Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sabana MunsiYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old. I have missed my periods for about a week. I was worried if I have gotten pregnant. Please help me.
We store water in all sorts of plastic bottles, jugs or containers. It can be low grade or high grade, but plastic is plastic! This is a very harmful daily practice as plastic containers carry lot of chemicals and bacteria.
Let's see the harmful effects of drinking water in plastic bottles:
1. Harmful Substances: Apart from harmful chemicals in plastic, water when get stored in plastic bottles also produces harmful substances like fluoride, arsenic and aluminium which can be poison for human body. So, drinking water from plastic bottles would mean drinking slow poison that will slowly and steadily deteriorate your health.
2. Dioxin Production: Plastic does melt in hot environment. And we, often store water in plastic bottles while driving and so many times leave it in the car where it is in the direct exposure of sun. Such heating releases a toxin called Dioxin which when consumed can accelerate breast cancer.
3. BPA Generation: Biphenyl A is an estrogen-mimicking chemical which can lead to lot of health problems like diabetes, obesity, fertility problems, behavioural problems and early puberty in girls. It's better not to store and drink water from a plastic bottle.
4. Liver Cancer and Reduced Sperm Count: Because of presence of a chemical called phthalates in plastic, drinking water from plastic bottles can also lead to liver cancer and reduction in sperm count.
5. Vitamin-Based Bottled Water: Nowadays, we get water mostly in plastic bottles and to increase its health content, manufacturers make it vitamin-enriched to attract buyers. But this is even more harmful as it carries health-harming additives like food dyes and high fructose corn syrup.
6. Impact on immune system: Our immune system is immensely affected when we drink water in plastic bottles. The chemicals from plastic bottles are ingested and tend to disturb our body's immune system.
I hope the above reasons are enough for you to think carefully before you drink water from a plastic bottle the next time. If you need more convincing or would like to understand the effects better, feel free to ask me your query.
Also, if you found this helpful, please Share this with people you love and care for.
10 reasons to give mushroom coffee a try
1. Mushroom coffee is less acidic
Most coffee contains natural acids, which may cause heartburn and stomach upset. For those who suffer but don’t want to give up drinking their morning cup of java, switching to a low-acid coffee like mushroom coffee is a great alternative. But even those who don’t suffer from those problems can benefit, as better health often begins by helping the body become more alkaline. The acid-alkaline balance is important since many functions in the body occur only at a certain level of acidity or alkalinity. Many enzymes and chemical reactions in the body work best at a particular ph.
If you want to boost your energy naturally and even slow down the aging process, an alkaline diet is the way to go. That’s because a more acidic diet tends to take a toll on our bones and muscles the older we get. As reported by natural news, an analysis by the national institutes of health explained, “as we age, there is a loss of muscle mass, which may predispose to falls and fractures. A three-year study looking at a diet rich in potassium, such as fruits and vegetables, as well as a reduced acid load, resulted in the preservation of muscle mass in older men and women.”
2. You can enjoy your coffee in the afternoon without concern about staying awake all night
Because there is only a minimal amount of caffeine in mushroom coffee, you can enjoy a cup in the afternoon or evening without having to worry about being kept awake all night. In fact, drinking mushroom coffee is likely to encourage an even better night’s rest. It’s even been used to treat insomnia, rather than contributing to it. A study by scientists at china’s peking university in china published in february 2012 in the journal of ethnopharmacology found that ganoderma lucidum (reishi) extract induced sleep in rats that moved around freely in the test environment.
Drinking mushroom coffee can also help alleviate chronic fatigue disease, a condition that makes one feel exhausted nearly all the time.
3. Boost your immune system
On its own, coffee is loaded with antioxidants, but a mushroom coffee adds even more, providing a super-boost to your immune system. Reishi’s well-known effects for strengthening the immune system have been proven in a number of scientific studies, including a randomized, double-blind study published in the january 2009 issue of phytotherapy research. The researchers found significant improvements in the immune cell counts of cancer patients receiving chemotherapy. They noted that ganoderma lucidum improved immune function, improving patients’ ability to fight off cancer, as well as any secondary infections that could compromise their treatment and their health.
4. Lower cholesterol
Mushroom coffee may even help lower overall cholesterol, thereby, improving cardiovascular health. By signaling the liver to kick in production, the swiss nestle research center found that the herb was a “renowned medicinal species” and “inhibited cholesterol synthesis” in a 2005 study.
5. Promoting weight loss
Drinking mushroom coffee may help promote weight loss in a number of ways. In addition to being part of an alkaline diet, which naturally helps one to shed pounds, it further assists by increasing the body’s metabolism. According to the memorial sloan-kettering cancer center, ganoderma, in particular, contains active properties that can increase your metabolic rate after consumption. A higher metabolism means that your body uses more energy to digest food more efficiently, and as that energy is fuelled by breaking down fat deposits and calories in your body, it can lead to weight loss.
6. Healthier cardiovascular system
In addition to improving the health of your cardiovascular system by lowering cholesterol, mushroom coffee supports cardiovascular health by promoting blood flow while lowering oxygen consumption to the heart, as plaque can cause an early death by blocking and clogging artery walls.
7. Liver protection
Studies have found that patients with hepatitis b have improved significantly within just a month after taking reishi, one of the primary mushrooms used in mushroom coffee. After patients with elevated liver enzymes and bilirubin took the mushroom for three months, all of their values were within a healthy range, revealing that mushroom coffee may serve as a very effective liver protectant.
8. Say goodbye to urinary tract infections
Normally caused by bacteria, urinary tract infections come with very uncomfortable symptoms like cramps in the lower abdomen, painful and frequent urination, and fever. The university of maryland medical center reports that taking 150 to 300 milligrams of reishi extract two to three times per day may relieve urinary tract infections, a much welcome bit of news for those that suffer from them frequently.
9. Lowering the risk of parkinson’s disease
Parkinson’s disease is a degenerative disorder that makes it difficult to walk, balance and coordinate the body, an incurable condition that no one would wish on their worst enemy, but research has found that drinking mushroom coffee, may help to fight this disease. A study published. It may also protect against other degenerative disorders, like alzheimer’s disease.
10. Anti-inflammatory properties
Speaking of anti-inflammatory properties, laboratory tests have shown that bioactive compounds derived from reishi and other mushrooms offer powerful anti-inflammatory properties, as well as anti-tumor, anti-aging and immuno-modulatory properties. Several reishi-derived substances are also antibacterial and antiviral, exerting direct inhibitory actions against human herpes viruses, the influenza virus, and even hiv.
What this means is that, in addition to protecting against parkinson’s, maintaining a proper level of inflammation through diet and lifestyle, including consuming anti-inflammatory foods and beverages like mushroom coffee, means a lower risk of developing other diseases too.
Inflammation plays a very large part in the body’s health. When the immune system overreaches and starts attacking healthy body tissues, an overabundance of inflammation results, causing conditions like arthritis, fibromyalgia, celiac disease, irritable bowel, and more. Even for diseases that aren’t autoimmune, it tends to play a part, as the body is forced to continuously heal tissues in a given area.
Sir, My wife got pregnancy on 08/03/2016 after one month she went regular checkups then we found she got thyroid with 14.6 and she taken medicines for thyroid (thyronorm 50) and we shifted family from there. Recently we met doctor for check ups she told once check TSH and we taken that test and the result was 3.78, doctor told us take medicine same dose (thyronorm 50) my question is it reduced from 14 to 3.78 whether still continue the same dose, is it right and what your prescription please tell us.
Yes I do experience burning sensation during urinating as well blood in urine. Wht am I suffering from?
I am married since last 3 years. I was using protection earlier and since last one year we are trying for a baby. Even after 8 months of unprotected sex we were not successful in doing so. We have done medical examination and my wife is found to be healthy. I have low sperm count (6 millions per ml) and with 10% of motility. I have tried few Ayurvedic medicines but not much of benefit. Can you please advise if there is any treatment for this condition other than IVF?
I have sex with my boyfriend but when he ejaculate he feels that he left a drop inside me, but he is not sure about it. I Just wanna know am I gonna get pregnant, I had sex about 5-6 days ago. If I am gonna be pregnant how to abort that?
I am Dr A.S. Reddy. I am a gynecologist and an infertility specialist. Practicing for more than 30 years and now a professor in gynaecology in medical college. I am a psychologist and a qualified sexual medicine specialist, a certified sexologist the by American college of Sexologist.I am one of the operators in indian doctors who specialize in sexual medicine from Oxford. Lure institute of sexual and medicine is an exclusive sexual medicine clinic at Hyderabad.
At our clinic we do, we manage the sexual problems of man, woman, couples. In the men , the problems we deal with are erection problems are somebody who are not able to do sex for a good length of time , early ejaculation, somebody not able to ejaculate even after good length of time doing sex and a man not having sex desire.in addition to this routine sexual problems, which everybody deals with we specialize in assessment/ counselling of homosexuality and assessing/treating prone erection sexual problems.In woman, the lack of sexual desire and lack of response of woman at sex and woman infertility.
In addition to this things, I am a gynecologist, so in a woman, having laxity of her private parts after delivery we make it tight. A girl, unmarried, lost her virginity by whatever reason we do a recreation of the hymen to make her look like a virgin at the time of marriage. And for couples who are having psychological problems, we do psychological problems, we do psychological counseling and psychological education of the sexual processes.
But sexual problems in couples, without any disease which is of psychological origin we do a course called sex therapy. In our institute, we deal with sexual problems in a pure and professional way. Suppose somebody comes with an erection problem, we test everything. This is a machine for diagnosing erection problems. We test the narrow conduction of the penis, the blood flows into the penis and Doppler study of the penis. This is a machine for diagnosing erection problems. We deal with infertility problems, particularly specializing in male infertility problems. The computed semen analysis machines when automatically we do an exhaust to do semen study of the sample. We do with a valid report. Suppose somebody is not able to produce a sample of semen for whatever reason, they are having an artificial insemination done and are not able to give semen for examination, we use a machine called asterbater. This is helpful in people who are in treatment for infertility and for people who wanted to get a treatment for ejaculation problem.
You can contact me over lybrate or you can visit my private clinic at Hyderabad.
Cananbis Sativa is a hemp plant, which creates a variety of drugs including marijuana. This plant has an active ingredient known as THC that makes a person feel high upon ingestion. The compounds of this ingredient can also affect the way a person's body functions. Usually, high doses of this can cause potentially life threatening effects on the person. It is mostly ingested in the form of dried leaves, flowers, stems and seeds. People also mix it in vapourisers, or brew it as tea. It may also be baked as cookies.
While the physical side effects are many, smoking or ingesting this substance can also lead to many mental side effects. Let us find out more:
- Physical Side Effects: As per various medical studies, the inhalation or ingestion of Cannabis can take your heart rate to an increased level of two times its normal rate. This state can last up to three hours. Also, people who have had very high doses or suffer from this increased heart rate for a prolonged period may die due to a sudden cardiac arrest. Dizziness and shallow breathing are also a part of the side effects while dilated pupils and red eyes may also be seen. Further, a sudden spike in one's appetite and a dry mouth are some of the other side effects.
- Cravings: A person who has ingested Cannabis may experience many side effects that are on the mental and emotional side. The more mild side effects include the experience of cravings for certain types of food, as well as an increase in one's appetite where the person does not manage to keep track of what he or she is eating, and in what quantity. Also, sleeplessness and irritability may set in.
- Mind and Mood Changes: After Cannabis ingestion, the person may feel extremely happy or extremely sad. Either which ways, the patient will feel a sense of detachment as far as reality goes. While he or she may not be acutely aware of the same, the people around the patient will be able to sense this with the words and actions of the person. The patient may also experience a distorted sense of time and motion, while depression and anxiety may also set in with prolonged abuse of this drug. Short term memory impairment may also take place, which can lead to forgetfulness regarding important details. Also, random thinking and strange fears may begin to plague the person in question.
I am 22 years, woman. My last period was on 7th June and I am supposed to get period on 7th july as I had regular period cycle of 30 days, but may be like once or twice a year it gets delayed by 3-4 day, but having partial sex on 26th june, no deep intercourse happened it was just a try but no ejaculation. It didn't even last for 2 seconds, also fingered, but not sure if there is some semen on finger. My period this month was on 12th july, as it was delayed for four days as I said earlier yearly once or twice I get delay in my periods even though I had normal bleeding then but this month the first day period was normal, but the second and third day was light not even half a pad got soaked. Fourth day it was only few drops and fifth day no period happened. Prior to this I was stressed for a week also. I have no nausea, no headache, no stomach pain, no tender breasts. I am very confused if I am pregnant or got aborted by now or is it just some other reason. Please advice.
Hello, If one had sex with her girlfriend after intercourse the girl is feeling like she is pregnant in that condition what to do? She didn't want to pregnant.
Hi Doctor period khatam hone 19 din ke bad hamne sex kiya hai to ohh prgant ho sakti hai kya oska thodsa pet pain kar raha hai to period ke wajse hai ya prgency ke wajse reson badtao.
My periods are delaying so much. Because I took I pill before 20 days. I cannot see any symptoms of pregnancy in me. So pls suggest me anything because it's more than 1 n half month now.
During pregnancy my weight was 83 after the delivery my weight is 73 I want to loose it how can I loose my weight as I am feeding my baby.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.