Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S K ChakravertyYour feedback matters!
Alternative for braces? I'm 20, and mainly concerned about alignment. Anything priced under Rs. 10000.
Hello sir, I am 21 years old. From the last few months i am facing the bad breath problem. I tried many thing for getting rid from this but nothing works. I also do brush twice a day. Can you give me any advice what I should do?
I couldn't able to eat ice cream and even couldn't drink chilled water because of sensitivity of my teeth what should I do to get rid of this? please advice.
Hi, I have sensitivity problem in my teeth. Everytime I take some cold thing or sweet, my tooth aches. Can you please suggest me what treatment should I go for? Should I go for scaling as I have never gone for it till yet. Thanks in advance.
Good evening sir/madam. I am 19 years old and I am smoking since 3 years. I want to know how will smoke effect if Someone has great immunity. From 2 years past My mouth has attacked by tiny odd wrinkles below my tongue and at the right side of the tongue and the area where corner teeth are present. I have consulted this to doctor twice they said that it is normal need not to worry. But it feels the presence of wrinkles. Can I show these wrinkles to you? Thanks and answer about that immunity question .
Dry mouth me recovery ke kitne % chance hote hai. Me 4 maah se paresan hu maleria ke ilaj me teeth or jabda bhut tej dard hua tha. Iske vajah se to yah samsya to nahi hui please tell.
My third upper molar on left side was paining and a root canal process was done in 2003 at Trivandrum. Later the same molar developed pain. Another doctor in Columbia Asia, Bangalore refixed it. Again in 2013 same molar developed pain. I visited three Dentists. All of them say that the root canal fixing is perfect. But I still have pain. Please advise. -Sunil Vasudevan, 56, Male - Gurgaon, Delhi NCR
Its been more than a week I have severe pain in my jaws. Tried all home remedies but no use. Please suggest what to do ?
I am 53 years of age. In the night i chew my teeth on regular basis. What is the reason and what is the cure
Oil pulling includes gargling oil around the mouth like a mouthwash. During oil pull you put a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and then rinse it around for 15 to 20 minutes. The advantage of doing this is, it decreases the measure of unsafe bacteria in the mouth. The microscopic organisms in the mouth create a biofilm on the teeth a thin layer that they use to stick to the surface. This is what we call ‘plaque’.
Having some plaque on your teeth is only normal. Yet, when it gets out of hand, it can bring about a wide range of issues, including bad breath, yellow teeth, gum aggravation, gingivitis and cavities. The way oil pulling works is basic. When you are gargling oil around your mouth, the bacteria get stuck in it and break down in the fluid oil.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for the procedure:
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth. Natural sesame oil is generally used in oil pulling. It is also okay to go with natural coconut oil.
- Rinse for around 20 minutes. The oil will get thicker and smooth as it blends with the saliva during this time and it should to be velvety white while releasing. It will be twofold in volume during this time because of the salivation. It can be difficult to gargle for the full 20 minutes, but it is very effective.
- Spit the oil into a dustbin in case you have a septic framework. Do not spit into the sink. The oil may thicken and clog the pipes. Try not to swallow the oil as it is ideally full of bacteria, poisons and discharge that are currently not in the mouth.
- Wash well with warm water. Warm water will clean the mouth better. Rinse a couple times with warm water to get any residual oil out of the mouth. A few sources prescribe washing with warm salt water.
- Brush well. Try to brush with a brushing blend to ensure any bacteria that still remains, is killed.
Some of the most common benefits of oil pulling are as follows:
- Can reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth: Streptococcus mutans is one of the principle bacteria in the mouth and a key player in plaque development and tooth decay.
- Can reduce plaque and gingivitis: Gingivitis is caused by aggravation of the gums and happens when the immune system begins attacking the microbes in the plaque.
- Can reduce bad breath: Bad breath, also called halitosis, is caused by the scent of chemicals and gasses delivered by the bacteria in the mouth.
It hurts right side when I swallow saliva. Do not know it hurts in throat or chest. What is this please tell? Is it a serious problem?
Hi I am having mouth ulcers frequently. I dont take any kind of junk foods. What are the measures to control them.
I am suffering from dental problem. An extra tooth becoming my problem which I saw suddenly started growing at the end of my teeth n gum and thats why the tooth before that started isolated from gum and blood is coming from there. How can I recover my gum n stop blood?
My upper front two teeth were broken during childhood and the new ones which grew have a visible gap between them. I want to get the gap removed/reduced. How much will it cost approximately and how much time it will take if I go for it.
What can do for yellow teeth and a bad smell from mouth remains after brush? How can I reduce this problem?
The treatment to save and repair a badly infected or damaged tooth is known as Root Canal Treatment. The backbone of the procedure includes removal of the pulp which is the damaged region of the tooth, disinfecting and cleaning the pulp and finally sealing the area. The common problems that affect the pulp are a deep cavity, cracked tooth, pain or recurring dental treatment. The nerve of a tooth is not absolutely important for tooth’s functioning and health after it has emerged through the gums. Its only purpose is sensation – whether an item is hot or cold. It is not required for daily functioning.
Damage to the pulp or nerve tissue of a tooth can break it down and cause bacterial growth which in turn leads to an infection and an abscessed tooth. The abscess is a pocket that is filled with pus which is formed at the base of the roots of the tooth. Additionally, infection at the root canal can cause:
1. Loss of bone at the tip of the root.
2. Swelling that might spread to other areas of the face and body
A typical root canal treatment, which happens over a few office visits, involves the following steps:
1. X-Ray: In case you need root canal treatment, X-rays might be taken or previous X-rays could be checked in order to locate the area of decay.
2. Anaesthesia: Administration of local anaesthesia is administered to the infected tooth.
3. Pulpectomy: The diseased tooth is removed by making an opening at the area.
4. Filling: The opened roots are filled using gutta-percha material and sealed off using cement.