Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjay Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay GuptaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 7 month old her neck is not stable she is not crawling cannot sit in her own she doesn't like tummy time I am worry please help.
My son 10 years old has a stomach ache in right side. Because he pulled a heavy log yesterday'what can I do.
Hello Doctor my Daughter is 13 month old, she wake-up in night around 2-2.30 daily and start weeping loudly, did not drink milk and water, just crying and screaming. I have checked everything gas, ear, potty, stomach and did find that where is the problem, why she cry daily for hours in mid night. Please suggest me something what to do.
I have daughter she is thirteen years old she has the habit of getting up in the night when she is asleep every one or two hours .I just want to know the cure for her restless sleep.
I breastfeed my son for 10 months nd milk was, very less. And now after quiting breastfeeding my breast is very small nd loose. What to do?
My son is 7 years old and having mild ADHD, he has concentration problem in his study. Doctor has prescribed him 10 mg axepta for 10 days and now he has increased his dosage to 18 mg, my question is how long my child have to take this medicine or it will continue for long life. Is there any negative impact on body in future. Please advice I'm worried by reading few negative reviews online about axepta.
My son is weak but he is active age 7 years height 4 ft weight 19 kg, Pls suggest for him, now sometime he feels pain in stomach.
My son 8 Months old, he is not taking milk and having the tendency of vomiting since birth. What should I do and prescribe the medications.
Infancy is the most significant phase, where a new born gets the fullest exposure to new world, developing distinct relationship with the people and food. Infants tiny digestive system is still under progress and a special heed should be paid to ensure infants overall development isn’t hampered .New mums are often apprehensive about what should they feed to their tiny tots. As every mother wants the best for her newborn, below is a special guideline, that will help anxious mums to make the wise choices and disregard certain food items in the first year of child’s life.
Foods which can wait till the baby's first birthday:
- Honey: – Honey in any form (raw,organic,cooked) should be strictly prohibited during infancy phase,there are chances of infant getting caught with ‘Infant Botulinum’ toxicity. The presence of Clostridium Botulinum in honey can be dreadful and an infant can show persistent symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea. It can be life threatening. It is better honey is introduced in infants diet after 1st year.
- Salt and sugar: – Salt and sugar are a big no to be introduced during infancy. Making salt and sugar a part of every meal can affect infants taste and could lead to potential health issues. Sugar sweetened beverages can be a potential of developing childhood obesity.
- Hard candies and foods: – Candies, fruits and vegetable sticks in direct form can pose infant on higher risk of choking. It is better off avoided during infancy.
- Cow’s milk: – Introducing cow’s milk during infancy can increase the renal load on infants developing kidneys and can also make the growing child at risk of becoming anaemic in near future.
- Fruit juice: – Fruit juices usually do not impart and may contribute adverse complications like obesity,over and undernutrition, abdominal distention etc. It should only be introduced under recommendation.
- Wheat: – One of the most common allergen, wheat should be introduced in the diet after child’s first birthday. Wheat can tax infants developing digestive system and is usually digested with difficulty. Rice is however a better choice.
- Eggs, fish, Treenuts: – Apart from being the potential allergens, it is better to refrain from these food items during infancy, as they can put an infant at the risk of choking. It is better to introduce them later.
It is important to start with natural purees and make sure the quantity and the consistency is gradually increased based on the preference of the child, tolerability and the nutritional aspect. The above food list will help the caregiver or mother to make smart and safe choices.