Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Santanu GangulyYour feedback matters!
Hello sir i am a married I have low stamina and low sperm count may b that's a reason my wife is not getting pregnant. Please help me.
Hi doctors My wife (age 25 yrs) is 60 days pregnant and she is having urinary tract infection and the test showed most of the bacteria as resistant. Antibiotics are not good at this point of time. Is there any safe treatment in Allopathy, Ayurveda or homeopathy . Kindly suggest I want my wife and baby to be safe.
Sir i have regular constipation, stomach always in swallow in shape ..whatever i eat doesn't effect my body health. What should i do ?
The size of the male reproductive has always been a huge topic of discussion. This discussion cannot have a conclusion as two school of thoughts exist, which have their own take on this debate. One set of women/homosexual men believe what matters more than the size, which takes both the length and the girth into consideration, is the technique of a man. The other set of people believe that the size is crucial for an enjoyable and satisfying experience of intercourse and an even better orgasm.
- Some women believe that a longer penis is necessary as it hits the G-spot more easily in between strokes made during the intercourse. However, there is no concrete proof available for this as a lot of women have claimed that if a man is able to last longer and provides more clitoral stimulation, it is sufficient to attain an orgasm.
- A set of women have also condemned the large size of the penis, which said that if a penis is above the average size, it actually hurts during intercourse as the average vagina is approximately 6 inches in size. This set of women has also laid emphasis on the girth as they believe that a wider girth is what maximises pleasure and helps in attaining a more heightened orgasm.
- Distorted perceptions of the ideal penis size along with unrealistic standards set by porn have lured women into believing that there is an ideal size which matters. However, the size of the penis depends on a variety of factors like the country of origin, height of the person, genes etc., which is why, what is considered ideal in India might not be ideal in Rwanda.
- As mentioned earlier, there can never be a solid conclusion to this, but it can be agreed upon that girth matters more than the length and satisfaction during sexual intercourse doesn’t only depend only on the size of the penis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
In today’s time, modern lifestyle certainly has made a living a lot simpler, but it has also invited early death rate.
What does study say?
As per the data made by the National Healthcare Center, it has been found out that over the past few years, the number of death rates is increasing due to heart attack and the prime reason for the same is stress and an unhealthy diet. Often we tend to search online for what things can be done to prevent such early death due to a heart attack. In that case, you have to make up your mind and ensure that the diet regimen, workout session and changes in lifestyle are followed in the right manner.
Preventive measures to reduce risk of a heart attack:
It does not matter what is your current age, looking at the changes that a human is going through with the lifestyle there is no doubt that even young people are prone to this problem.
Here are some important tips that can help you from a heart attack.
- A healthy diet is the best option: Avoid eating junk food, cholesterol based food, or the do no drink much as these slowly reduce your life quality. Cholesterol based or high-fat food increases the risk of heart attack. Junk food is all about taste, and there is nothing healthy included in it. Instead switch to healthy diet plan rich in fibre, vitamins, and minerals that can regulate the body. Choosing healthy meat with the leanest cuts and restricting down the sugar intake will have a good impact on your overall health.
- Workout is another answer for All Your Problem: It is always better that you are physically active so that you can keep the heart rate at a good speed. This will speed up metabolism rate, burn unnecessary calories, and increase the rate of your heart so that you can lose weight at the same time stay active. Besides, physical activities like aerobics and swimming are some high-intensity workout that reduces the risk of heart attack to a great extent. Right from kids to adults above 60 years of age should perform a workout of at least 30 minutes even a walk is fine, but staying physically active is extremely important.
These are just some of the tips that can help you improve your quality of life. Your doctor is your life saver. He is the one who can guide you at every step and help you understand the right way to stay fit and healthy in the long run. Instead of just ignoring the symptoms, if you notice any make sure you speak with your doctor about the same and take necessary preventive measures as advised.
During sex the vagina gets totally dry and penis does not go inside at all which leads to disappointment. What is the reason and what is the cure or treatment? Please help it is spoiling relationship.
A Hernia may be defined as the protrusion of an organ into an adjacent connective tissue or muscle. The protrusion usually occurs through a tear or a weakened area in the muscle (Fascia). Hernia can be an Inguinal Hernia, Umbilical Hernia, Hiatal Hernia or Femoral Hernia. It can also originate from an incision (Incisional Hernia).
The Inguinal Hernia is commonly observed in males. Here, the intestine squeezes through a tear in the abdominal wall into the groin (Inguinal canal). At times, the small intestine bulges through the abdominal wall (weak spot) near the belly button, which results in Umbilical Hernia. In Hiatal Hernia, the upper part of the stomach passes into the chest through the diaphragm, and of all the hernia types, the Inguinal Hernia is the most common.
Severe strain and muscle tear or weakness can result in Hernia. Obesity, chronic constipation, chronic coughing and sneezing, ageing, damage caused by injury, medical conditions like Cystic Fibrosis, contribute to increased incidences of Hernia. In case of Hernia, the affected area tends to protrude or bulge out. If left untreated; Hernia can prove to be detrimental. One needs to consult a physician for proper diagnosis and treatment. Physical examination can help in the diagnosis of Inguinal Hernia. An ultrasound is needed to diagnose Umbilical Hernia. A Barium X -ray or endoscopy can be of great help in the diagnosis of Hiatal Hernia.
The severity of the Hernia depends upon its size. In case the Hernia is rapidly increasing in size, a surgery is needed for the repair. The surgery performed can be open or laparoscopic. In open surgery, Hernia is identified through an incision. Once located, the Hernia is removed from the adjacent tissues. In laparoscopic repair, small incisions are made in the affected region. Through these incisions, specialized instruments are inserted. It is through these instruments that the surgeon visualizes and performs the surgery.
In such repairs, a mesh, held in place by sutures is used as a scaffold. This facilitates the growth of new tissues in the affected person. This technique significantly lowers the chance of a recurrence.
Certain factors must be well addressed, before performing a Hernia operation:
- Hernia operations, laparoscopic in particular, should be performed by experienced surgeons. Inexperienced surgeons will do you more harm than good.
- Laparoscopic Hernia operation should be avoided in case a patient has adhesions from previous surgery.
- Extreme care should be taken while performing a Hernia operation in infants and children.
- In some cases, Hernia surgery might affect or injure the vas deferens in men. This in turn can affect fertility in men.
I am 34 male, suffering from heel pain. When I woke up in the morning and having after some resting position the pain is so much. Some Doctors said its because of Uric acid level high in the blood. My Uric acid level is 7.3 and I am taking the medicine allopurinol 300 mg tablets. And another doctor gave me Meloxicam 15 mg. Is consumption of this medicine will have any side effect on kidneys? Please suggest. I am suffering from this pain more than two years and met with six doctors upto now and not find final solution for the pain. I am having so much difficulty to walk and I have left all the food that contains purines. Uric acid shall be removed by the kidneys right, are my kidneys having problem in functioning to remove excess uric acid from my blood. Shall I have kidney function test? Please help me. I can not take it more. please suggest me which doctor shall I have to meet for the medication.
I am 24 years old female. I will get sweat smell from my body in any season. After bath with in 10minutes the smell will start. I won't have fresh feeling. From the Starting onwards I have this problem. How to get rid of this problem.
Whether you're looking for a quick and healthy staple for breakfast, a snack to get you through the day, or simply a slightly unconventional dinner, eggs can be a nutritious addition to your diet. An inexpensive source of protein, eggs also provide vitamin a, iron and selenium. The way you prepare an egg affects its calorie and fat content, but most of the nutritional value are retained.
A hard-boiled egg is cooked by placing an egg, shell and all, in boiling water for about 14 minutes, or until the yolk and whites are firm. Hard-boiled eggs may be eaten alone, chopped and made into an egg salad or used as a topping on green salads or soups. Fried eggs are prepared by cracking a whole egg into some sort of fat--butter, bacon grease or vegetable oil. The egg may be cooked through by basting it with the fat in the pan, or flipped to brown it on both sides.
Calories and fat
One hard-boiled egg has 77 calories while a fried egg has 90 calories. A hard-boiled egg provides 5 grams of fat, 2 grams of which are saturated. A fried egg cooked in vegetable oil provides 7 grams of fat with 2 grams saturated. Using saturated fat to cook the egg, such as butter or bacon grease, will increase the saturated fat content of the egg as well.
Both egg preparations provide 6 grams of protein. A fried egg is slightly higher in iron, with 5 percent of the recommended dietary allowance, versus 3 percent for a hard-boiled egg, based on a 2, 000-calorie diet. Either egg preparation provides between 2 and 3 percent of the rda for calcium and 10 percent for phosphorus -- two minerals important for healthy bones -- as well as 14 percent for riboflavin and 11 percent for vitamin b-12. Both hard-boiled and fried eggs contain 22 percent of the rda for the trace mineral selenium, which acts as an antioxidant to scavenge disease-causing free radicals.
An egg contains about 210 milligrams of cholesterol, regardless of whether you fry or hard-boil it. The American heart association advices limiting cholesterol intake to 300 mg or less daily. One fried or hard-boiled egg may fit into a heart-healthy diet, if you limit other sources of cholesterol on days you choose to eat a fried or hard-boiled egg.
Hi sir I am 25 year old. I am suffered from head ache problem for some 3-4 months. I am suggested some doctor to this report. But not enough solution to make this.
Hi I'm very depressed because I'm getting marrying soon my problem is when I masturbate means within a second I loose my reaction and even I see porn movies also means it's getting leak and when I touch the penis and start hand job also means my erection will not stand for 1 minute also please suggest me what's the problem.
Cervical cancer occurs in the cervical cells which are present in the lower part of the uterus. It is usually caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) which is transmitted sexually. However, in some cases, the virus may survive for a few years, causing some cells of the cervix to become cancerous.
Cervical cancer is usually classified into two types:
- Adenocarcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the column shaped glandular cells along the lining of the cervix.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Most cases of cervical cancer are of this type. Here, the cancer occurs in the flat and thin cells that are present in the outer region of the cervix.
Symptoms: Usually, very few symptoms show up in the initial stages. However, the latter stages tell a different story. The symptoms at an advanced stage are:
- You may experience pain during sexual intercourse
- Foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Bleeding from the vagina during sexual intercourse
Causes: Cervical cancer develops due to the mutation of healthy cells which makes turns them into malignant (cancerous) cells. The cancerous cells tend to grow at a fast pace, thus accumulating and forming a tumor. The cancerous cells may also spread to the adjoining areas of the body.
There are certain factors which increase your chances of being affected by cervical cancer:
- Too many sexual partners: The chances of cervical cancer increase significantly if you have multiple sexual partners.
- A weak immune system: A weak immune system makes you highly susceptible to cervical cancer.
- Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors such as smoking can increase your risk of cervical cancer.
The treatment for cervical cancer involves the following:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves injecting chemicals into the vein to destroy the cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy consists of using x-rays to destroy the cancer cells. Radiation therapy may be used alongside chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells.
- Surgery: Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that is used in the treatment of cervical cancer. It involves removal of the uterus to treat this disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.