Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandip Biswas
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandip BiswasYour feedback matters!
My friend had unprotected sex with her boyfriend on 27th August and she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After 4 days I.e. On 1 september she started bleeding which continued till 4th September. Then she did home 4 urine pregnancy test after 21 days of intercourse, 28 days, 35 days and 42 days of intercourse. All the test came NEGATIVE. She did a beta hcg test on 18th October which was 51 days after intercourse. The result was <1.2miU/mL. Then after 5 days i.e. On 23 October she started bleeding which continued till 29th October. Last month also she bleed from 23 November to 29th November. Does she still have to be worried about pregnancy?
We had sex without condom after nxt day of my wife's periods. My wife took unwanted 72 within 6 hr of intercourse. Now after 5 days she is bleeding. We are not ready to conceive. Please help us weather it is normal or not?
I have been trying to conceive, got spotting 10 days before my next period. I thought that it might be implantation bleeding. For two days it was just spotting but today (3rd day) it started bleeding little heavy and have all the symptoms of my periods. Is it periods or still implantation bleeding? Please suggest.
This morning I had foreplay with my partner So is there chances of getting pregnant cuz my penis was in touch with her vagina (Note: we both r still virgin) So if there is any chance so should I take I pill or unwanted 72 or something like that?
I'm 22 years old. I'm taking homeopathic remedies in positive homeopathy since a year for pcod. Ultrasound scan is now clear with out any ovarian cysts. But still I'm having periods once in three months though the scan is clear. How long does it take for my periods to become regular.
6 must-have foods during your first trimester
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: high in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: during this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: in addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: a good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health.
My girl had menstrual cycle started 8 feb 2016 and had intercourse the immediate day after the cycle Now that 12 feb 2016 she had no menstrual cycle and a week back she had vomiting, followed by 3 days, do not know the reason exactly? She took some medication for vomiting and now everything all right. Is that a sign of pregnancy? We are worried a bit to have an unplanned pregnancy Please help us to get with it.
Dirty talking is no rocket science. If done in the right way and at the right moment, you can blow him away (no pun intended, maybe). Dirty talking is just another aspect of foreplay, and in addition to that, you can successfully put across how and what you enjoy in bed. It is normal for people to get anxious and fidgety the first time around, but once you get the hang of it, it will come to you as naturally as breathing air.
So how is it done? Keep reading.
- Respect the zone: Try testing the water before you jump right in. Figure out the level of dirty talking that your partner enjoys. One can’t always derive their expectations from porn stars. You can’t expect your partner to scream out dirty words just as she is climaxing. The chances are she’s probably faking it. Always try to understand the zone your partner is in and figure out what to say in that very moment.
- Don't fake it: If you’re not feeling it, don’t do it. The last thing you want to come off as during sex is- fake. If your partner understands that you are using words that is just not ‘you’, then it is likely to get her out of The Zone. Say things that are applicable to the scenario or things that you want or truly believe in.
- Don't use technical terms: Why? Because it is sex and not anatomy class. Using technical terms can get a little awkward and might get your partner wondering, and not in a good way. Don’t hesitate to use a few dirty words. A bit of swearing in bed can be a great turn on for your partner. He will get an idea of the sheer intensity of the situation.
- Feel free to use some sexy that you've come across: You can pick up some lines that you have probably watched and fancied in a steamy scene in a movie or read in a book. Use those lines as inspiration and drop the bomb the moment it feels right. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am suffering from Hypothyroid and pcod. My period are very scanty. My doctor advice me to take Argipreg, sandocal and evion 200. Is it safe to me .or any side effect possible?
Delightful and healthy, almonds are not just a treat for the eyes; they proffer a host of advantages for our well-being as per a study conducted across the world. Ayurveda, the ancient branch of medicine in India also claims that almonds proffer a broad range of health benefits, especially when they are consumed after peeling off the skin.
What are the benefits of almonds?
Ayurveda recommends consumption of sweet almonds instead of bitter ones. The warm and sweet qualities of such almonds are preferred for its abilities to pacify the Vata doshas in the body. They help in lubricating the skin and the microcirculatory channels and offer support to all the seven vital tissues in the body. Almonds are highly beneficial for improving pitta, and an Ayurvedic practitioner will help in educating you about how you can metabolize them.
What is the best way to consume almonds?
- You should buy whole organic almonds which are filled with all the nutrients in their crudest form. The skin of almonds is difficult to digest, and therefore Ayurveda recommends soaking the almonds and peeling the skin to improve the digestibility of almonds.
- When you eat almonds without soaking and peeling off the skin, it will aggravate Pitta in the blood.
- The best way to prepare almonds is to soak them in lukewarm water all through the night and peel the skin off in the morning.
- You may also blend them with raisins and dates, but it is always advised to eat them whole as well.
- You can eat up to 10 almonds in a day, but you should refrain from eating them on their own on an empty stomach but take them with fruits or vegetables. This is because taking almonds on an empty stomach would aggravate pitta doshas and lead to unwanted consequences such as indigestion.
- Since they are so versatile, you are free to add them to puddings, bread and muffins and other foods and enjoy.
Why should you opt for soaked and peeled almonds in place of peeled ones?
Choosing between soaked almonds and raw ones is not just a matter of taste, but is a matter of opting a healthier option.
Now the question is why soaked, and peeled almonds are better?
- First of all, the brown peel of almonds contains tannin that can prevent absorption of nutrients. As you soak the almonds, the skin would come off easily and allow the nut to release its goodness effortlessly.
- The benefits of soaked almonds are endless; they help in digestion, improves heart health, aid in weight loss, and they are a major source of antioxidants. They can also assist in combating cancer, and the flavonoids in the almonds can prevent the growth of tumor in the body.
So, have a handful of peeled almonds regularly for good health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!