Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santanu Ganguly
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Santanu GangulyYour feedback matters!
The food you eat plays an important role in your gastrointestinal health. Some foods can be difficult to digest and lead to bloating (learn more about Foods That Bloat Your Belly) and heartburn while others increase the healthy bacteria in your gut and make digestion easier.
Here are ten things you should include in your diet for a healthy digestive system:
- Bananas: Bananas help regulate bowel movements and help bind food waste together thus helping with irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea. They also help restore the electrolyte and potassium balance in the stomach.
- Oats: Oats are rich in fiber and low in calories. It is also a rich source of phosphorus, vitamin E and Zinc. Oats helps with the proper functioning of the digestive system and the extraction of waste.
- Curd: Curd rice is the most well known home remedy for an upset stomach. Curd is a rich source of probiotics that helps restore the balance of healthy gut bacteria and eases digestion.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is an excellent substitute for normal cooking oil or butter. Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties and fatty acids that ease the digestive system and boost immunity and energy levels.
- Lentils: Lentils are rich in prebiotics and fiber. These prebiotics promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria and prevent harmful bacteria from causing stomach infections.
- Ginger: Herbs and spices are very helpful with digestion. Amongst these, ginger is foremost. It can be used to treat a number of stomach infections such as bloating, nausea and diarrhea. Ginger also helps speed up the movement of food from the stomach to the intestines.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are rich in fiber and probiotics. While beetroots help relieve constipation, sweet potatoes help treat ulcers and bowel problems. Other vegetables that aid digestion include cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots.
- Brown rice: A certain amount of carbohydrates are essential for a well balanced diet. Brown rice has a high calorific value but is less fattening. Brown rice helps food move smoothly through the digestive system and hence promotes regularity.
- Peppermint: Peppermint helps ease indigestion and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Peppermint can be had on its own as a flavoring agent in salads and on fruits or taken as a supplement.
- Water: Water is crucial to healthy digestion. It helps smooth the movement of food through the digestive system and out of the bowels. Inadequate water is one of the most common causes of constipation. Ideally, you should have a minimum of 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
Hello sir my ek overflow incontinence patient hun aur mera treatment chalraha hai 3 months pehle botox dalwa ya tha phir bhi urine leak horaha hai please help me.
I'm 22 female. I have anemia hb is 8. Tho I eat well and drink natural beverages and eat all possible vegetables n fruits. Carbs. I'm 51kg. I was on iron supplements such ferroglbine. Multi vit. B12. But still not useful. Have headache in behind my neck. And fell weakness. Help me out plz?
If we have erectile dysfunction can we get morning wood. Can erectile dysfunction can be cured or not.
The Polymorph reading in my DLC of Blood is 74 against the maximum of 70. Also the TLC reading is 3500 against the normal rate of 4000 & above Please advise me how to overcome these deficiency?
Skin on the penis is not pulling down he is 18 years above and the skin is stitched with the penis head. Can he had to face problem while sex?
Sir I had HIV negative after 90 days, but I was got swollen gland on my right side neck, I was stress last 90 days and also I have lot of burb, Can I tell is this thing is related by stress and health anxiety,
I do not know what happened to me but I feel all my penis veins are stretching themselves. This thing happen in only when penis is not erect and also after 2-3 masturbation in. A week I already stop masturbation for about two months and after 2-3 masturbation this thing starts slowly and now I cannot bear this negative scrotum report and urine and blood test please HELP ME.
My father colored his hair and took a shower after few minutes his skin turned red and started itching in few seconds rashes occurred on the body Symptoms - vomiting sensation ,skin burning His age is around 48 Please kindly reply for my question and suggestions.
Dear sir my problem is that when I eat something sour things like lemon, tomato, orange, curd…… my nose get closed and I don't take free breath through nose and water is starting to flow through ears. Sir please tell me what I have to do that is your most kindness.
I am suffering from left ankle pain, it pains a lot while walking but I don't know where exactly the pain exists. Is there any exercise for this or should I get any treatment? please help me.
I am 28 years I have suffered with an differently problem my problem is my testis is swallowed and also feel pain but when I have sexed with my wife there is no problem with me sir I have consult with my near doctor they tell me you have operate it by surgery but sir I did not understand with this problem is well when I participate in sex and when I have not participate in sex 03 or 04 days the pain and swelling appears in my testis sir tell me my real problem what is this please replies through my mobile no or my e-mail id I have suffered with a severe problem please ples ples replies.
Whenever I ate something, I have feeling for going to bathroom. I am having this problem from last 15 days and also I have heavy gastric when I wake up in the morning. I have taken again, drink honey-water in morning, also taken lemoform but still have same problem.
I am currently pregnant and getting cold very frequently. Is having citrozen suggestible during pregnancy? And how frequently can I have these tablets as I am getting cold at least once a week? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Hii sir. I'm 23 years old and I have digestion problem if I ate fried rices acidity happens and stomach ache.
Cuts and bruises, which you may get from a wide variety of sources, is one of the most commonly overlooked issues that many of you face on a regular basis. Cuts and grazes can be treated easily with homeopathy.
There are many great homeopathic remedies, which deal with pain, inflammation and the general healing process. Here they are.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy when you have a bruise on your body. It helps reduce the swelling as well as the pain, in whichever part of the body you have swelling on. However, it is worth noting that Arnica does not help much with muscle pain.
- Hypericum: It is worth note that arnica works best on parts of the body which do not have as many nerve endings. For example, the legs and arms are excellent places to administer arnica and it works very well there. However, it is worth note that arnica is not as good with parts of the body which have many nerve endings. This is where Hypericum comes in. Bruises to the fingers, toes and spinal cord heal better with Hypericum than they do with arnica.
- Calendula: Calendula is a medicine, which can be applied as a tincture. A tincture is when a medicine is dissolved in alcohol. Apart from a tincture, Calendula can also be used as a cream, spray or gel. It can heal shallow cuts very rapidly in all of these forms.
- Millefolium: Millefolium is the best homeopathic remedy when there is excessive bleeding and the wound is not clotting properly.
- Staphisagria: This is another medicine used for cuts. However, it is worth noting that Staphisagria is a very good medicine when it comes to treating cuts which are deep or have a stinging sensation.
Related Tip: "Wounds Vs Bruises"
I am 60 years old person having acidity palpation erectile dysfunction fear etc what to do I am not having bp or sugar.
Homeopathy as a branch of medicine has evolved drastically over the years. Unlike others, homeopathy's greatest advantage is its complete lack of side effects and its ability to treat a myriad of diseases and ailments. One of the most common causes of concern for most people is a nagging perpetual headache. Over the years, homeopathy has developed various medicines to confront and treat different kinds of headaches.
Some of the different kinds of headaches and homeopathic remedies associated with them are:
- Throbbing and excruciating pain in the head: In case you are suffering from constant throbbing (or excruciating) pain with the agony occurring mostly in the front and right side of the head, Belladona is the most trusted medicine you must go for. Belladona works wonders in treating shooting pains that mostly aggravate through the course of the day. One of the most important advantages of Belladona is its ability to relieve you of the pain for a long time, with very less chance of any recurrence.
- Headache as a result of hangover or problems in digestion: Consumption of excessive alcohol or problems in digestion and constipation also contribute to a throbbing headache located mostly over one of the eyes. In such a scenario, the homeopathic medicine called Nux Vomica is extremely effective. This treats the headache emerging from the host of issues and also alleviates the lingering sensation of nausea and giddiness that are often accompanied with the pain.
- Severe headaches that result in vomiting: Sometimes, the pain may be located on the top of the head with its severity increasing with the advancement of the day. In case you are suffering from such a headache, chances are vomiting may follow as a result of the intensity. In such a situation, a medicine called Sanguinaria should be administered. The medicine works best if you lie down after having it.
- Headache emerging from partial blindness: Headaches and vision are inextricably related. Therefore, in case you are suffering from partial blindness or any other visual disorder, chances are that a severe headache will soon follow suit. In such a situation, you could also suffer from nausea and tendencies of vomiting. The homeopathic medicine called Iris is extremely beneficial in reducing the intensity of such headaches. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.