Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
Legs r cracking weirdly. Reddish spots started appearing on both the legs yesterday and are causing itching and burning. Periods started today but the color is rust color. totally different from the regular one. And is causing extreme pain with less amount of brownish blood and whitish liquid. Kindly tell me is there anything serious.
I am not feeling well emotionally, I am not able to score good grades, which is disappointing my parents and teachers, I used to score good marks before but not now, which is making me depressed, and leading an effect on my health as well, can you please help me doctors?
Im 32 year old male. On my upper thighs skin is very rough and hairs on the thighs are like burnt is this related to any kind of cancer?
Hello doctor ! I am 30 years old un married recently I am using melacare cream on my face since one month till present at before going to bed once per day but result is good and my neck is little bit black even everything is fine and my doubt is can I use it continue at daily night time or is ther any side effected in future pls suggest me . In before that I used many products but result is zero . And can I do any home remedies pls suggest me . Thanks.
I am 23 year old when I go outside my skin effect to much tan and feeling itching and irritation. I use sun screen bt it don't effect.
Hi , Before June2 month 2015 bike accident sir My face skin was small spot on face blockage of blood How to normal skin?
I have sensitive skin on my back. Itching and pimples on my back. Get irritated by dead cells on back which cause severe itching. What should you i do?
I have dark circles below my eyes. I need a strong solution at no expense. Eg: cold care to eyes. But this was not effective. I need an effective and best solution.
Hello I'm 23 years male my face has uneven fairness how to make it so that I will get uniform fairness suggest any medications to apply on face. Thank you.
Acne scars look bad and often interfere with your bright looks, as they make you feel embarrassed and unfresh. You use more makeup to cover them or avoid going out in order to hide them. However, instead of hiding your face or the scars, you may try these treatment options to remove the scars instead and feel brighter and better.
- Chemical peels: This method involves the application of a chemical peel on the skin. The acid in it removes the superficial skin layer to improve the appearance of the scar. This works well on lighter scars, and a licensed medical practitioner, nurse or cosmetologist can do this procedure.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion: This technique involves using a high-speed brush on the skin to polish the portion of the scar and make that part of the skin even, so that the scar looks lighter. If your skin doctor feels that you don't need serious dermabrasion, then he may use a microdermabrasion where small crystals are sprayed onto the skin surface to remove the skin cells over the scar and improve appearance.
- Fillers: Fillers are used on the skin which gets depressed due to the acne or scars. There are some binding materials like collagen or Hyaluronic acid, which can be injected through an injection, and this keeps the skin smooth, scar free and elevated for some time after which the injection has to be repeated. This has to be a continuous treatment until your skin starts to appear normal again.
- Retinoid creams: The retinoid creams are especially beneficial on scars if applied patiently for a prolonged period. These creams come with little side effects like burning, drying or peeling of the skin, but over a medium to long-term application, all scars do get removed.
- Laser treatment: A combination of a few types of laser treatments or just one type depending on the acne stage or redness is used. This smoothens the skin and removes the acne scars by removing skin cells from the area.
- Punch Excisions and Skin grafting: This is a surgical technique. The acne scar can be removed by cutting a portion of the skin, and removing it. Normally, this procedure is combined with skin grafting, where the hole created by the acne is filled up either through stitches, or through grafting of the skin. This is actually the most invasive process to remove scars and only done when you have a serious, permanent and stubborn scar which can't be effectively removed by other techniques. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.