Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandip Sankar Ghosh
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip Sankar GhoshYour feedback matters!
Nowadays I am putting my weight more and I am suffering from ankle joint. So I thought it might be due to my over weight. So please I need suggestions to reduce my weight and ankle joint pain.
I am 67 years male. I am having pain at back & stretch when I make movement in body mostly after leaving bed in the morning and after streching the body feel relief.
I am getting sudden pains in my knees and ankles. Is this the starting stage of rh. Arthritis? I am a good swimmer and swim at a stretch for 1 hour without a break. By regularly going for swimming can I come out of this problem?
Hello doctor l have pain in my legs from some days. Why is it? What should I do. I can't do my routine works properly. Pls suggest.
I got fracture in my hand on jan 30, it was the major fracture and got plaster for 2 months. My question is can start gym now or should wait?
Age 35 , weight 95 kgs. Have pain in both legs and for last one year doing massage every quarter but still no effect.
I am a boy I have an a pain at my leg at every morning thats why I am very afraid about that. Dr. please help me.
I've a twist in my knee caused by playing football. It is not getting well even after 1 week . It's really painful while walking . Kindly suggest any remedies.
A knee sprain is a disorder that is characterized by tearing of the ligaments of the knee. The ligaments are tissues in the knee, whose function is to keep the bones together. They also help in keeping the bones and the knee joint in their proper position. In terms of function, they help you walk, turn and twist. Usually ligaments get sprained due to sports or exercise related injuries.
- If the knee is directly hit: Sprains occur when the knee is hit directly by a strong force on the sides, front or back of the knee. It may also occur, if you trip or fall on your knees. Car accidents and football tackles are other instances where the knee may be impacted in this manner.
- A sudden twist to the knee joint: If the knee joint is suddenly twisted, then it may result in knee sprain. This usually occurs in situations wherein you plant your foot and then suddenly turn from the knee. This can occur in various sports such as football or hockey where you run and change direction suddenly.
The symptoms of knee sprain are pain in the knee joint, impaired movement and swelling. You will have difficulty while walking as the knee may give out or buckle. In some cases, you may also hear a painful pop from the knee joint.
The treatment of a knee sprain begins with a proper diagnosis wherein you may have to undergo various tests such as X-rays or MRI. Once the diagnosis confirms that it is a knee sprain, treatment will begin. The various modes of treatment include:
- Acetaminophen: This medication is used to reduce fever and pain resulting from knee sprain.
- NSAIDs: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen also reduce swelling and pain.
- Physical support devices: You may also use splint or an elastic bandage to provide support to the knee joint so as to allow the area to heal faster.
- Surgery: Severe ligament tears in young patients will require surgery to regain full and normal function to carry on playing regular sports in future.
In addition to the treatment, plenty of rest is required. Do not carry out tasks that require you to move your knee excessively as it may damage it further. Perform stretches and strengthening exercises to keep the joints strong and mobile. Sometimes ligament injuries are serious and do not settle down with the above measures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!