Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Samir Baran Sarkar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samir Baran SarkarYour feedback matters!
My son 5 years old. Nowadays he is urinate just a little drops and urinate frequently. In every 10 or 20 minutes. What to do?
What is diet plan for two year baby and weight is 8 kg, so weigh graining diet plan Protein powder is helpful for baby or not.
My baby is 3 month old still she is 4.5 weight inam nly feeding my milk wat can we give to increase her weight additionally and she is spitting saliva lot any reasons.
Hello, I am Dr Mangesh Chandewar. I have done post graduation diploma course in community medicines.
Today's topic is the importance of vaccination.
Vaccination is a biological molecule which is injected either through the injections, orally or through sprays. This helps us to create immunity against most of the infections.
Why vaccine is so important?
Even though we try to maintain good hygiene, cleanliness, sanitation, but still we can not prevent infection and the diseases caused by such infections. Right from the birth when delivery occurs, the baby comes in contact with the environment which is highly infected. This is like TB, Tuberculosis, which is more prevelent in India and we want to save our baby. Then right from the birth, the vaccines like BCG which is helpful in developing immunity against tuberculosis.
As per the National Immunization schedule and as per the WHO, we shoul give basic immunization, also called vaccination to the baby in order to develop immunity against the diseases.
What are the reasons to vaccinate the child?
If we do not give vaccination, it is not like the baby is going to infect but we can prevent most of the infections. If we do not give vaccination, the disease or infections can cause serious consequences rather than the vaccines. Vaccines are safer because they are being evaluated through the various phases during the clinical tria;. And also when it comes in the market.
Since they are very safe, they hardly have any side effect or consequences. and if any of the serious consequence occurs due to vaccination, that happens once in millions, so that they can immediately be taken care of. And teh action is taken according to the condition. My aim to get every baby vaccinated by birth, till the age of 5 years, all the vaccines should be appropriately given according to the proper age group. And the vaccines which are given after 5 years as and when required, once should get vaccinated.
In adults, when there is endemic or epidemic for any infections, say in 2010 swine flu was there, one should get treated as early as possible and should get vaccinated so that the disease should not be reoccured. The maximum number of people get vaccinated against infections. The community get the hard immunity. Accordingly we can prevent the disease throughout the community not only the individuals. This will help our country to fight against the diseases ans the infections.
This is all the basic immunisation and the vaccinations, I talked about. There are otther infection also, such as dog bite and other infections as well which can be vaccinated.
There are so many vaccines in the trials for so many life threatning diseases. As and when you get the chance, you can discuss it with the famly physician or any other doctor.
In order to know about the different vaccines. the appropriate age groups for the vaccines, or the side effects or any other vaccine related querry.you can contact me through Lybrate.
My 2.6 years toddler is facing constipation issue since some time, am making him drink water as much as possible. Pls suggest a god medicine for constipation. Also let me know how much should be his intake of water in a day?
Is bedwetting a regular feature in your child? Has this been continuing for a long time and is making you concerned? Nocturnal enuresis is the condition in which a child passes urine when he sleeps at night, unknowingly. It is referred to as bedwetting or nightwetting in Ayurveda. Shayyamutra is the Ayurvedic name of this condition in which shayya refers to sleeping, and mutra means urine.
Ayurvedic guidelines and remedies
- You must ensure that your child is getting sufficient sleep. A proper sleep schedule will make it easier for him to wake up when his bladder is full and he needs to urinate.
- The bowel must be kept clear to prevent thread worms from troubling at night. They account for being an important cause for bedwetting.
- Your child should abstain from food items such as green gram, potato, tea, chocolates, coffee, and spicy foods producing gas.
- You must make sure that your child does not drink any liquid right before going to sleep. On the contrary, his bladder should be emptied before going to bed.
- Bladder stretching exercises should be undertaken, which are effective for the management of bedwetting in children.
- In children who experience bedwetting in spite of being grown up, the reason is usually stress. Stress may occur from various causes and it is important to bring your child’s stress under control. For this, he should undertake yoga, mindful meditation, and other relaxation techniques.
There are various Ayurvedic home remedies, which are ideal for managing bedwetting in children. Some of them are as follows:
- Fry one spoon of coriander seeds until it turns brown. Mix one teaspoon each of sesame seeds, babul gum, and pomegranate flowers and make a fine powder out of the ingredients. Add crystal sugar to the mixture and give this to your child before bedtime regularly.
- Give half a cup of milk and Sarshapa in a powdered state to your child before he/she goes to sleep at night.
- Ayurvedic remedies used for curing bedwetting in children aim at strengthening your nervous system and your urinary tract. Vishatinduka vati, Chandraprabha vati, and Shilajitwaadi vati are common Ayurvedic medicines used for treating bedwetting.
- Deworming should be carried out for the infestation of intestinal worms, which may provide relief to your child.
- Several medicinal herbs are also used for the Ayurvedic treatment of bedwetting. They include bimbi, kataka, amalaki, hareetaki, haridra, khadira, and a lot more.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!