Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Samar ChowdhuryYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of sinus headache and migraine? Actually some doctors said I have migraine and some said it's sinus I'm confused.
I've Photosensitive Epilepsy. I've been treating with gabapentin 300mg bd for 2 years It doesn't work well Please tell me what should I do.
Migraines are characteristically throbbing, intrusive and sometimes, prolonged headache accompanied by sensitivity to sound and light and the feeling of nausea. They are fairly common and usually treatable with home remedies and allopathic drugs. The word migraine has been derived from another word ‘hemicranias’ which means one sided headache. Headaches resulting from migraines tend to occur in episodes rather than being regular. Additionally, the intensity of a migraine will also vary with some attacks being very severe while other attacks will be a lot more moderate. The pain is often accompanied by nausea or vomiting.
Homeopathy may play an efficient role in the treatment of migraines. Homeopathic medicines are prescribed based on the type, duration and intensity of the migraine attacks and are most often helpful in their treatment.
Homeopathy aims to cure the headache from its very root without attracting side effects. Some of the common homeopathic medicines include:
- Belladonna: This is one of the most common homeopathic drugs prescribed for migraines. This medicine aims to cure the throbbing character of the migraine in the temporal region, which is further induced by light and sound.
- Spigelia: This is useful to treat headaches arising from the left hemisphere of the brain that is fairly common among individuals experiencing migraines. Additionally, there would be an occurrence of severe pain in the eyeballs which might be worsened by excess movement of the eyes.
- Glonoinum: This medicine works fairly well with congestive headaches which are accompanied by a constant feeling of blood rushing to the head. You might also feel shocks in your head.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is prescribed in case of headaches that form from the back of the skull and settle prominently in the right hemisphere of the skull. The eyes also tend to throb; another symptom that is remedied by the use of this medicine.
- Natrum Muriaticum: this is usually prescribed to women who complain of their migraines worsening during their menses. The headaches can be accompanied by temporary loss of vision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My mother in law (55) is suffering from Meningioma for last 3 years which causes severe headache & burning sensation during any time of the day lasting from few minutes to several hours. 3 years ago she suddenly got paralysis attack after which the problem arise as told by the consulted doctor after which she has undergone for 3 MRI diagnosis. The last MRI was done last month which quoted" approx. 2.5×2.1×1.8 cm sized extra axial hyperintense lesion in posterior fosa on right side, this lesion is mildly compressing right cerebellar hemisphere. Neoplastic lesion? Meningioma. Is it a benign or malignant? please guide us what treatment should be best for it.
We have a cellular tower on top of our house past 7 years. We dint notice a huge problem in our health but recently my mother who is always at home had a paralysis attack. And I experienced headaches, sleep disorders recently, so now is it a big problem? The contract will end in 2 years. We should shift our family? Or we can manage these 2 years with some precautions? Please help me.
From my childhood I got my hands and feet too much cold that no one wants my touch at evening time and my body shakes that I can not stay normal just shaking and shaking. This is same for all the seasons but only happens at early morning and after evening and sometimes daytime too.
Problems Related to Insomnia
Hi! I’m Dr. Priyanka Srivastava, a Psychologist, practicing in Noida.
Today, let’s understand What is Insomnia? Insomnia is nothing but the lack of sleep but that leads to, at times, in an individual’s stress and depression also.
What are the causes of insomnia? There are certain causes of insomnia-
- Mainly, it is due to mental disturbances.
- Any type of a body pain, uncomfortable weather, or the surrounding also leads to insomnia.
- Maybe, improper digestion, constipation, some disease, eating irregularity habits also leads to insomnia.
There are certain symptoms of insomnia.
- Irritability in our behavior.
- Problem in concentration, attention or a memory.
- Poor performance at our school or at work.
- Daytime sleepiness.
- Aggression or impulsiveness in our behavior.
- Lack of energy or the motivation.
- frustration about our own sleep.
Now, how do we get treated while sitting at our place?
- Do regular exercise but not late in the evenings.
- Avoid caffeine in all forms after your lunch time.
- Avoid taking naps during the day time.
- Have a nice long warm bath before you sleep.
- Try to drink warm buffalo milk with the honey in it before you go to sleep.
- Keep your room away from all the electronic gadgets.
There are certain other things that need to be done.
If you want to consult me online or offline, you can consult me through Lybrate.