Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saikat ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
He used a to make a lot of mistakes while talking he has no stress but forget things very fast and is dumb keep thinking about his insult. And his parents keep trying to motivate him. His all good friends tell him to think before he talk. He wants to clever witty and smart.
I am facing some problem, there is a constant phobia which leads me to negativity, I feel like every person is bad, something wrong is going to happen, some bad news is about to come, I get worried even if I get a regular phone call, I am unable to get out of it, suddenly sometimes my mood swings, can anybody please help me.
This is happening since last year, or I feel so. I am unable or focus and concentrate on my studies no matter how hard I try. I feel restless and irritated as soon as sit for studying. My parent's hopes are quite high as there has been a family crisis and regularly reminded of it, either directly or indirectly. I'm unable to cope with them. Another thing, though I think it's out of relevance, but I had my school changed in 10th. This is getting with every passing day and my boards are close. I used to wave off this until recently I was unable to study for a stretch of 3 days. Do I require medical attention or is it all in my head? What should I do?
I'm 31 years old. Im masturbating for quite long time. Recently I have got low back pain, blurred vision, disturbed sleep, body ache, tired and less memory and focus. Kindly help me to overcome this.
I feel a kind of depressed suddenly. And I want to forget some painful past completely. Is there any way to erase those memories?
My age is 40 and my problem is that thoughts stuck in my mind. I think on past events again and again till it is confirmed that what actually happened. My doctor advised me to take paxidep 12.5 cr .Is it helpful? Even if a thought is useless it makes me think again and again, I don't know how to cure this. If there is any medicine plss recommend.
I always feel depressed because of every lil bad talk. Nd plx tell me the medicine for dark circles of eyes? Also tell me tell me the medicine or any precaution for general weakness of legs n arms.
I have an problem of epilepsy. I used to take medicines of valproic acid by last 10 years. In between whenever I leave this, I got fits. Now I daily take this medicine of 300 mg at night. I need to know, how can I get away from this, and will it impact on my next Gene?
I have a problem of Stammering. I not completely Stammering but in starting only, when I start conversation. I also feel problem when someone is telling something and I have to cut that topic.
Hi Doctor. I am not able to clear up my confusion and figure out the aim of my life and passion. I have work experience of 10 years but I am mediocre when it comes to putting efforts. I am distracted by many things around and I spend too much time on thinking within myself.
I am 23 year old male. I recently suffered from continuous stress, depression and anxiety and some panic attacks too. Now I have leg pains and arm pains which go away when I exercise or play badminton for about an hour. But after that pain returns in about 2 hours. Can this muscle and body pain caused by anxiety? my doc says I am hypochondriac. What should I do?
I am suffering from heavy hair fall. It may be because of high stress level. Suggest me some hair oil for reduce the hair fall.
While children can light up your life with joy and laughter, sometimes they can appear to be monsters with their temper tantrums and their stubbornness. Stubborn or obstinate children can be very difficult to deal with and could end up disrupting your life as well. However, there are a few techniques that mental health professionals have suggested that can help you deal with your stubborn and obstinate child. These are mentioned here briefly –
Hear Them Out: It’s often the case that children tend to be stubborn or obstinate and start screaming when they think they weren’t heard. This makes them feel helpless and thus forces them to bottle up and then take out their frustration by either not doing what you are telling them to do or doing exactly the opposite of that. The best treatment in this scenario is to hear them out and patiently try to resolve their problems.
Ensure They Follow Your Example: If one or both of the parents are extremely stubborn, then this would translate into a stubborn kid as well. Doctors have said that obstinacy is often in the genes. Also, environmental influence is a big deal for them as well. Ensure that you are flexible enough with your partner and the child picks up on it.
Teaching Kids About Give And Take: This is a very important lesson in life as it teaches kids to choose priorities. If you teach your kid to always give, then it sends a message that putting themselves second is the best option. However, if he or she is always fighting to take first priority, it may lead to too many conflicts later. Thus it is best to teach them that it is okay to fight for what is yours but also let others have their way sometimes. This attitude will help them develop a balanced attitude and lessen their obstinacy.
Give Them The Illusion Of Choice: Children are very malleable when it comes to their minds and you can use this trick to do certain things that make them appear they have some control when they actually may not. For example, if they are unwilling to go to sleep, you can say that you cannot make them sleep, but they have to stay in bed. Your child would then automatically fall asleep after some time due to boredom which would end up serving your purpose.
Use Scolding Or The Parent Card As A Last Resort: If any of the techniques mentioned don’t work, then you can scold or warn your kid with consequences which may result in capitulation. For example, if you child is not willing to come back and study, then try and stop them from whatever they were doing and make them sit with their books. This lets them know that certain areas you will absolutely not compromise on and they will understand the limits better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am 24 year old male Whenever I want to speak in from of any person than my voice don't come clearly from tough and also suddenly got nervous in front of any one.
My father is age of 83 having swelling on right hand shoulder with very hard and big like cricket ball, and every time it get too much pain and even he gets so much weakness in the whole body .It is in the right shoulder well defined intramuscular SOL findings are likely suggestive of intramuscular chronic hematoma. Cytopatholoy - Fine needle aspiration cytology. Impression- Cytopathology S/o Hematoma. Kindly give remedy for the pain and to reduce the size of swelling which is a size of cricket ball and very hard in touching. Kindly advice some lape or medicine which can reduce the size and pain. Doctor says it is v big operation to perform because father is around 83 of old and cannot in position to bear with that. Sir is there any lape or medicine in Ayurveda which can reduce the size and pain. Thanks. Regards.
Hello sir there is no other way to quit smoking I can not go through this kind of meditation coz I dint understand this mantra meditation.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is also known as OCD. It is a mental ailment that causes specific changes in the brain as well as the behaviour of the patient. It can also cause severe anxiety and lead the patient to consume a lot of time for completing even the most normal tasks. These obsessions are like thoughts, images and even videos playing where the cause of a certain action becomes more profound with the number of imagined risks if it is not done in a specific way, as per the mind of the patient. These turn into repetitive actions undertaken by the patient, where these actions are known as compulsions.
Hence the term: obsessive compulsive disorder. Washing, cleaning, losing control, contamination fears and more are only a few of the thoughts that plague patients suffering from this disorder. While this disorder may not have a specific cure, there are various ways in which it can be managed. Let us look at some of these methods.
Causes of OCD
The exact cause of OCD is unknown. It is generally considered unlikely that OCD develops purely psychologically as a consequence of the way we are brought up.
- Genetics and Physiology: It is generally accepted that OCD arises from differences in the physiology of the brain in people with the condition.
- Serotonin: Lack of serotonin activity appears to be involved in causing OCD. Serotonin is a calming and inhibitory neurotransmitter, one of its main actions is to control and put the brakes on painful, worrying or anxious thoughts.
- Traumatic Life Events: Traumatic emotional events such as bereavement may trigger or worsen OCD in people who already have a tendency to have the condition.
Treatment of OCD
For best results in treating this troublesome anxiety disorder combine brain-chemistry balancing approaches with psychotherapy techniques.
- Nutritional Therapy: Try tryptophan and St John's Wort to increase serotonin. Rhodiola has been shown to help generalised anxiety disorder however Rhodiola has the ability to raise 'brain energy' and therefore hypothetically may exa-sperate OCD symptoms.
- The Inositol Treatment of OCD: Inositol, one of the B vitamins, has been found effective in treating OCD. Inositol is used in biochemical processes that affect serotonin receptors.
- Psychotherapy: This is also known as discussion or talk therapy where the patient is allowed to engage with a therapist who is usually a psychiatrist or a clinical psychologist. The doctor will help the patient in first of all, becoming aware of the problem by helping the patient carry out various tasks in a controlled environment. These tasks will be timed and then relayed to the patient before the exposure therapy begins, where the patient will be taught to build a better quality of life. This a long term and time taking process which can also involve group sessions and sessions with the family members. Also, this method takes a lot of practice so that the patient learns how to regulate the obsessions and stop the compulsive behaviour gradually.
- Exercise: Numerous studies have shown the benefits of exercise upon mental health. So, a minimum of 20mins of daily exercise can help you a lot.
- Relaxation Training & Meditation: Learning meditation and relaxation techniques may enhance one's ability to control anxiety and one's thoughts in general.
- Medication: There are various kinds of medicines that can be prescribed for these patients. Anti-depressants can help the patient in overcoming the fears and anxiety that a person feels when the wheels of one's imagination begin to turn towards obsessive thoughts. This will also help in tackling the hopelessness that the person feels when faced with the so called depressing outcome of not bowing to the compulsive habits.
Putting It All Together
- Follow the diet for serotonin deficient depression, and GABA deficient anxiety.
- Consult with a qualified therapist using behavioural rather than analytical techniques.
- Do some repetitive mind-occupying/filling as opposed to mind-emptying meditations everyday.