Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Das
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S DasYour feedback matters!
Hello, I do not wanna use condom while having sex but also I do not wanna be papa and my wife also do not want to be mother soon so for that what we have to do?
Beetroot juice peena pregnancy me risk Hain? I mean during pregnancy beetroot juice is risky? Pregnancy me beetroot juice peeya ja skta hain ya nhi? Pregnency me beet juice peene ka fayda?
I am having hypothyroidism but since 1 year it's understands range. I suffer from irregular periods. But from last 3 months it's cycle was normal. Again this month it didn't come. My gynae had done ultrasound and found everything ok. Only she suggested me to exercise daily. But why this problem still persists?
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease.
Natural Supplements for a Healthy Penis
When it comes to maintaining a healthy penis, as well as overall health, the prostate gland plays an enormous role. In fact, prostate health is directly tied to a whole host of penis issues, such as erectile dysfunction, penis pain and other problems, as well as the dreaded prostate cancer. That's why excellent penis care isn't just about the penis itself, but about other parts of a man's reproductive system as well, including the prostate.
Scientists have looked for numerous options that might help men avoid or overcome prostate cancer. The good news is that there are certainly some medications that work, as well as some natural remedies. These natural supplements are known to help improve outcomes for men with prostate cancer, and they are great for those who simply want to protect against it as well.
1) White Button Mushroom Extract. White button mushrooms are very common, and it turns out they are a powerhouse of healing for prostate cells. Studies have shown that the extract slows the growth of cancer cells, as well as decreases tumor size in men who already have prostate cancer.
2) Sang Huang Mushroom Extract. A not-so-common mushroom, the extract has proven to be quite powerful indeed. When injected into mice, scientists found that the extract reduced the rate of cancer growth and diminished the size of the existing tumors.
3) African Plum Tree Bark Extract. Sometimes a man will have an enlarged or inflamed prostate well before he has any problems with prostate cancer. This extract does a great job of reducing that enlargement. In addition, mice that were fed a compound that included this extract had a much-reduced incidence of prostate cancer compared to those who didn't receive the extract.
Of course, there are many other things a man can do to help ensure the most healthy penis possible. Lifestyle choices play a huge role. A guy should pursue an active sex life to help ensure that he keeps his prostate in tip-top shape, but when he is pursuing that with a partner, he should take care to use proper protections. He should also look to his overall health, such as avoiding habits like drinking, smoking and eating unhealthy foods, as each of these could contribute to the incidence of prostate cancer in their own way.
A man should also make sure to get medical checkups every year, including prostate exams when he is of an age that requires them. Though a prostate exam might seem uncomfortable and embarrassing, it is really the only way to spot problems well before they become serious issues - and as most men know, prostate cancer has a number of very effective treatments as long as it is caught early. Prostate exams allow that to happen.
Finally, a man can turn to other types of supplements to keep his body, overall health and penis health in good shape. If he isn't getting enough vitamins and nutrients from his diet, he can look to supplements to help support nutritional health. He can also turn to supplements to aid with other health issues, such as vitamin C when fighting a cold or fish oil for joint aches.
When it comes to penis health, a guy can turn to topical supplements found in a high-quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). He should look for only all-natural ingredients, such as Shea butter, vitamin E, amino acids, and other nutrients for better health, such as vitamins D, C and B5. These important ingredients can help keep the penis skin healthy.
Pregnancy test negative. Right ovarian cyst36*16*17 mm. Once took meprate for withdrawal bleed n nxt month progesterone injections for withdrawal bleed, this month also missed my menses.
Early signs of pregnancy usually resemble the side effects you may encounter just before and during your monthly menstruation cycle. Therefore, you might not realise that you are pregnant. You need to realise that different things other than being pregnant might bring about these signs. So the way that you see some of these signs does not really mean you are pregnant. The best way to tell without a doubt is with a pregnancy test.
However, here are a few signs:
- Sore breasts: This is an extremely common pregnancy sign. The breast tissue is to a great degree hormone sensitive. Whenever progesterone and hCG begin flooding the body after the egg is prepared, they tend to increase your blood volume, which makes your breasts swell and feel heavier than regular.
- Cramps: You may feel crampy like you have or are going to get your period. However, this pregnancy sign is really activated by implantation. When the fertilised egg connects to the uterine wall, the uterus might extend a little to prepare for its growth throughout the following nine months.
- Spotting: Numerous women mix up some light bleeding for a period, yet more than twenty-five percent will spot during fertilisation. In case that you see that your period appears to be way shorter or different in relation to a regular one, it might be an indication of pregnancy.
- Weakness: If everything you want to do at work is sleep or in case you are excessively tired, making it impossible to stay awake during the day, then it might be one of the soonest indications of pregnancy. Indeed, even at this early phase of pregnancy, the fetus is beginning to go through your calories, which can wipe out your energy very soon.
- Nipple darkening: Pregnancy hormones additionally influence the movement of melanocytes, or cells in the nipples in charge of their shading. Darker-complexioned women may not see this until some other time in pregnancy - say, around ten weeks or after.
- Nausea: Morning sickness affects around eighty-five percent of the women. While a full-blown morning sickness does not happen until the later stages of pregnancy, a few women may encounter subtle motion sickness as an early pregnancy side effect.
- Missed period: The clearest early side effect of pregnancy and the one that leads most of the women to get a pregnancy test is a missed period. Yet, not all missed or postponed periods are brought about by pregnancy. There could be many other reasons including cysts or other hormonal changes. Additionally, women can encounter some bleeding during pregnancy. In case that you are pregnant, ask your doctor what you need to know about it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello Doctor, Please I need urgent help I had my last menstruation 25-05-2018. I am having cramps, stomach bloating, feeling like throwing up, very sensitive to smell noticed the symptoms today. Could I be pregnant?
Coffee is loaded with beneficial nutrients and anti-oxidants that can improve your health. Despite the myriad varieties coffee is usually consumed in, black coffee and milk coffee seem to interest the largest audience. The comparison between the two can come to an end, if you know what exactly you are looking for:
- For weight loss: If you want to shed a few kilos, you can add black coffee to your diet plan due to its low calorie content than the milk alternative. A cup of black coffee contains 20 kilo calories while a cuppa prepared with milk and sugar has about 60 kilo calories. Caffeine also increases metabolism in the body that may help you in burning more calories.
- To reduce the risk of diabetes: Coffee intake lowers your blood sugar level and in turn reducing your risk for diabetes. Moreover, the nutrients in coffee help your body use insulin, a hormone essential to store and use sugar that is delivered by your food. Those who drink considerable amounts of either regular or decaffeinated coffee could less likely to develop diabetes as compared to those who drink little or no coffee. This relationship between substantial coffee intake and diabetes suggests that each cup of coffee that you drink reduces your risk of developing diabetes by 7 per cent, if taken regularly.
- For a smarter you: The stimulant called caffeine is the world's most frequently consumed psychoactive ingredient. Caffeine is absorbed into your bloodstream and then travels into the brain where it blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter known as Adenosine. This increases the amounts of other neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and dopamine, leading to an enhanced firing of neurons. Coffee improves your brain function including memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times and general cognitive function.
Regular coffee with milk and sugar
Although it is not entirely healthy to take added sugar and milk (Basically, roughly three times the calorie content of black coffee), you can drink a cup of milk coffee per day. If you are a caffeine addict and want to cut down your coffee intake, you should consider drinking cafe latte rather than an Americano to decrease caffeine content and increase protein content by adding milk. Besides, drinking your coffee black, post evening keeps you wide awake also disrupting your circadian rhythm. You might want to sip on thick, milky coffee on such occasions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.