Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santanu Goswami
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Santanu GoswamiYour feedback matters!
I have a anxiety problem and stress and memory and concentration problem for last 6 to 7 years. I got tension and shiver to speak when I got calls from company numbers, interview persons and stranger (officials) etc. Sometimes I tremble and shiver and forgot words and forgot what to speak with them. I got phone speaking problem around 15 years back when I call my brothers office, his manager picked the call due to network call disconnected and I need to call several time then that manager scolded me. That time onwards when speaking to strangers or any officials my voice shivers and heart beat raises. I feel so much anxious and feel tension before attending interview face to face or interview call and heart beat raises. Finally cancels my interview or disconnect/switch off my phone with out attending interview. Before interview or travelling feels very anxiety and goto urinate atleat 1 or 2 times and can not eat food. Even when I go to doctor before meeting him feels a lot of tension and forgets my problem which I need to tell even if I rehearse internally several times. I feel lot of fear and gets negative thoughts like if I drive I skids my bike and hurts or gets accident or what if bike brakes down when driving alone etc. Almost every aspect I get negative thoughts. I thinks alot unnecessarily and thinks about why I am think etc without my control. I cannot concentrate and I forgot very easily and unable to memorize my subject answers. Presently I am suffering with tinnitus in left ear for 4 years due to small hole in ear drum and urethral stricture for a year now. I completed my pg in 2010 with 80% score. Since then trying to get a job in software but due to above problems I did not get a job because of not attending interviews or forgetting words/answers in interview. How to deal this problem. Help me.
Have you noticed yourself feeling diminished consistently? Do you find yourself apologizing to your partner even despite being on the receiving end of your lover’s bad behavior? Have you been feeling that your partner takes you for granted and also takes advantage of you? If the answer of the these questions is a ‘YES’ then it establishes that you are dating an emotional manipulator.
Being in a relationship with an emotional manipulator may not only scar you emotionally but also cause severe damage to you in the long run. Here are some warning signs to watch out for:Here are some warning signs to watch out for:
1. Your partner diminishes your feelings: Emotional manipulators are selfish people and are concerned solely about themselves and their desires. They do not care about your feelings and when you try to share some grief or feelings, they may turn you down by saying you are stupid or are over-reacting. Sometimes, their manipulative nature makes you think that they are right. An emotional manipulator also does not apologize and blames you for something, which is actually their fault.
2. Your partner often lets you down: If you get insulted, embarrassed or are made fun of by your partner frequently, especially in public, he or she is likely to be an emotional manipulator. The person is likely to prey on all your insecurities. You may be made fun of in front of your family and friends, by your partner, which crosses the limit of joking. Even if you convey that you are hurt by these actions, they do not change.
3. Your partner blames you for their bad behavior: An emotional manipulator will never take the blame or responsibility of their bad deeds. Instead, they will try to put the entire blame on you with lame justifications. If your partner is an emotional manipulator, it is likely that he or she would ask you over and over about your feelings.
4. Your partner does not explain themselves: Emotional manipulators are likely to hold back their issues and do not bother to explain their actions. Actually, such people do not intend to connect emotionally with you. They will try to impose themselves upon you and feel that they are superior than you. Such people get angry very easily if you cannot manage time for them.
5. Your partner changes ways only after extremities: Emotional manipulators do not care about your feelings and when you are fed up and want to leave, they start overreacting and promise to make positive changes. However, after a while they regain their previous attitude.
The above signs indicate that your partner is an emotional manipulator. If you experience these signs, the best decision is to leave your partner and move on. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!