Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjukta GangulyYour feedback matters!
During summer I have lot of itching between the two legs particularly at the junction and at the hip skin. I feel sweet itching and then there is black pigmentation and erosion type skin. Kindly advice the home remedy and good medicament. My son who is 16 year has frequent mouth ulcer. It remain for 5 to 6 days. I am giving him Multi vitamin and vyzilac, kindly advice home remedy and good medicament. He has just relieved from 12th std exams and got 98%. He is entering into the field of medicine in near future.
Hii doctor. I got wrinkled, red, painful tongue last night from sides. And it is troubling me like hell. I am nt able to eat or talk.
My son is 3 years 7 months, his last tooth is paining him alot, is there any medicine to relief the pain.
What should I take care after my teeth scaling done? I have done my teeth scaling and polishing today.
Suddenly I got pain on my right side teeth upper skin, I asked a dentist and he told me that there is a infection and this is the reason for pain and swelling, he prescribed some antibiotics for me to take which are -: 1. Amoxyclav 625 for 3 days (2 per day) 2. Hifenac P for 3 days (2 per day) Just want to know, is there any side effect of this medicine or not? And can I take these and complete the course. Please suggest.
Wisdom tooth eruption most often leads to little pain and discomfort. If you suffer such problem, prefer to go to a dentist to know the position of the tooth. They are mostly tilted or remain inside. They never help in chewing. So we suggest to extract it to prevent any damage to the adjacent tooth due to it.
My age is 56 years old. But I am chewing tobacco may be due to excessive stress on my job. Of course I never squalled the content of the. I know it is not good to use any form of tobacco. I am trying to give up the habit. Sometime mouth ulcer type of things happen. When some gel is used it goes. Please advice what should be done.
My gums have swollen on area where there is a little toothache. Swelling is big in that area. What should I do? Should I take antibiotics to reduce bacterial infection to cure swelling.
Gum related Question: Blood found gums after mouth is dry for 3-4 hrs or when you are gargle at night & spit the water, it is reddish in colur. This is not evertime ? Pl advice what is the issue? is it related to deficiency of vitamins or purely case of weak gums?
I use to have pan regularly until two days before and stopped as my gums started aching, please suggest a remedy to cure them.
I consulted to a Dentist and he said I am suffering through Gingivitis. He just cleaned my teeth and gums and while doing it, he said my gums are clean and he don't see any reason for its cause. My gums still bleed while brushing and sometimes when I wake up.
I am suffering from teeth problem my lower teeth is formed hole which is very pain what I have to do.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.