Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Santanu GoswamiYour feedback matters!
I AM WORKING AS A ADMIN MANAGER - HAVING LOTS OF TETIONS WITH HEAVY BRAIN WORK LOAD.FULL OF STRESS, LITTLE HEAD ACHE ( WEEK) .KINDLY SUGGEST ME, KINDLY HELP ME BY SHOWING A WAY.
I think I am losing my self confidence. I am failing in exams constantly. No one girlwants to be my friend due to which I am depress. What do I do?
My chest looks like female. I'm very much depressed I am afraid to remove my shirts in public places such as rivers, falls etc. Is there any solution to my problem. Plzzzz help me.
The psychiatrist prescribed me one medicine that included following ing: benfotiamine (150mg, mecobalamin (1500mcg, alpha lipoic acid (100mg, chromium picolinate (200mcg) & inositol (150mg) for anxiety disorder and strongness of nerves but after taking it for 10 days once a day I observed side effects as mind could not do multiple tasks I want to ask till how much time its effects last and what can be done to reverse the side effects as I have heard that its prescribed to diabetic patients and as I m non diabetic so till how much time its effect will last.
I give my papers of before before few days and now I am giving my practical I am very depressed about it and feeling very anxiety nervousness and fear what to do?
I have become afraid of class 12 exams. When ever my exams come nearer I suffer from Irritation, frustration, not able to concentrate on studies. Tried many things Bt did not helped. please suggest some thing plz.
One of my family members is showing signs of aggression. It has happened twice. He's been abusing and also physically assaulting his wife and parents. When he's sober, he acts normal but when he gets drunk, he becomes too aggressive and abusive too handle. Next morning, he doesn't show any signs of remorse. Despite the liquor ban in state, somehow he manages to drink. Our family is on the verge of breaking up. Please provide me solution, if available. Thanks in anticipation.
I have stopped taking my anti-depressants. Will my weight be normal again since I have put on a lot of weight since I started with anti-depressants.
Dear doctor, I am 24 years old girl single. May be get married by six months. I have a great gud hearted friend in life. I like him a lot, sometimes I feel like he is more than a friend n he feels the same. But we both never shared this feeling to each other. We became friends in facebook 5 years ago. N we met 3 years ago. I never felt any insecurity with him as he is unique n very very good hearted brave and kind person. To be fair I fell in love with him but I never revealed it to him, though I propose him, he can not marry me right now, he has many responsibilities and ambitions in life. So I dont wanna make him in a trouble as he can think about marriage only after 5 yrs. He is 26 now. Now what my problem is. I recently went to a women's expo from there I got lot of information regarding pregnancy and other girls health issues and also about sex life. On that day I came back to home and shared my day with him, and showed him some pics regarding pregnancy taken at the expo. For the first time we chatted about these kind of things and it made him tempted. After that he started a lit bit flirting with me but I managed him. He became so. Open to me chatting these things in these days and I never restricted him as I like it. But still. We are good friends never crossed the limit. He is now far away from me. We chat on WhatsApp only. Recently He was very depressed and I tried to make him normal. While chatting He asked me to have a hot chat. But to maintain the friendship's beauty I refused it. He said that sexting can make both of us feel relaxed as I too have some depressions in life. But still I refused his request. I really do not want to spoil the beauty of a friendship. But on the other side I want to help him. At least for a one time he is asking to have a hit chat just to relax. I am very much confused doctor. Should I go for it? Or should I not? If I do hot chat with him what are the things I should be careful? Sometimes I feel like it is like cheating my future hubby.(but My friend is also a good guy n I dont feel any kind of insecurities with him. Even I too get tempted to have hot chat with him. What should I do doctor?
I am an ipcc student and its been one year that i have lost motivation and interest for my bcom as well as ipcc exams which are due in copuple of weeks.I cant stand the sight of my commerce books although i love to grab a magazine at first sight.
Chronic health disorders like Schizophrenia affect not only the patient, but also the life of their care givers. Though Schizophrenia can be treated to improve the patient's quality of life, it cannot be cured. Hence, it falls on the care giver's shoulders to watch out for symptoms of this disease and manage the person and their disorder. What should one do in such a case?
- Educate yourself: The first step towards looking after a person with Schizophrenia is to know the symptoms of the disease. With treatment, these may become better or worse so if you notice any change in the symptoms, bring it to your doctors notice at once.
- Reduce stress: Your goal as a schizophrenic person's caregiver should be to give them a calm environment and boost their confidence. Stress has a negative effect on all people and in schizophrenics this effect is much worse. Hence reduce stress and create an effective support system and structured environment for your loved one.
- Do not ask the patient to change 'his reality': When a person is suffering from schizophrenia, you should not force them to change their behaviour and reality, in order to adjust in the society at large. You should rather support the patient to accept his reality, to be at peace, since there is a very strong genetic component involved in its aetiology. Also, it is important that, both the patient and the family in particular should opt for regular counselling sessions.
- Regular exercise: Schizophrenics need not be cooped up in the house all day. Encourage the patient to go outside and exercise regularly. Exercise reduces stress and produces endorphins that make a person feel energized and happy. This should be complemented by a healthy diet. Minimize the amount of carbs and sugar intake and increase the amounts of omega 3 fatty acids in the patient's diet.
- Join a support group: Joining a support group is a very good idea for both the patient and the caregiver. For the patient, this provides a form of social interaction and for the caregiver is a platform to meet people with similar first hand experiences
- Encourage treatment: Convincing a Schizophrenic person to seek treatment can be quite challenging. Suggest treating symptoms of the disorder such as insomnia problem and lack of energy rather than the disease itself to make the patient feel more comfortable. Give the patient options to choose from to make them feel more in control of the situation.
- Monitor medication: Once the treatment has started, ensure that the patient sticks to the prescription. Maintain a regular schedule by using weekly pill boxes and alarms. Also keep an eye on the possible side effects of these medicines. Ensure that your doctor has a complete list of medicines that the patient takes so that there is no chance of medicines interacting negatively with each other.
- Prepare for crisis situations: It is always a good idea to have an emergency plan in place. Keep emergency contact details of all the doctors and therapists at hand along with the address and phone number of the closest hospital. Share your situation with friends and family so that in case of an emergency, they can be relied upon to take care of your children and other dependants.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized psychiatrist and ask a free question.