Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. S. Nandi RayYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fever and cold I have throat infection my joints are paining please help me and give me effective suggestion.
I am suffering from severe gastric problem. My throat is burning and pain in the chest and suffocation. Please help.
My right is blocked from morning due to congestion what cure should I take now to open my ear again.
I am smoker since past 2 years, 1 day back I feel some irritation in my throat, next day it became sever and now its soo painful. Its panning on the both side but major pain is on right side of throat.
22 age male. I have redish follicles in pharynx for last 3 month. Some time history of constipation. In winter mostly throat infection occur. I already complete course of antibiotics. Amoxicilin and gargle. Not relief. What I have to do?
He eats 3 cubs ice and sometimes blood occur from his nose so what is the reason and we should do his age is 5 years male.
Whenever I take bath in hot water I feel like dizzy on whole day .is it a serious problem do I want to consult a specialist.
I am a 35 years old male and I am suffering from bad cough in upper nose part above nostril and mouth, my throat always remains full of cough and get filled immediately once I clear it. It also cause a swear pressure in my eyes and head, due to which my mind become tired and also have a lot of fatigue and tiredness in my body. I was also operated for sinus in 2013. Please advise how to get well.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.