Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samit BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
I have pigmentation in the cheek area near eyes. I have tried fair eye gel and kaya pigmentation cream. But of no use. Please suggest me something excellent.
My moustaches are turning brown. How can I stop that because usually its black colored. I am not married.
I have lost the fairness and shine of my face after joining a sales and marketing job in which I have to be outside during summers pls tell me any cure or remedy.
I am 25 years male. From last one year my skin colour has become very low. Plzz help me to get my skin colour back.
Doctor I face a skin problem, in my back skin. In my back skin getting less thickness and show bad. So please help to recover this problem.
There is a lot of pimples on my face. It is there from past one year. When I consult a dermatologist he prescribed me to use" ACN" soap and" ACN" gel. Then little pimples faded out. Again he prescribed me to use supatret c gel but after using it, my face was more irritating. And it became reddish. After that I even tried some ayurvedic treatments. But even though it didn't worked. But now pimples on my face decreased and there is a lot of pimples marks on my face. I'm 20 years old. Please suggest me something to get rid of this problem.
Which soap or wash should be used by guys and girls to keep private parts Clean and healthy for also which gel/ lubrication can be used intimacy.Please tell.
I have dark circles around my eyes. What should I do? What are the solutions for pimple free glowing skin?
I am getting red pimples they are very ugly and after pimples gone marks are being left please suggest some creams or soaps or tablets some thing that can cure and suggest what type of food I should have and what I should avoid.
Hi, I am 30 years old woman. I had pigmentation three years back and one of my friend suggested me to use melacare cream and since then I have been using this cream however if I stop using it my whole face gets rashes and pigmentation appears again. Hence I have to apply the cream again which subsides the irritation and pigmentation vanishes. I want to stop this as I can feel that my skin is getting thinner. Please help.
I had wasp sting just below my lip on left side of my face. After removing the string by rubbing the area with a thread I applied ice on that to cure swelling. It worked and I was fine. But now next morning there again is swelling. I applied ice but this time no good. Please help me to reduce this swelling fast.
I m 30 years old. I facing skin problems. I mean my skin looks like very dry. This kind of skin is more in leg and hands. I need to take treatment. please suggest
I have black shade under eyes how to remove that have any solution and some hair also how to remove that.
The first thing that catches our attention when we strike a conversation with a person is their eyes. And aren't they the key feature of our body? Sadly, they take away the charm and youth from our face when they start aging. But as the fact lies, it isn't like we cannot do anything about it! Here are some of the simplest ways that help you keep your eyes gleaming!
Things you should avoid:
- The Sun: Sun exposure is a major cause of wrinkles. Thus avoiding the sun or taking precautions as you get out in the sun can make you look younger.
- Smoking: Smoking does ages skin, as it responsible for releasing an enzyme which is known to break down elastin and collagen.
- Sleepless nights: In the case of an incessant lack of sleep, the body starts producing excess cortisol, a hormone that leads to the breakdown of skin cells and thus resulting in making the skin appear aged.
- Over washing the face: Tap water usually delayers the skin of its natural oils and moisture that is meant to guard the skin against aging. Either use soaps that contain moisturizers or use cleansers instead of soaps.
Some noteworthy precautions:
- Use moisturizer and sunscreen: Completely avoiding the sun or the cold is inevitable. Hence, it is wise to consult a dermatologist and wear a sunscreen and moisturizer that is the most suitable for your skin type. It creates a protective shield for your face and keeps your skin protected from the consequences of the weather harshness.
- Use Reading Glasses: Any recurring action of the skin strains facial muscles and thus leaves a minor trench beneath the skin which is visible as a wrinkle. Hence, it's precautionary to get the eyes checked in case of any strain and use power glasses instead.
- Eat a lot of Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables contain antioxidant compounds which aid in fighting back the harm that is created by free radicals. This helps the skin look younger and beaming.
Few home remedies:
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are one of the easiest remedies to help you get away with your eye wrinkles. Chop thin slices of fresh cucumber and keep them over your eyelids. They help in reducing the buildup on the eyes and re-energize the skin.
- Coconut oil: This oil works miracles for wrinkles. Massage this oil into your wrinkled skin. You will see results in less than a month.
- Orange Juice: You can dip a cotton swab in fresh orange juice and lay it over your eyelid. Use this method twice daily.
- Castor oil: One of the most primitive remedies, apply and massage few drops of this oil to your face after cleansing. Repeating the treatment once or twice every week. This reduces the chances of re-development of wrinkles.
Meri age 25 year h, mai jb 5 saal ki thi to garam tel se jal gai. Aaj 20 saal k baad b mere face pr jale ka nisan h please koi upay btaiye.
Hello I was suffering from anal fissure about 6 months ago it healed. But recently after I had a hard bm it started again I was in so much intense pain I am applying diltiazem 3 times a day it appears to be healing as I have a terrible itch. I am keeping my diet as follows Morning: oats with milk and fruits After noon: rice sambar curd Night: curd rice with salad 2 teaspoons of dufalac Will the fissure heal itself if so how many days will it approximately take Should I continue the diet lifelong Is there a permanent cure When can I eat meat and spicy foods.
Gall bladder is a very important digestive gland, which is located on the right side of your abdomen, just beneath your liver. Its main function is to collect, store and release bile, a digestive fluid produced in your liver, essential for metabolizing fats, into your small intestine.
Sometimes, small hard stones comprising of cholesterol, bile pigments and calcium salts in the shape of a pebble, can form in your gall bladder. Gallstones may cause no symptoms but when the gallstone lodges in ducts and blocks the flow of bile, it can cause persistent high-intensity pain which requires gallstone surgery.
Surgery is then prescribed to remove the gall bladder. This surgery is called cholecystectomy. It’s done when there are
- Gallstones in the gallbladder
- Gallstones in the bile duct
- Gallbladder inflammation
- Inflammation in pancreas
Gallstone surgery or cholecystectomy is a common surgery, and it comes with only a small risk of complications and you can walk out of the hospital on the day of the surgery itself.
- Minimally invasive or laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- During this procedure, the surgeon makes 4 tiny incisions in your abdomen and inserts a tube with a tiny video camera inside it.
- Through a video monitor, the surgeon watches while he inserts surgical tools through the other 3 incisions to remove your gallbladder.
- After the surgery, the surgeon confirms that there are no gallstones left. Once this is done, he sutures your incisions and you are taken to the recovery area. A laparoscopic cholecystectomy takes just 2 hours or so.
- But the problem with this procedure is that it’ not appropriate for everyone. Sometimes, what happens is that, the surgeon may start with a laparoscopic surgery and then may decide to go for an open gallstone surgery because of scar tissue or complications.
- Traditional or open cholecystectomy
- This procedure requires a bigger incision of about 6-inches in your abdomen, below your ribs on the right side. The liver and gallbladder are exposed and the surgeon removes the gallbladder.
- An open cholecystectomy takes one or two hours.
Single-incision Laparoscopy Surgery
Traditional laparoscopic surgeries use a telescopic rod attached to a video camera called a laparoscope, which is inserted through a small incision. Apart from this, 3 to 5 additional small cuts are made to insert the other surgical instruments to perform the surgery.
However, single-incision laparoscopy surgery (SILS) is a revolutionary minimally invasive surgical procedure conducted through a single incision. It provides a better cosmetic outcome, as a small incision is made through the patient’s navel or belly button, resulting in an almost scarless outcome.
Most patients who are good candidates for laparoscopic surgery are eligible for single-port procedures. Some of the surgeries that single incision laparoscopy is indicated for include cholecystectomy (removal of gall bladder), appendectomy (removal of appendix), splenectomy (removal of spleen), hepatectomy (removal of liver) and adrenalectomy (removal of adrenal glands). SILS can also be used for diagnostic purposes.
However, patients who have previously undergone multiple major surgeries to the abdominal region and those who are morbidly obese are not considered for SILS.
Single Incision Laparoscopy is usually performed as day surgery either in the hospital or outpatient surgery center under general, regional, or occasionally local anesthesia depending on the type of procedure performed and the surgeon’s preference.
The patient is made to lie down in a tilted position so that the feet are placed higher than the head. The surgeon makes a single incision of about 3/4th of an inch at the belly button and injects a harmless gas to expand the area and obtain a clear view of the operative site. A tube called a trocar or port is placed through the incision, through which the laparoscope (a narrow telescope having a light source and camera) and tiny surgical instruments are inserted. The laparoscope guides your surgeon with images of the abdominal contents that can be viewed on a large screen. Once the diseased organ is excised, your surgeon removes the instruments, releases the gas, and closes the incision with a small bandage.
Common post-operative guidelines following Single Incision laparoscopy include the following:
- You will need someone to drive you home after you are released as the anesthesia may make you feel groggy and tired
- Do not remove the dressing over the incision for the first two days and keep the area clean and dry. No showering or bathing during this time. The incision usually heals in about 5 days
- Your surgeon may give you activity restrictions such as no heavy lifting. It is very important that you follow your surgeon’s instructions for a successful recovery
- You may feel soreness around the incision area. Your surgeon may give you a prescription pain medicine or recommend NSAID’s (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) for the first few days to keep you comfortable
- If the abdomen was distended with gas, you may experience discomfort in the abdomen, chest, or shoulder area for a couple days while the excess gas is being absorbed
You must be very careful with your diet after gallstone removal as your body will not be able to digest fats well. You will of course be sticking to a liquid diet for a week or two and then introduce solids back into your diet. When you do so, you have to stick to a low fat diet. Stay off fried foods and gas-forming foods. Also make sure that you consume no more than 60 gm of fats per meal to avoid discomfort. Stay off spicy foods to avoid bloats and abdominal pains.