Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S. J. Baig
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S. J. BaigYour feedback matters!
Sir I always drink milk at night, I drink at least 3-4 litre of water. But still I have dark circles, my face looks very dull. I get very tired when I go out. But my friends they remain active though they work same hours as me please suggest me some cream to apply which will be effective but not so expensive. My skin is dry and dull.
I'm suffering from (heat) boils on my head what would be the best remedy to her rid of it. Because of which I couldn't even sleep at night. Please help me over it.
How to get a clean face with a white skin tone and get rid off the spots on the face .is facial or clean up is the good option.
My skin colour was changed because of roaming here & there pls tell what should I do to improve my skin tone.
I am 29 years old male, I have excess hair and hyper pigmentation on my face, please kindly suggest what type of treatment better my problem.
- A callus (tyloma) is a thickening of the skin that occurs in response to excessive, repeated shear or friction forces, commonly due to constant rubbing of the skin. Calluses are similar to corns, but calluses occur when abnormal forces are exerted over a larger area. Certain deformities of the feet, such as crookedness of the toes, may predispose to the development of calluses. Calluses may cause pain, typically a burning sensation. Excessive weight bearing and certain types of shoes are often contributing factors u.
- Calluses may occur in all people with the exception of non-weight-bearing infants.
Signs and symptoms
Calluses are most frequently located on the feet and sometimes on the hands. They usually are located next to bony prominences.
- Avoidance of the repetitive forces causing calluses, such as altering shoe style, is the best method of prevention. Gentle paring with an emery board or a pumice stone may help to decrease the thickened skin. A soft fabric, such as felt, should be applied after paring to protect the underlying skin. Or, shoe pads that go inside your shoes should be used to help relieve the pressure so foot calluses can heal.
- Calluses do not require medical intervention, but seek evaluation if they become bothersome. Diabetics should pay careful attention to their feet given the risk of development of diabetic ulcers on the feet.
I am feeling problem with my foot as skin of my foot is getting pealed off and foot skin is dry.Please do help
Laparoscopic surgery is also called keyhole surgery or minimally invasive surgery. In traditional method of surgery, large incision is a major post-operative side-effect which results in longer recovery period. The alternative technique, laparoscopy also known as minimally invasive surgery or keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical procedure in which small incisions of about 0.5-1.5 cm are made far from the location of the operation.
Laparoscopic surgeries cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely. However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of Laparoscopic surgery.
- Anesthesia-related complications: To prevent anesthesia-related complications during Laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, anti-emetics are followed in the pre-operative state.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the medical staff concerned. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.