Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I have very problem of gas when I eat out side food I have gas what I do say me doctor I have problem.
I am 39 years old male. I am in the process of divorce (mutual consent). Some time I am unable to get deep sleep during night. Some disturbances are there every one or two hours during night sleep by the way of thoughts. Is it normal in this period? How to avoid it? What shall I do? How to free my mind.
Does testosterone have affect on your body? I mean to say your body shape or stamina or muscles and looks? Please advice
I am 26 year old male, I have ulcerative colitis almost from last 2 year. I am taking ayurvedic medicine but its relapse after few month. What can I do, I can' t understand. Please help me.
Hello Doctor! I am 21 years old. I am a diabetic patient from last 10 to 11 years of type A. I take injections 4 times a day. My sugar level is fluctuating as I am a student and live in Mumbai. My schedules are sometimes more hectic. So some tips for controlling it and diet.
Hello doctor I am suffering from throat pain it is paining a lot can I do to reduce the pain and also I am suffering from eye pains as I sit for a long duration in front of PC I think what can I do for it?
I have been trying to sleep at night but I can't sleep please suggest me good medicine so that I can sleep.
I am having a problm of urine leakage I mean its like after I visit toilet and finish it after a min or two my urine leaks like a drop or two I have this problem from 2 years I m suffering very much because of this please suggest me what to do.
I am 28 years old . From the last 4-5 months I am getting problem with my penis. It is not erecting properly as it used to get before. Its thickness nd hardness also get reduced and I am still a virgin . This thing is giving me a lot of stress. Please help me in this case.
Hello Doctor! My Ivf donor egg process has been delayed as I was hospitalised for High bp and typhoid. I discontinued tablet oral g for 5 days then I got my periods on 10th June. I got my periods soon after stopping tablet. Before 10th June I had my periods on 25th may. Now when will I get my periods. Are there chances to conceive naturally in this cycle. I was going for Ivf as my amh count was low. Will my next periods come on time or I need some medicines. Pls reply.
Sirs, My mother aged 58, get sleep once in 4 nights. Because of this her nerves systems have gone bad. Not able to walk and talk properly. She is tried with English medicine, Siddha and Flower medicines. No use. Please guide. Thanks.
Also known as sunshine vitamin, this vitamin is important for the body to absorb phosphorous and calcium. It also helps maintain the teeth and bone health. The body creates vitamin d with sun exposure or through food consumption. While exposure to the sun is most important source of vitamin d, one needs to be careful that the exposure isn't much as over exposure can cause other health problems. Overall, vitamin d does a bunch of great things for the body and makes it the sexiest vitamin around. Let's know few of the benefits:
1. Vitamin d supports cardiovascular health along with supporting lung function.
2. Diabetics require a good dose of vitamin d as it helps manage it and also balances insulin levels.
3. Vitamin d is also good for bones and teeth. This happens by the regulation of phosphorous and calcium in the body.
4. Vitamin d deficiency causes infertility, bacterial vaginosis, gestational diabetes, preeclampsia etc in women and the baby has impaired growth, low birth weight, low bone density, skeletal malformation and even seizures.
5. Adequate vitamin d also helps in increasing fertility by avoiding pcos and prevents breast cancer by decreasing the cancer cell growth.
6. Vitamin d is also used for skin problems like psoriasis, vitiligo, scleroderma, etc.
7. Overall health of a person also benefits from vitamin d as it prevents autoimmune diseases and boosts the immune system. It also supports against infections and influenza.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I always have crackling or pop sound in ear when swallowing saliva. What does it denote and how to cure?
I am 30 years I have slight pain at right side of the brain from past 1 and a half month. Pain is not continuous. I was using toric contact lenses. Do I have any serious problem?
Urinary Incontinence is the sudden urine loss that occurs involuntarily in women. Some of the factors which cause urinary incontinence are pregnancy, menopause (know more why Women Are More Vulnerable to Heart Diseases Post Menopause) and childbirth. It should be noted that urinary incontinence by itself is not a disease, but is a symptom of other underlying disorders such as diabetes, infections and other conditions.
Causes of temporary cases of urinary incontinence include:
1. Constipation (learn more that Work for Constipation Relief)
2. Urinary tract infections
3. Excess consumption of alcohol and caffeine
4. Consuming carbonated drinks
5. Use of artificial sweeteners
6. High doses of vitamin B and vitamin C
7. Being on sedatives, muscle relaxants, blood pressure and heart medications
8. Eatables which are too spicy, acidic or sugary
However, persistence of incontinence might be due to a more serious condition. Some of the causes are stated below:
- Age: The bladder muscles tend to weaken with age. This affects the bladder’s urine holding capacity.
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes and increase in weight during pregnancy can cause incontinence.
- Menopause: Oestrogen is responsible for the healthy maintenance of the lining of the urethra and bladder. The onset of menopause causes the oestrogen hormone levels to drop. The gradual damage of the bladder tissues causes incontinence.
- Childbirth: The bladder control muscles are weakened during normal vaginal delivery, thus leading to incontinence.
- Obstruction: Occurrence of tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal flow of urine which can cause incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: The same ligaments and muscles support both the bladder as well as the urethra. With removal of the uterus by hysterectomy, the pelvic floor muscles are deteriorated. This leads to urinary incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Conditions such as multiple sclerosis (autoimmune disorder in which the immune system destroys the protective sheath of the nerves), Parkinson’s disease (disorder affecting motor functioning of the body), brain tumours, spinal injury or strokes are capable of causing incontinence.
Different forms of urinary incontinence are classified on the basis of their symptoms:
- Urge incontinence: Urge or urgency incontinence occurs when there is a leak before the person reaches the toilet.
- Stress incontinence: Small amounts of urine leak out during normal physical movements such as sneezing, coughing and exercising. This happens because of the minimum stress exerted on the body, and hence, the name.
- Functional incontinence: Sudden leakage of urine occurs due to external deterrents or physical disabilities such as not being able to find a toilet.
- Overactive Bladder: This is characterized by frequent and urgent urination.
- Overflow incontinence: A full bladder, at times, leads to unexpected leakage.
- Transient incontinence: If urine leakage occurs due to temporary situations such as infections, or new medications.