Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Saikat ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
I'm doing the marketing job due to over tensions I am smoking cigarettes too much so I need to stop smoking so please help me.
What are the causes for congestion in chest? I do not smoke and does congestion in chest cause headache and nausea?
Tobacco contains nicotine, the more you use it, the more your body craves for it. Tobacco use can cause cancer of head and neck, lungs, leukemia, stomach, kidney, pancreas etc. It is a major causative agent for gum diseases.
So honour your life given by god almighty, value your life and quit tobacco use in any form.
Within hours of quitting
1) B. P. Drops
2) Oxygen levels return to normal
Within days of quitting
1) Sleep improves
2) Breathing becomes easier.
Be wise, choose life, not tobacco. It is never too late!
For e.g. I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all tha time. Please help me.
I am unable to keep cool myself in some situations I feel very tensed during exams. Kindly help me Wat should I do?
I'm exposed to substances at work that worsen my asthma what can I do to prevent this and also I want to quit my smoking habit.
How to remember study because it is very hard to remember large portion please suggest me some good nutrition food.
Hi I am 24 year old, I feeling anxiety and nervous every time. My hands all shivering. Please advice me.
I am suffering from memory loss, I forgot everything in a moment, due to this I am facing a lot of problem in my career. Please advise.
I have pcos for a long time. I am under regular followups. But I am facing anxiety and depression all the time, which has affected my sleep. I am facing it since a long time. What should I do?
Doctor I have fear and caught stand in a public. i have a feeling that all people are looking at me and laughing on me. I have no confidence in me thinking that all I am doing is wrong. What should I do?
Discussions and consideration of ailments begin and end with those which pertain to the physical health of an individual. Matters of the body are inevitably prioritized over the matters of the mind. However it goes without saying that your overall well-being is as much dependent on your mental health as it is on physical health. However, there are few simple measures which can be undertaken to beat the depression blues.
- Exercise: What works for the body may also work for the mind and exercise is a leading example of that. It is recommended that every day you set aside at least some time for exercising. It will not only benefit your physical constitution, but will also keep your thoughts away from the issues which are tormenting you in the first place.
- Converse: It is a given that depression alienates people, drowns them in solitude. However, seclusion is merely a temporary refuge, one that can hardly benefit you in the long run. Hard as it may be, try talking to people and engage in conversations with people. In the course of the conversation, try putting into words what exactly you are suffering from. Reaching out for an extended arm goes a long way in recuperating from this condition.
- Meditation: When you suffer from depression, you inevitably are, in the process, trying to grapple with plenty of tumultuous issues. It is imperative therefore that you find a way to calm your mind and there is no other way to do it than indulge in meditation.
- Find a confidante: When suffering from depression, it is crucial that you find yourself a confidante. It is important to talk to others but it is perhaps more important to find the right person. Irrespective of your relationship with him or her, by all means find a confidante in whom you can unflinchingly confide.
- Break monotony: Monotony not only triggers depression but in most cases, breeds it. It is important therefore than you break the monotony. If not a drastic change, go for small changes initially and try to change your daily routine as much as possible.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.