Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. S.GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am continually reading 8 hrs a day for exam. My spectacle 2.50 (left) 2.75 (right) my both eye is irritating and some reddish wat should I do?
A home-Adie pupil Any new information about dry eyes? Blocked nose and eyes ? what can I do? Can anything be done about my droopy eyelid? Can anything help with puffy eyes? Corneal dystrophy Has my grandson got glaucoma? Help for meibomian.
Sir meri me glucoma hai jiske karan meri eye week hai koi rosani increase krane ke liye bataye please.
Sir/Mam, I am 17 years old I have eye side about (-2.5D) problem what should be do for avoiding grow much weaker eyes? Mam please provide a specific health chart.
I'm 21 years old and I have 1.25 number on my both eyes, I don't like to wear spex, it is okay to do operation to remove now? Or I wait for more 1, 2 years.
when I look at long distance light source at night its sparkling. what is the reason of this problem?
I have red eyes over 3 days including body pain and what should I do to avoid farts unnecessary because I have a healthy diet I don't understand why does it happens?
I can't able to see the objects clearly with my left eye, what is its solution? pls help me. And why such problems occur? will it affect more to my eye?
I have red eyes for over few 3 days. What should I do? And I also have pain on my eyes. So please say me what should I do?
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath
Related Tip: Improve your eyesight - 5 Top foods to eat?