Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S K Roy
Submit a review for Dr. S K RoyYour feedback matters!
Some time pain is coming in both side of shoulders-blade. Some time coming in one side. If try bend neck towards down and tried touch chest. Some pain is coming in my body below neck.Please tell.
I am having pain on the left side where the rib cage is joining and pain is like some is pinning from inside and the pain strike when I start working on laptop in sleeping position, ut us occurring from three days in the starting I just supposed it was a heart pain due to blood pressure changements ,so sir/mam please help me.
She has whole body pain special in the morning and throughout day. Her uric acid level is 5.9 she has whole body shifting pain. Her haemoglobin is 9.5 please tell me her treatment. Thanks.
My brother having viral fever we consulted to a Dr. He is taking medicine on time but the issue he is feeling very low even can't walk properly having body ache .neither eating nor talk with anyone. My question is what I can give him to eat so tht he will get well soon? Suggest best thanks in advance.
I am feeling very tired since 2 days and also having some cough and cold and sometime body pain What should I do. Please help me.
While injuries of any form can be painful, burn injuries are one of the worst to suffer from. While cuts and bruises can be temporarily assuaged with a proper dressing, burns are quite different in this regard. With burns, the damaged tissues will stay on the body and may cause continuous pain. Thus, burn injuries are difficult to treat and they require different strategies for pain management as well.
Treatment methods available for treating pain arising due to burn injuries
- Apply an anesthetic cream or aloevera gel to soothe the burnt skin. Avoid exposing the skin to air as that will cause painful sensations.
- Loose gauze or antibiotic ointment must be used to protect the influenced area.
- Soak the burnt area wound in cold water for about five minutes or more.
- If the burn escalates or affects a widespread area, seek medical attention immediately.
Pain management factors for burn injuries:
- Relaxation: During the phase of recovery, burn injuries put immense stress on your body and continue for a long period. Muscle tension is caused by stress that increases pain. Some relaxation techniques are proven to be beneficial to reduce the stress on body.
- Coping with your pain: Different people have different ways to cope with physical discomfort. Look out for situational aspects which are currently under your control and take it positively. The ‘what ifs’ or wishing that the burn didn’t occur in the first place will not help with your current situation. You should focus on things what you can control like self-rehabilitation, doing your daily exercises, physical therapy treatment or following a doctor’s suggestion of pain management strategies. This will help you cope with your pain to a greater extent.
- Sleep medications: If your normal sleep routine is hampered, consult your physician for safe sleep medications. Proper sleep is very important for the healing process and even more so in the case of burn related injuries.
- Antidepressants: Some people may not be suffering from depression, but they might still need antidepressants for relief and sound sleep. A health care provider might prescribe antidepressants as a way to deal with acute pain from burn injuries.
- Increase the pace of your activities: If you want to rebuild your health and stamina and get back in form soon, focus on the regular physical and mental activities. Exercise regularly, but don’t push yourself too much. Increase your physical activities gradually over time. Unless and until you are fully comfortable, don’t strain yourself too much. Occupational and physical therapists can help you with an appropriate activity program. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Simple ways to control leg pain.
Get up and stretch the leg muscles.
Learn strengthening exercises to build muscle strength.
Do moderate exercise and walk daily for 30 minutes.
Keep good posture when sitting for prolong periods.
Join a community yoga or stretching class.
Check with doctor immediately to find root cause, If pain persists for more than few days or you notice any numbness or tingling.