Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I feel sleepy all the time. I have problems in remembering things. There have been ocassions when I did not know what to fill in the column called name. What do I do?
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss about this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help.
Hi Sir, My age is 24. I am suffering from severe anxiety for 2 years (almost everyday) but from last week I am seeing some changes in my brain like some type of blueness. I am so worried what happened to my brain. Please help me out of these.
Am a driver am doing sitting job. Very long time I am having back pain. How can relief from back pain. Same time am a smoker past 7 years I am smoking regularly. Now I want to stop the smoking. Pls advice me.
Me 28 year mera gussa bhut jada baadjata hai maar ne ka man kar jata hai to mujhe kya karna chiye please tell me meri ek bachi hai or husband or meri love marriege hai.
I am 62 years old. Seems more than my actual age and it happens within a year, when I observed that my sons want my own earned property in their names and they started started not only abusing and threatening me to do that. My wife also supporting them under pressure. Now I have lost my courage and confidence, left the place and facing unsecured future. Anxiety is on peak, insomnia and constipation also makes trouble. Fear of death or fear of greedy people makes me weak. Always wanted to sleep. Please advice me medicines, so as to get good rather pleasure feeling, take sound sleep and get inspired to involve in the work. I am getting no hand to assist me. I want to do something for the needy ones but find no courage to proceed.
I hv been using clofranil 10 mg half a tablet for last 4 years, to control anxiety, can I stop using it now.
This question is about a behavioural issue - procrastination. Anything I have to do that will take time and thought I procrastinate. The very easy ones that does not need a thought, I do fast and quick. Basically I don't plan for anything at all and wait for the last moment to take actions. Due to this of late I have been missing on some personal and organizational deadlines which makes me think that procrastination is now baked into my character. Could you advise how can I go about getting courage to do planning and finish off the tough tasks at the earliest time possible?
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.
How can we increase our concentration power and how to make our thinking positive? My exams are there and I want to increase my concentration in my studies.
I am 30 of a male suffering from generalized anxiety disorder facing symptoms like severe numbness in head, world seems dreamy dreamy, fear in public, foggy and distorted vision always thinking how I ll cum out of this. Please help since 2 years I am having this. Should I go for mri of brain and citiscan maybe blood is not circulating in brain properly in anxiety. Ans in anxiety head some parts bcum numb. Please suggest. One doctor has suggested me to take vitcofol 2 cc every alternate days please tell vitcofol 2 cc reduces anxiety symptoms.
One of my friends bf wants to do sex with her. But she do not want to do it before their marriage. Thats the reason their relationship are in a very bad condition. Her bf always upset .he starts ignoring her. What she can do .to save their relationship.& she is virgin too. So she is little bit scared to do sex. Suggest some solution.
For most of life, nothing wonderful happens. If you don't enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are that you are not going to be very happy.
If someoneone bases his happiness or unhappiness on major events like a great new job, huge amounts of money, a flawlessly happy marriage or a trip to paris, that person isn't going to be happy much of the time. If, on the other hand, happiness dpends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness.
My wife is 50 years old. What she thinks every time we are unable to know? Her attitude is tense all the time. What should do?
Exercise does more than anything known to medical science to ensure a fit, healthy and happy life.
The benefits include
improved physical appearance
improved general health
improved outlook for longevity
Regular exercise enhances health by improving cardiovascular functioning, bone density, and immune functioning.
People who are physically active are much less likely to suffer from heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, osteoporosis, obesity, back problems and colon cancer. They are more likely to experience a stronger sense of wellbeing and exhibit better health-related factors such as body composition, glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity. Physical activity also increases high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ("good" cholesterol) and reduces triglyceride (the chief constituent of fats) levels and blood pressure.
Ten Essentials of Exercise Rehabilitation
Research evidence over the last ten years has shown that exercise is also central in the treatment of musculoskeletal and chronic pain conditions. More recent physiotherapy research shows the following ten principles are vital to ensure safe and durable return to normal function
No pain allowed
Correct and monitor posture
Focus on the sensory input
Don't brace and breathe normally
Pre-activate target muscle groups
High quality better than high repetitions
Controlled movement, not jerky
Vary the exercises