Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S S Nandi
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. S S NandiYour feedback matters!
My feet get numb and severe tingling sensation. I hav diabetes avg 200. My leg hold me from daily office job. Guide please.
Hi , One of my relative who admitted in CCU. In this situation Dr. Told that we need MRI for sure to take further write step. But MRI is a lengthy process, without O2 he cannot survive in this situation. They talked about only want the brain X-ray report. My question to u. Without O2 MRI is possible or not. If possible then how. Ia there other possibility to collect x ray report for brain. And what about the CT Scan process. If you answer this I shall obilige to u.
What is migraine? Whenever I feel headache that becomes irresistible and uncontrolled until I would take any painkiller specially combiflam. If I ignore it for some time, the feeling of nausea and vomiting added. Is it in a symptom of migraine?
I have a friend who is 22 yrs age but has brain developed of 10 years age. He is physically sound but has no social understanding and doesn't have quest for study. The patient has been taken to AIIMS and other special hospital as well but with no good. Please suggest where the should the patient be taken considering age. Thanks for the help.
Hello doctor. Patient is suffer from brain stroke and age is 78 years old. I would like to know what are the recovery chances.
My sister is suffering from Hashimoto encephalitis. Currently the seizures are under control with the use of prednisone steroid tablet. Could you please advise if any alternative for prednisone is available in homeopathy?
My bro suffering from parkinson treatment ie going on doctor gave celemetrol injection ,what more treatment can give him.
A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well. Some patients have also complained about light sensitivity while others have also complained about pain in all areas of the head.
Some of the factors that separate a migraine from a normal headache are as follows:
While a headache may last at best a day, migraines may last longer, sometimes even up to 3 days.
- Feelings of nausea or actual vomiting
- Sensitivity to light
- Extreme sensitivity to changes in sound
Causes Behind Migraines
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
- Hormonal changes in the body that may have adverse effects
- Dehydration is also known to trigger migraines
- Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body
- Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraines to appear
- Lack of sleep
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy
Migraine is treated in homeopathy by attacking the root causes that may trigger them. Rather than temporarily alleviating pain, homeopathic treatments aim at curing the problem completely.
Some of the medicines that are known to be effective are:
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Sanguinaria: Is highly effective for situations where the migraine is on the right side of the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.