Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Saxena
Submit a review for Dr. S SaxenaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 37 year old male we are having a problem of body pain for last one year because causes is long drive and when we move for doctor then in test my uric acid is increased but we can't get proper medicine from doctor please suggest me some more information. Problem is back pain during a driving and we can't feel no power in left hand suggest me.
For few days I was having body pain. But in last 3 days it j creased a lot that my both knees were paining and headache. And back was also paining. Went to doctor. Today. Was told that it is viral infection. Given Dolo 650. pantocid. And Taxim 250. Want to know that how days will it take to cure. I am afraid so. Is there any other tests to reveal the root cause.
I have been suffering from severe cold, fever and dry cough, head ache, body pain for more than 3 days. Whatever I eat I can feel only bitter taste. Are they due any disease or ordinary fever. How do I get cured?
Hi I an 38 and I have unbearable body pain throughout the day. When I wake up from sleep, I am exhausted. Pain felt especially in the back, shoulders and now in the calves as well. It's just s difficult to do any task, even brushing my teeth seem like a hard task. Please help.
I am 62 years old. Weight 70 kgs now after maintaining 68 kgs in the previous 2 years. My lipid profile is controlled by taking 1 stanlip 145 mg at night only for last 7 years. For a very marginal sugar level of 130 (fasting) &150 (postprandial), I take Glyciphage SR500 1 after lunch (2 PM) and 1 after dinner (9 PM). But for the above I am normal. I normally do some deskwork on my laptop, watching TV or listening to music and go to sleep after midnight. Coming to my specific problem, I feel bearable pain of 3 in a scale of 0-10. The area of pain starts from about 6 inches to my left from my naval point. If I move my left hand from that point to further left, the pain area extends to another 6 inches or so. The pain exists not on the outer skin surface but approx from one cm from the outer skin inside the slightly hard flesh/muscle. There is zero pain my right side. And completely No pain on the back side if my move my fingers further parallel to the ground, on to my back. When I press with my fingers gently the pain increases to 5 of10. I feel the pain while I turn in the bed. When I sleep turning with my left (pain) portion down and do not move, the pain is not felt. The pain started 72 hours back at around 9 am and continues till now. It is uniform pain of 3 of 10 and has not increased. I do not know what caused it. I remember 2 days before the pain started that when I was moving in the scooter slowly, put my left foot down firmly to stop the vehicle apart from applying the breaks with one pillion. But that was very mild and I doubt if that can be the reason. While working for long hours sitting before laptop, I almost do not feel the pain. Kindly clarify to me the cause of pain for about 72 hours, pls give me a remedy without prescribing a series of medicines or going to doctor immediately. Pls give simple remedies to try and start with. I as a layman, also feel that the pain may just go away naturally in another day or two. I may be right or wrong. Awaiting your response.
Namaskar sir, me kuch dino se running ker rha hu aur ab 3-4 din milk k sath andura mass v use kiya to 1-2 din se mera pet foola foola lag raha h aur aj puri body me dard bhi ho raha h to please sir aap kuch advise de aur please sir hindi me ans dena. Thank you.
My pain appears from right side of my forehead and it go through chicks to chin, nerve swell inside mouth of right and left chicks and the pain also go through back side of neck. Please diagnosed my problem?
There are numerous people worldwide who suffer from chronic pain. The experience can be quite annoying and painful, not only for the affected person but also for their loved ones and family members. Coping with the situation can be quite a challenge. Chronic pain can leave a person physically as well as emotionally exhausted. Thus, proper management is needed to deal with the situation better.
Causes of chronic pain
Chronic pain can be due to numerous reasons such as
- Use of wrong footwear (especially high heels in case of women).
- Injury due to rigorous and strenuous exercise.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits, poor posture.
- Chronic pain can also result from a traumatic injury.
- Medical conditions such as Fibromyalgia (a condition characterized by muscular pain, especially in the shoulder and neck region), AIDS, Cancer, Arthritis (Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis), Multiple sclerosis, to name a few, can give rise to chronic pain. Obese people are at a greater risk of suffering from chronic pain.
- In some people, incorrect sleeping posture and the wrong choice of sleeping mattress can cause chronic pain.
- With age, a person is likely to suffer from chronic pain (age related problems and disorders).
The effectiveness of the treatment depends on the severity as well as the factors responsible for the chronic pain.
- Medications such as NSAID (Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs), Tylenol, provide relief in case the pain is not very severe.
- In severe cases, doctors may recommend the use of corticosteroid injection as well as powerful painkillers such as Fentanyl, Lortab or Roxicet.
- Certain antidepressants and antianxiety drugs such as Duloxetine and Valium respectively may also be used to improve the condition.
- Physiotherapy and Bioelectric therapy (the bioelectric therapy works by blocking the pain messages or signals to the brain, thereby relieving the pain) also bear fruitful results.
In addition to the above treatment and medications, certain changes and modifications in lifestyle habits can also help to cope with the chronic pain better.
- People with chronic pain should avoid stress, anxiety, and depression as much as they can. These are nemesis that can aggravate the pain further. Meditation, yoga, breathing exercise, are great stress busters and mood enhancers.
- Obesity is one of the underlying factors responsible for chronic pain. Maintain a healthy body weight. Eat healthy and nutritious diet, exercise regularly (even if it is only for 30 minutes). For obese people with chronic pain, rigorous exercise can prove to be harmful. Indulge in light to moderate exercise. Seek an expert help if necessary.
- Do not compromise on your sleep. Sound sleep can work wonders for the chronic pain. Follow a healthy sleeping routine.
- Refrain from smoking and drinking. These can make the situation worse.
- Gentle massages can help relieve the pain to some extent. Again, it is advised to seek an expert guidance.
- Alternate medications like Chiropractic and Acupuncture have helped many patients with chronic pain.
- Avoid doing very strenuous physical activities.
- Join a support group. You will not only feel better but will also be able to deal with the situation better.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!