimes one partner will try to increase frequency of sex in an effort to feel connected.). And often, people will busy themselves with work or kids instead, or do other things to either try to feel connected or to avoid being alone with the person with whom they feel the pain of disconnection
6. Express thoughts, feelings, and wishes - Resentment can build when couples sweep things under the rug, so be vulnerable and don't bury negative feelings, but try to express them in a respectful way.
Opening up to your partner can make you feel vulnerable and exposed, but it is the most important part of an intimate relationship. In Daring Greatly, Dr. Brene Brown defines vulnerability as uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure. Given this definition, the act of loving someone and allowing them to love you may be the ultimate risk. Love is uncertain. It's risky because there are no guarantees and your partner could stop loving you. Exposing your true feelings may mean that you are at a greater risk for being hurt or criticized.
7. Try new things together - Boredom can be a major obstacle to lasting romantic or companionate love.
Psychological research has suggested that couples who experience the most intense love are the ones who enjoy participating in new or challenging 'self-expanding' activities together.
8. Preserve your independence - Dr Perel, in her popular TED talk explains that neediness and caretaking in long-term partnerships - which can easily result from looking to the partnership for safety, security and stability - damper the erotic spark. But if couples can maintain independence and witness each other participating in individual activities at which they're skilled, they can continue to see their partner in an ever-new light.
If after trying the above you are still struggling with your relationship, make sure you go and see a couple therapist.
Two couples talking in one couple's living room...
One says to the other, 'The work being done on your marriage.. are you having it done or are you doing it yourselves?'