Lybrate.com has top trusted Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists from across India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
I am having headache and I have try several medicines and I am 40 years old what to do and also I have sinus problem so please advise me what to do.
Last year my wife got chicken pox after getting the chicken pox well, We saw that her throat has a swelling on the left side, then we went to a thyroid Dr. He told that it a thyroid nodule and it occurs due to iodine deficiency, lot of fluid was gathered in her throat and he said that there is no permanent treatment for this besides getting the fluid out by a treatment after every 6 months. So I want to know that is there any treatment for this? And why it occurred after chicken pox? Do we consult to a ENT Dr. Pls help because that is appearing again and looking very bad on her neck. We got some test done including Anacin and it was cystic colloid nodule. Do we have to get surgery done? What could be the amount of surgery?
I am 24 years old. Last 2 weeks I felt like a bulgy in middle ear. Please let me know how to resolve it.
My throat is jammed from last 2 months. It becomes worst after sleep in the morning. My voice is being affected. What should I do?
Child 11 year old, having ear pain now & then and slight low hearing. Clinical history- was admitted and treated for loose motion in a hospital for a week when was under 1 year age. He was having more wax discharge till last 2 year. He is also having slightly conductive hearing loss. He was treated for the same for six month in 2012. Now wax is reduced. But ear pain is there , more in right ear.
Dear sir I am 23 years old am affected by throat infection and cough in past 3 days pls tell me what type of medicine recommended for me, already I take b complex and erithromycine and benadryl cough syrup it's not cure my problem pls help me sir.
I am suffering from throat irritation which accompany's with occasional coughing may 2 or 3 times a day. This is continuing for almost a month. I have a severe pain in my elbow as well and sometimes behind my right side of the neck like a strain in nerve. Pls advice what to do.
I am 28 years old. After I get up in the morning, I face constant sneezing up to my bath. After bath my health is purely fine, no sneezing till the next morning. normally I have no health issues. I didn't have fever since 5 or 6 years. Just affect with little cold when weather changes. Even I rarely have headache.
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly reported in children. Most of these infections are caused by the blockage of the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
1. Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. Collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
2. Redness and swelling: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
3. Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
5. Difficulty in sleeping.
6. In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
7. The patient might also experience increased irritability.
8. Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
1. Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
2. After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
3. In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done.
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children.
For further queries; we'd be happy to help!
Hi doc. My son is 3 years old. Always telling mom sputum in my throat. N always tries to swallow it. So much problem that he is nt able to sleep at night. No cough. please suggest Urgent.
From the last 3, 4 years when ever I clean my ears the wax has some foul smell and most of the times it's dry. I had even consulted an ENT specialist who gave me some ear drops and said it's because of infection in ear. The effect of the drops only lasted for 3, 4 months. I am still having the problem of dry wax and foul smell Please help.
Acute sinusitis is a type of infection of the sinus. It involves an infection or inflammation of your sinus membranes. The most common symptom of sinusitis is that you have trouble draining mucus from your nose. The sinus is the cavity around the nasal passage and it may swell up when this condition occurs. Usually, the symptoms are temporary. However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis,medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc.