Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sadhan DattaYour feedback matters!
Mam I have a sex problem my husband have no problem but my body language not encouraged for sex last 2 years I will try to be pregnant but no result are there my reports are normal my periods are not properly come. Tell me the best soln.
Meri age 33 yrs hai meri shadi ko 2 saal ho gaye hai par ek bar bhi mein pregnant nahi Hui. maine HSG karya to pta chala ki tubes blocked hai. please help kijiye.
Successful living is a state where the mind and body are in perfect sync. In this state, one is able to make use of all of the available resources to live happily and with satisfactory results as far as life, work and relationships go. This does not mean that there are absolutely no problems. It simply means that you look at the problems and challenges as opportunities for growth, and solve them to live to the best of your abilities.
So what are the rules for successful living? Here is our list!
- Believe and Understand: While you may have heard the phrase, 'Believe in yourself', you would not have heard the word understand associated with it on a normal basis. Yet, the crux of the matter is this to believe, you must understand. Believing in your abilities is one side of the coin. Understanding your limitations is the other side. So, once you have both things in place, it becomes easier to plan your actions in a realistic manner. When you believe in your competence and understand your limitations, you will either take on those tasks that will be commensurate with your skills, or you will equip yourself with higher skills so as to take on even more varied activities and tasks.
- Simplify: This is an often repeated and extremely underrated term. To be more organised, you do not merely need the latest modular fittings in your home and office. One of the aspects of simplifying is decluttering. When you declutter, you are effectively removing all those things that do not serve you. If these things were to remain in front of you, they will only serve to expend your energy with thoughts of wastage and wastage of time as well, since you will be working your way through chaos to get to your core.
- Moderation: Simplification and moderation go hand in hand. Superfluous acts may give instant gratification, but they do not serve you in the long run. They strip you of self-control and can even alienate you from your relationships as you get closer to things rather than people. So, it is good to have a healthy dose of everything in your life for true balance and successful living.
- Perspective: If problems are bogging you down, then there are chances that your perspective is all wrong. Being more open and looking at the big picture are two sure shot ways of ensuring that the problems come and go without affecting your equilibrium.
Being in the moment and putting your family first is a part of creating a balanced situation in life where judegments, material wants and egos will not matter.
I want to make sex relations with my girlfriend. But I do not want to use condoms please tell its safe and also tell I do not want her pregnant.
My wife has AB- blood Group. She is currently 5th week pregnant. She suddenly started bleeding and Doctor gave injection of NTD stating she has AB- blood group. Now Doctor has started giving HCG 5000 fertigyn injection on every 5th day. Heartbeat not yet came in fetal. My question is " is this proper treatment? And In which week Heartbeat will come?
Sex is an extremely personal and subjective matter. Different individuals relate to and indulge in sex differently. The idea of sex also varies from person to person and may not always fit the stereotypical penile-vaginal penetrative intercourse.
There is no way of determining exactly how much sex is good and how much of it is too much. Some people like to be sexually active with thorough regularity while others find comfort in abstinence. Age also plays an important role here with people between the ages of 18-29 indulging in higher levels of sexual activity than those who are middle-aged or elderly.
The different levels and frequencies of sexual activity have varying degrees of impacts on the overall mental, physical and sexual health of a person. There are numerous health benefits attached to having an active sex life, which manifests themselves in both the body and the mind.
The health benefits of having sex are -
As per studies conducted, it has been shown that having sex, at least, two times a week can boost overall physical and mental health. The many health benefits of being sexually active are as follows:
- It improves immunity and makes the body more resilient to diseases
- It improves bladder control in women and prevents urinary incontinence
- It prevents erectile dysfunction in men
- It improves blood circulation and lowers blood pressure
- It acts as a stress reliever
- It improves functioning of the heart and lowers the risk of heart disease
- It reduces sensitivity to pain
There are several other benefits of sex, which include the effective healing and nurturing of the body in a holistic manner.
Is there a limit to having sex?
A large number of people all around the world are concerned about their carnal compulsions and frequently approach sex therapists about what frequency of sex constitutes as a 'healthy' dose.
There really is no such thing as too much sex. But if overindulgence in sexual activities causes a disturbance in everyday activities such as work, classes, household responsibilities and other obligations, it becomes a problem. If such a situation arises, it might be signs of a sex addiction in which case it is important to consult a sexologist or sex therapist. Ideally, having sex two times a day is good for your body, mind and soul.
Hello. I hd a sexual contact wid my bfnd aftr dat I found vry burning conditions in my vagina. Also blood passed along urine. Nd these burns are seriously vry painful. Pls suggest something gud.
I am 40 years old female unmarried. Sir mujhe harmons imbalanced hai FSH-80 or LH-33 ki report me hai, but sir last 4 month mujhe period thik huye hai, or khul ker hue, manedoctor ko dikhya to unhone mujhe calcium or ayeron ki tablet di jisse mujhe thik se perod ate hai but is month mujhe abji tak priod nhi huye or meri date 4 or 5 ki thi, doctor ne report dekh k bola I tum jaldi shadi ker lo nhi to ma nhi ban sakti kyuki tumhe POI hai, or doctor ne bola ki endocrinologist se ek bar consult kro sir muje bataiye ki me kabhi maa nhi ban sakti or sir me bahot garib hu mere ghar me mri mother or me hu or koi nhi hai. Please do something for me sir, please answer me sir me bahot pareshan hu or mujhe bahot problm ho rhe hai body me.
Hi sir / Madam I have one girl friend So we are doing sex sometimes. Actually problem is my GF's Virginia dirty smell that time. So what can do.
There are some common misconceptions about infertility, and these misconceptions should be eliminated as soon as possible so that the actual facts can be known. There are many online sites where you can find detailed information on the scientific explanations regarding infertility, and you can follow them.
List of myths and facts regarding infertility
Myth: The menstrual cycle of a woman is for 28 days.
Fact: Normal cycle ranges between 21-36 days.
Myth: A woman can have pregnancy on the day one of menstrual cycle.
Fact: The released eggs remain viable for almost 12-14 hours, and a woman can get pregnant after an intercourse done two-days after ovulation and five-days before ovulation.
Myth: Infertility occurs due to stress.
Fact: Ovulation can surely get delayed due to hormone suppression, but infertility does not occur due to stress.
Myth: Sperms stay active for few hours.
Fact: Sperms stay alive at least for five days.
Myth: Men with a higher sexual-drive will have a normal sperm-count.
Fact: No relation is there in between fertility and virility. Sometimes, it has been found that men having a higher sex-drive do not produce sperms.
Myth: Women have to wait for three months to conceive after stopping the usage of contraceptive pills.
Fact: As soon as a woman stops pill usage, hormonal levels go back to normal condition, as a result of which ovulation begins immediately.
Myth: Only females have infertility troubles.
Fact: Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles as per the current scientific studies.
Myth: Ovulation occurs in a woman on the 14th day of menstrual cycle.
Fact: Ovulation can be calculated by counting 14 days backwards from the past menstrual cycle's last day.
Myth: Daily sex can increase conceiving chances.
Fact: During ovulation, having sex each day, especially in between 12-16th day of the cycle can be the best timing.
Myth: Fertility troubles occur at 35.
Fact: Peak fertility timing in a woman's life is 20, and this might continue until late 30s. Fertility troubles might even arrive at a younger age. With age, conception chances get declined, especially after 35.
Hello Doctor, About 45 days ago I physically contacted with my girl but did not do any intercourse, but satisfied each other with some other ways, even we also used condom for better security. After 8-9 days of it she got her Periods normally before one day of her monthly date. After that we did not do anything, but problem is that she is not getting her periods of this current month. Its being 4 days over of her date. Both of us are still virgin, We are scared. Is there chances of her pregnancy? Please help.
The word metabolism is the manner in which food is processed and used by the body. Metabolic syndrome is a group of conditions, which are caused due to altered metabolism. They increase the chance of developing chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity in a person.
When a person has one of these, it puts them at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome. However, lifestyle changes can help the onset of metabolic syndrome and reduce the gravity of the situation.
Factors that put you at risk of contracting a metabolic syndrome
There are 5 major risk factors, which can indicate if a person would develop a metabolic syndrome.
Increased blood sugar: If the fasting blood sugar is consistently high, it could be the early indication of diabetes.
Increased blood pressure: When the heart constantly exerts pressure to pump blood through the arteries, it can be damaging in the long run.
Excessive fat around the waistline: Fat around the belly (pear shaped body) is more harmful than fat around the hips. This abdominal obesity is an indicator of metabolic syndrome.
Abnormal cholesterol level: There are good and bad cholesterols (HDL and LDL respectively). When the HDL level is low, the chances of the heart to build plaque are increased, which can lead to heart failure, stroke, etc.
High level of triglyceride: Increased triglyceride levels also put one at a higher risk of developing metabolic syndrome.
Complications: Some of the complications of having a metabolic syndrome include hypertension, diabetes, stroke, heart failure and fatty liver. It is a complicated and vicious cycle where there is increased pressure on all the vital organs, but they are unable to perform to their optimal levels. There is a narrowing of the blood vessels due to the plaque accumulation, which slows blood flow to all organs leading to the sluggishness of the whole system.
While the bad news is that metabolic syndrome is on the rise with changing lifestyles, the good news is that with some planning and effort, it can be prevented and severity reduced. It requires discipline, commitment, and dedication.
1. Diet: Eating healthy with more of whole grains, less of red meat, loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, omega-3 fatty acids, and a heart-healthy diet can go a long way in managing the metabolism.
2. Exercise: Regular moderate exercise can help avoid accumulation of fat and burn the extra calories consumed.
3. Smoking: One should quit smoking, as it can help in many ways and helps in managing the body’s metabolism is one of them.
4. Alcohol: Avoid consuming excessive alcohol as it helps in managing body’s metabolism.
5. Stress management: Finding good ways to manage stress (be it music, meditation, yoga, or exercise) can help control harmful ways of stress management like drinking alcohol and smoking.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife is 22 years suffering from pcod. How can it may resolved. She want to conceive. What diet should be taken.
Hi, I am rswathy. I had d&c on august 8 nd still I hav bleeding on & off. Its been 1 month I am suffering from this. Some days I get high bleeding with clots. I feel so scared. What should I do now? please help me.
Bones are very essential for our overall health and movement. Though formed early in life, they constantly require adequate nutrition to manage routine wear and tear. If not done, there could be degeneration of the bone (either rapid onset or progress), which can lead to multiple changes such as limited movement, painful movement and a stooped posture.
A good balanced diet is essential for overall health, but bone health is primarily dependent on two important substances – Vitamin D and calcium.
- Calcium: This is the most important mineral in the maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Diet is the only source of calcium, and if the body does not receive adequate amounts of it, what is stored in the bones is removed, making the bones fragile and brittle and porous. This condition is known as osteoporosis. Calcium requirements differ across age and gender, and the following food items are rich sources of calcium:
- Dairy products like cheese, milk and yoghurt
- Green leafy vegetables
- Sea foods like sardines, salmon and fish
- Fortified cereals and beverages
- Calcium supplements
- Avoid aerated beverages as they impair calcium absorption.
- Vitamin D: More than calcium, the body requires vitamin D, without which calcium cannot be absorbed into the blood stream. Vitamin D is present in the gut. It is responsible for absorption of calcium and maintains serum calcium and phosphorus levels. Vitamin D is again received through a combination of sun and diet. Common sources of vitamin D include:
- Fatty fish such as tuna, salmon and mackerel
- Dairy products like cheese and milk
- Fortified products including beverages and dairy products
- Mushrooms, cereals, etc.
- Unlike calcium, Vitamin D can be produced in the system naturally when the body is exposed to sunlight. However, in people who do not receive adequate sun, supplements are also useful.
- Others: Though Vitamin D and calcium are the main components, the following are equally important for bone health.
- Phosphorus: As part of bone crystals, it is found in meat and dairy products. Phosphorus absorption is better if there is adequate vitamin D.
- Magnesium: This is responsible for bone strength. Older people may need magnesium supplements.
- Vitamin A: It is essential for normal skeletal growth and is found in liver, butter, eggs, carrots, and green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin C: It is present in citrus fruits, tomatoes, etc. and is necessary for collagen synthesis.
Tips for maintaining optimal bone health:
- Have plenty of dairy products and soft fish.
- Reduce intake of acidic foods.
- Improve alkaline food intake.
- Increase intake of antioxidants and lycopene-rich foods.
- Moderate alcohol content.
- Reduce caffeine, soda, and sodium.
- Ensure optimal weight management so there is no added pressure on the knees and ankles.
- Maintain optimal levels of physical activity to ensure mobility.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.