Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjukta Ganguly
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjukta GangulyYour feedback matters!
I am 42 years male, I have gap in upper side of my teeth, can I able to correct my teeth at this stage.
My tooth is little bit out nd not in regular order. I want to know tha does braces will work easily? How may time braces will take to straighten my tooth in regular order?
I am suffering from mouth pain. When I open my jaws then it's hurt me or pain me. So please help me what should I do to over come it?
I want to remove two teeth and set four teeth in place of two. Approximately how much cost is required for it.
I took tobacco and cigarette for 3 years. How long will it take to recover the damage done by this things? How long will it stay in my body?
Sir I am 24 year old my mouth small open but gutka eat but kuch tablet bataye jisse my mouth full open.
Severe tooth ache due to cavities I have taken ketorol dt and antibiotic for 2 days but no use pls suggest better medicine with immediate relief.
5 foods you didn't know were ruining your teeth
Brushing is not the only way to keep your teeth free from damage. To have perfectly healthy and sparkly teeth, you should avoid certain foods as well, especially those high in sugar and acid content.
Fruits rich in sucrose (such as cherries, mangoes and pears) are like food to the bacteria in your mouth. These bacteria give rise to plaque build-up; and produce lactic acid, which causes the erosion of your tooth enamel.
As for foods containing acid (like meat, cashew nuts and peanuts), their acidic content is chiefly responsible for tooth decay. In fact, these foods eat away at your enamel and cause your teeth to chip and break.
Which are the foods that spell danger for your teeth?
1. Apples: sadly, an apple a day doesn't keep the dentist away. Apples have high acidic content and are very harsh on your enamel. Remember to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water just after having apples.
2. Pickles: pickles are either made of sugar or vinegar and can be sweet and sour, depending on what's used. While the vegetables and fruits used in these pickles may do you good, it's the brine that brings about tooth decay. Make sure to brush your teeth after an hour of having pickles to prevent any sort of damage.
3. Bread: processed white bread that you have at breakfast every morning is loaded with sugar. It's quite sticky as well and easily gets lodged between your teeth, giving rise to cavities.
4. Popcorn: working in the same way as bread, popcorn can get easily stuck in the lines between your teeth, leading to a rise in the level of bacteria in your mouth. You can indulge yourself in a bit of popcorn as long as you floss and brush after an hour or two of eating it.
5. Diet sodas: just because sodas contain no added sugar doesn't mean they are healthy for your teeth. The acidity of diet sodas is very high, making it one of the worst things out there for your teeth. The only thing you can do is to cut down your consumption of diet sodas.
I have a peculiar irritation and sometimes burning in my mouth, I eat only dhal and rice, no spices, no fruits and sometimes some vegs. Also beacause I cannot eat due to irritation. I an 57 yrs and not a diabetic. I have two kids both married and settled sometimes I gargle my mouth with antacid as adviced. It gives some relief for a short time. Please Help me to get out of irritation and help me to lead a normal life.
Hello sir, I am 21 year old belongs to bhopal. I am a male. I have a problem with my mouth. Its giving smell badly when I talk to other. My friend always complain me for this smell so what should I do for removing this type of smells please give me some advice.
I am 21 year old, my front teeth broken when I was 11 year old, now it got blackish in color and I get little pain sometimes. Is there any solution so that my half broken teeth become strengthen and white in colour.
Hi sir/madam i'm 26 years old last week my tooth to much pain so I removed my tooth and I took the tablets. Now i'm suffering little pain and light headache please give me suggestions.
I have some ulcers in mouth they are about 3 since three days i'm unable to eat, my dad said it is due to vitamin deficiency can you please help me.
I have undergone a surgery and my teeth was removed and stitches were made after surgery ,which had taken 3 months time to dissolve ,but what I think is that within these 3 months the hole which carries teeth will be closed ,so is there any possibility to keep artificial teeth at that place, if possible they make hole and keep the teeth or other way.
Mere last daat ke masude mein sujan hai jisse gaal bhi infected ho gya hai Aesa eka baar pehle bhi hua tha but khud se thikho gya ab is wjh se pure left face mein drd hai Suggest kijiye kaise thik hoga?
My teeth are pale and constantly it's bleeding from my gums ,give me some medical advice from your end.
Possible causes include:
• Tooth decay (cavities)
• Fractured teeth
• Worn fillings
• Gum disease
• Worn tooth enamel
• Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns (the part above the gum line )of your teeth. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
• Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
• Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
• A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
• Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
• Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, your dentist may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.
Proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing sensitive-tooth pain. Ask your dentist if you have any questions about your daily oral hygiene routine or concerns about tooth sensitivity.