Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Manna
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. S MannaYour feedback matters!
Since two days my rt feet n ankle is swollen n pain too. The pain sometimes radiates to knee. please let m know reason n cure.
Both my feet's getting numbness very frequent & feeing like walking on soft mattress.Please help me in this regard
I have pain in left shoulder for 2-3 years ,on movement, not always ,One ultra sonography report says as follows :--- HRUSG OF LEFT SHOULDER * Left Supra-spinatous tendon is bulky and shows ill-defined hyopechoic areas suggestive of partial tear. * Bicipital Tendon is normal in morphology. It is normal in position. No evidence of peritendinous fluid. * Sub-scapularis & lnfra-spinatous appear normal. * Joint space appears normal. * Muscles around Shoulder joint appear normal. A doctor suggested pain killer tablet and spray which I use when required. Can you ,please, suggest me a permanent solution?
I am 70 yrs young presently suffering from back pain whih radiates to rt hip. Earlier in 2010 I had severe attack of sciatica in lt leg which was treated with gepapentin 75 mg and mv plus physiotherapy ift and back exercises. Now the present problem started in 2010 and taking all type of treatment and physiotherapy no improvement. Mri show degeneration of disc. I use to feel pain in rt hip while waking but now it is there even while I sit. Consulted neouro surgeon as well as physio and took treatment as suggested but no improvement. Can you help me please.
Sir I have pain in my back. One year ego in MRI L. S. SPINE 2D STUDY FOLLOWING IMPRESSION WAS FOUND. .1. L4/5 inter-vertebral disc shows subtotal dessication with diffuse disc bulge and bilateral posture -lateral predominance with bilateral facet joints arthrosis, causing thecal sac indentation and mild indentation of bilateral exiting nerve root at the level of L4/5 .2. No infective focus. The medicine 1-indocap-sr 2-Rezole-20 tab And Depomedral injection Was run for five month along with exercise. And I completely well. But one month ego the pain at same place started again. The pain increase after sitting 2 or 3 hours of sitting. SUGGEST ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO NOW.
Meri wife ka operation se bachha hua hai. Ek saal ho chuke hain Aksar kamar me dard rahta hai Ultrasound kiya to left kidney me four. Six mm ki stone hai. Jiski homeopathy ki dawa chal rahi hai Sir mujhe kamar drad k liye kuch oil ya spray bataye.
Gout is a type of arthritis that causes inflammation, usually in one joint, that begins suddenly.
Gouty arthritis is caused by the deposition of crystals of uric acid in a joint.
Gout can cause symptoms and signs such as
Nodules under the skin called tophi,
- Joint redness,
- Swollen joints,
- Joint pain,
- The warmth of the joint.
The most reliable method to diagnose gout is to have fluid removed from an inflamed joint and examined under a microscope for uric acid crystals.
The primary dietary goal for gout is to limit your intake of foods with high amounts of purine in them. Ideally, you will have little or no foods that are high in purine and only small amounts of those with moderate amounts of purine.
Foods considered high in purine content include:
- Some fish, seafood and shellfish, including anchovies, sardines, mackerel, scallops, herring, mussels, codfish, trout, and haddock
- Some meats such as bacon, turkey, veal, venison, liver, beef kidney, brain, and sweetbreads
- Alcoholic beverages
Foods considered moderate in purine content include:
- Meats such as beef, veal, poultry, pork, and lamb
- Crab, lobster, oysters, and shrimp
- Vegetables such as asparagus, spinach, green peas, mushrooms, and cauliflower
- Kidney beans, lentils, and lima beans
Your other goals will be to:
- Lose weight if you are overweight: make sure that you do this slowly because fast weight loss will actually increase the uric acid levels in your blood.
- Drink plenty of fluids: this can help with removing uric acid from your blood. Be sure to limit fluids with caffeine and/or calories; water and seltzer are the best choices.
- Increase your low-fat dairy intake: there has been some research that has shown that those who drink low-fat milk or consume low-fat yogurt have lower uric acid levels than those who do not.
- Keep your fruit and vegetable intake up: you may get a reduction in your uric acid levels by having fruit, such as cherries, and vegetables (those that are not sources of purine), as part of your diet.
- Chronic gout is treated using medications that lower the uric acid level in the body.
- Left untreated, gout can cause irreversible joint damage, kidney problems, and tophi.
- Triggers for gout attacks include surgery, dehydration, beverages sweetened with sugar or high fructose corn syrup, beer, liquor, red meat, and seafood.
- Cherries may help prevent gout attacks.