Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Samila ChandraYour feedback matters!
My brother's wife is cancer cured - left breast, more than 8 years. She is healthy now, working as well. I would like to know whether her daughter, 26, is taking medication for thyroid, may have this disease on hereditary basis, in future.
Hi, my mother is 56 year old, has breast cancer metasted to bone. She has undergone chemotherapy. Now she is suffering with severe pain in legs and backpain. We consulted neurologist, orthopedic and and oncologist who gives her chemo. oncologist says its disc problem, not related to cancer, but she is not getting relief from medication given by neurologist or orthopedic doctor.
My mother having 8 m.m.of ghat (cyst ) in her left breast It is a sign of breast cancer please help.
I am 40 years old man and is facing a problem of frequent urination. I am not diabetic. I just want to know the reason for frequent urination especially during stress or excitation. I think it is related to prostrate gland as in my teen age I have done one ultrasound and it says acute prostates. Please advise.
In ultrasound KUB it is mentioned that MILD median lobe prostrate hypertrophy to my father, is there any problem?
Hi I am 20 years old. I have been suffering from back pain about 1 year. There is a node like thing on the left side of my lower back and I think that is causing the pain. What is the node like thing?
Hey doctor, can you tell what is cancer and how does it occur. Is there any prevention method or cure for this disease?
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.
I am a 32 year old lady. I have a concern of having a very small breast size and also of having a very dry skin. What is the natural remedy for my breast enhancement and getting a soft and shiny skin?
Sinus ctscan report. Retention cyst left maxillary sinus Mucosal thickening in maxillary sinus Hypoplastic rt frontal sinus Mucosal thickening in left frontal sinus. What does the report mean. Do I need a surgery. Can it be cancerous? Please help.
Hello sir, I want to know the symptoms of blood cancer and how it can be cured, my friend is suffering it.
My father is suffering from skin cancer n he is in zero stage so can ayurvedic medicine cure dat disease?
I am 22 years old male and I want to ask you what is blood cancer and how it can be treated and how much money is required for treatment. In my city lots of people's dying due to blood cancer. Is there any medicine available for blood cancer?
Most commonly occurring in children aged 5 or younger, Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer developing from immature nerve cells most often found in and around the adrenal glands. However, it is not limited and can develop in several other areas of the body, like the chest, neck, spine and different areas of the abdomen where nerve cells can be found in clusters.
Depending upon the area of the body affected, signs and symptoms may include:
1. Neuroblastoma in the abdomen:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, constipation or other changes in bowel movements
- A lump of mass under the skin which is anything but tender
2. Neuroblastoma in the chest:
- Chest pain
- Visible changes in the eyes, such as drooping eyelids or unequal pupil size
3. There are other signs and symptoms caused by neuroblastoma. These may include:
- Lumps of tissue found under the skin
- Bruise-like dark circles visible around the eyes
- Proptosis (a condition in which eyeballs seem to protrude from the sockets)
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Unexplained weight loss
Causes: Neuroblastoma typically originates in neuroblasts. These are immature nerve cells formed by the fetus as part of the development process. Eventually, neuroblasts convert into fibres and nerve cells which then make up the constituents of the adrenal gland. Normally, they either mature or gradually disappear. Others, which neither mature nor disappear, form tumors.
A number of problems may result out of neuroblastoma, including:
- Metastasis or spread of the cancerous cells
- Spinal cord compression
- Paraneoplastic symptoms, such as rapid eye movement or difficulty with eye coordination
- Abdominal swelling
Depending on the child's age, the stage of the cancer, or the types of cells involved, the treatment plan varies accordingly:
- Surgery - However, this depends on the size and location of the tumor. Tumors growing near vital organs are too risky to remove
- Chemotherapy - involves the use of chemotherapy drugs
- Radiation therapy - involves high energy beams, like X-rays
- Stem cell transplant or autologous stem cell transplant in case of high-risk neuroblastoma
- Immunotherapy - involves drugs which stimulate the immune system to destroy cancerous cells