Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I have been suffering from tooth ache since 3 months near the jaw location many of the doctors confirmed that it was wisdom teeth. The pain was unbearable so please give the suggestion whether I have to remove it completely or use any capsules. thanks you.
Hi, I have a problem with my mouth, like i' m getting bad breath from many year' s. Where as I have been repeatedly consulting with dentists the say my gums is good, even the teeth is healthy. Also I brush my teeth daily 3 times. After every meal I do goggle. Also once in 3 days I do goggle with salt water. In spite of all exercise I have bad breath. There after I had consulted with one of the senior doctor he took the x ray of my mouth and chest. He said everything is fine. Also he advised me to take pylokit tablets for 2 months. I could feel some thing better. But once the course got completed again same bad breath. Please advise me what to do.
Sir from last months I have some itching and little pain in my tongue. There is little hill like structure on the below of my tongue. Sir what is the treatment for it.
My teeth changes colour sometimes they are yellowish white and some times they are blackish yellow they are looking so bad what I can do in this condition.
Yesterday Ifelt a mild pain in my molar but it went away in a couple of minutes, there is no cavity and I am past my wisdom tooth age. Should I see a dentist or let it be.
Hello doctor, I am having white patchy lesions in my mouth which us responsible increased sensitivity towards spicy food and I'm not able to eat even little spicy foods. Some doctors said that it is oral lichen planus. But it is auto immune disorder and can't be treated. Pls help with proper medications and prevention.
Good morning. I have ulcers problem. Due to which there is a continiuos leakage of some water like liquid from my mouth. I asked some doctors but they did not gave me satisfactory answer. I want to know what are the causes and how to overcome this problem.Thank you.
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.