Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjukta SarkerYour feedback matters!
Good health is a big issue in our sedentary lifestyles and whenever a person thinks about getting back in shape, the key areas he/she focuses on is nutrition and exercise. However, there are a number of other areas which are deeply linked to our general well-being and these are often overlooked. Here are the four additional health areas which play an important role in keeping you fit and healthy:
1. Effective Stress Management
A majority of people believe that their daily exercise regime also simultaneously acts as their stress buster. However, exercise only stimulates the sympathetic nervous system of the brain. In order to elicit a response from the parasympathetic nervous system; you need to indulge in certain relaxing activities such as meditation, listening to music, yoga etc.
2. Healthy Sleep Pattern
Maintaining a healthy sleep pattern is a must, as sleep deprivation greatly alters your hormones and results in an increased caloric intake. It has been proven to alter the hormones ghrelin and leptin, which ultimately leads to obesity. Moreover, prolonged exposure to artificial light hinders the functioning of the scn (suprachiasmatic nucleus); the part of brain responsible for maintaining a 24-hour cycle for the hormones of your body.
3. Building Social Relationships
Meeting friends and family regularly, chatting with them and spending time with them is as important as exercising or having a proper diet. The release of oxytocin, an immunoregulatory hormone, has been linked to social interactions.
4. Adequate Dose of Vitamin D
Although it is well-known that vitamin d helps build immunity against certain diseases such as cancer, heart problems and osteoporosis; it has been found that it may also play an important role in controlling our dietary habits. Research has shown that vitamin d regulates your consumption of food by acting as an energy homeostatic hormone present in the hypothalamus.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hi Doctor, I am 30 years old female. I am having severe endometriosis since 2006. I had 2 laparoscopic surgeries in 2006 and 2009 for left ovary. Now again endometriosis appeared right ovary and AMH level is 1.75. Fertility doctors suggesting to me go for Donor IVF. Please can you suggest me is there any other possibilities without IVF.
I wanted to know dat during menopause do ladies gain weight. And also wat other problems do dey face.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 28th February and after 3 hours she took Unwanted 72 pill after that day she complained about headache and also her period were delayed and she had 3rd of march as a period date but she still not conceive her period and today is 4th march and suddenly she complaint about vomiting today she had vomited 4 times in morning. What can I do now? please help me.
I'm suffering from diabetes and high cholesterol and have developed frozen shoulders in both my arms. I have polycystic ovaries I'm obese.
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
This is about my wife, she is 34 years and around 68 Kgs. She has gained weight drastically in the last 1 year. She started gaining weight after delivering the baby. In the last 1 year, she had baby abort pills to get rid of unwanted pregnancy. I want to understand the reason for this weight gain and how to get rid of this excess weight.
Hello doctors, I'm 11 weeks and 5 days pregnant today according to my ovulation date but gestational age is 4-5 less. I feel hungry all the time. Even after having meals I feel like I had nothing and wants to eat something. I continuously desires of eating something. This is my first trimester why I am hungry all the time?
Dear doctor it is true that after sex women should not pee for 3 hrs if they pee they will not get pregnant.
I have PCOD, I take Diane35 as medication. I recently gained weight, I was 65 and now I am 90 kilos. I am 21 years old. I have lost weight in the past. BUT some how I am unable to loose any weight this time. I have tried everything, from metformin tablets to swimming and excessive exercise over the past one year ... is there something else that COULD help me in my condition. I have a friend in USA, who had PCOD, but she said that she took an injection which helped her loose weight and now there are no cysts in her ovary.. is that possible ? Please help !
I had a sex with my bf 2 month back .I take unwanted within 12 hours and now my date is not coming from 2 month .I had check urine home pregnancy test 2 times and it shows negative .now what I have to do .is I have to go for ultrasound .or if I go for a lower abdomen ultrasound is pregnancy is visible in it.
Hi After taking Antibiotics for Urinary Tract Infection. I developed a severe itching on the inside and outside of my vulva and vagina. What should I do? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have a strong feeling this has been caused by the Antibiotic. Please help.
It is important to have a healthy diet and proper nutrition for women while pregnant in order to keep themselves and their unborn baby healthy. Prenatal nutrition focuses upon the nutrition of the mother before and during pregnancy. It affects the birth weight and development of the infants. The foods that pregnant women need during their pregnancy for themselves and their child’s health are as follows
- They should have oranges and its juice as much as possible. It is rich in Vitamin C and folic acid. It also contains potassium which lowers one’s blood pressure, which might be one of the key concerns during pregnancy. Foods containing folic acid should be taken right before conception and in the early weeks of pregnancy to avoid the birth defects of the baby in its brain and spinal cord. Other sources of folic acid include green leafy vegetables, beans, peanuts, asparagus, peas and other enriched grain products.
- Having yogurt helps pregnant women. It contains protein and more calcium than milk. It also serves to reduce the risk of having yeast infections.
- Broccoli is also a good source of calcium (for healthy bone) and is rich in vitamin C, foliate and Vitamin B6.
- Beans and lentils are rich in iron (for healthy blood) and proteins are highly needed for the health of both the pregnant woman and her off-spring.
- Figs, whether fresh or dried up, contains more fiber than other vegetables along with plenty of potassium, calcium and iron.
- A healthy diet plan for a pregnant for the well-being of both herself and her unborn baby per day is as follows-
- 6 to 11 servings of grains.
- 3 to 5 servings of diet rich in vegetables.
- 2 to 4 servings of diet with fruits.
- 4 to 6 servings of diet containing milk.
- 3 to 4 servings of meat and foods containing proteins.
- 6 to 8 glasses of water, fruit juice and milk.
- Limiting the consumption of fatty foods and sweets.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.