Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. S K MajumdarYour feedback matters!
I am 13 years old boy. I am suffering from eye redness, etching, discharge, rainbow.from last 1 years. My Iop also fluctuate. I have take so many medicine like acupat, occugel,gdfresh, lotepred,beipos, lotel,lotelfored, entrak (eye ointment. At this time acupat is continuing and eye is in not a well condition and felling rainbow. I want to stop this medicine so get me better advice.
Iam suffering from red eye problem. Please kindly suggest some medicine regarding to this problem. Thanks.
My 4 month old lab puppy have red eyes what can I do he eats lots of things from outside like mud etc.
Even something as small as an eyeball, has multiple parts within it. The retina at the back of the eye ball is responsible for the clarity of vision. The central area of the retina is known as the macula. Macular degeneration is the deterioration of this part of the retina. Macular degeneration is age related and considered an incurable condition. People suffering from macular degeneration experience blurred vision, black spots and may eventually lose central vision while retaining peripheral vision.
There are two types of macular degeneration; wet and dry. The dry form of this disease is more common than its wet form. Of these, the latter causes more serious vision loss. Dry macular degeneration leads to white or yellow deposits on the retina leading to further degeneration. In the wet form of this disease, blood vessels beneath the retina start growing towards the macula and may pull it away from the base when they break or leak fluid.
There are three stages of age related macular degeneration (AMD).
- Early AMD
This is diagnosed by the presence of deposits on the retina. In most cases, ether is no vision loss at this stage but regular check-ups are essential.
- Intermediate AMD
A comprehensive eye exam will show the presence of larger deposits or pigment changes in the retina. At this stage, slight vision loss may be experienced.
- Late AMD
People suffering from late AMD have noticeable vision loss.
Though this disease is linked to aging, the exact triggers for macular degeneration are unknown. It is understood to be a combination of hereditary and environmental factors. The presence of certain genes and their variants has been associated with a number of cases of this disease. Studies also show that caucasions are at the highest risk of suffering from this disease. Depriving cells in the retina of oxygen can also increase a person's risk of contacting this disease. Other risk factors for this disease are obesity, smoking, high blood pressure and a light eye colour. The side effects of certain drugs can also induce this condition.
Macular degeneration is considered to be incurable but certain forms of treatment can improve vision and slow down the rate of deterioration. Treatment prescribed by a doctor depends on stage of the disease and whether it is wet or dry. Studies suggest that a diet rich in omega 3 fatty acids can prevent AMD and lower the risk of its progression.
My eyes are watering so much, since 3 years. It is looks like crying, I am very much irritated with this problem. I am 16 years boy. Please give a solution for this?
What if the mobile has the features of reading mode on which turns screen yellowish which feels better to eyes.
Is there any permanent damage / side effects associated with lasik laser surgery for correction of vision ?
Suddenly my eye started itching and itching is around left corner at the bottom of the eye and after sometime its paining. I have my university exams having now. Can anyone suggest me some eye drops without any kind of side effects please.
I am suffering from RP. Can you help me if RPE 65 Gene therapy can cure my disease. please guide me sir.
Dr. I have allergies, and my eyes are affected the most, they, re puffy, red and itchy. What can I do?
I want to get a laser operation of my eyes to remove the spects. I am 26 year old . I want to know about if their are any disadvantages of this operation or any side effects later on.
Sir my friend regularly complaints about his eye pain and he is very worried about that. Please tell me a solution.
Doc. Iam about 21yrs. I hav red eyes. May be it came from my dad. As his jeans. So I would like to reduce it. Even my friends asks me r you drunk. But I dnt wana expect those type of words from any one. Will you please help me. To reduce it. By this I may can cure from it. Thank you.
I am asking this question for my mother, before cataract surgery for my mother some tests have been done, in that she got all results normal except HBSAG positive, what should I do now,
About a year ago, I got hit in my left eye with a ball while playing cricket. I used to have headaches before that too, but after that incident, the headaches when occurred, affect mostly in the left part of the head including the eye area. When there is no headache, I feel fine. What should I do.
Hi my mother has retinal detachment causes. She got one operation in First week of Feb. With Vitrectomy Method putting silicon gel. Now doctor is again ask to get operation to remove Silicon Gel for eye. I want to ask does both the operation are chargeable or second is free though we have already paid for First operation. Can you tell me the approx. Cost for this operation. Thanks.
Your eyes are one of the most significant of all the sense organs since it allows you to see things around you. It is essential to take good care of your eyes. But, many lack an awareness on ocular care. Read on to know a few lifestyle habits that will help in maintaining a good ocular hygiene thus ensuring normal vision.
Ensure your ocular hygiene with these healthy lifestyle habits
- Balanced diet: Eating right and maintaining a healthy diet does not just go for your overall health but your eye health as well. While carrots are good for your health, eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables offer the minerals and nutrients necessary for maintaining healthy eyesight. Dark leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale are especially good for eye health. Moreover, eating fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna or salmon is very beneficial for maintaining proper eyesight.
- Right body weight: Body weight is indirectly related to eye health. An individual must maintain proper body weight since being overweight leads to health problems like diabetes and blood pressure. A person with diabetes is at risk of deteriorating eye sight caused by diabetic eye disease or glaucoma. If you have problems with weight maintenance, consult a health expert and seek professional guidance.
- Ocular hygiene: Maintaining ocular hygiene has become very important these days. Due to the level of pollution and germs around us, certain preventive measures need to be taken to prevent eye infections. People who play sports or perform other physical activities should wear protective eyewear. Wear safety goggles while swimming and make sure you wear polycarbonate eye gear if you play sports such as squash. These lenses are 10 times stronger than usual plastic and are available in protective eyewear stores as well as sporting goods stores.
- Quit smoking: Never take up smoking and if you already have then you better quit it as soon as possible. Just like for the rest of your body, smoking is very harmful to your eyesight as well. Research has proven that smoking causes severe macular degeneration, cataract and optic nerve damage in aging people. Over time, this can lead to permanent blindness.
- Protect your eyes: Sunglasses are not just meant for style, they also protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. While purchasing sunglasses, make sure the ones you purchase block out 99-100% UV-A and UV-B rays. Moreover, it is vital to give your eyes rest. If you work on the computer or watch TV, it is advised to look away from the screen for around 20 seconds in every 20 minute time interval. It is vital to get sufficient sleep as well.
Most of these tips may sound simple, but they are highly effective and can help avoid eye problems completely. And don’t forget to get your routine eye check-up done as well. All that is required is to incorporate these basic lifestyle changes to protect the amazing part of your body, your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.