Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S DasYour feedback matters!
Hi sir i am 24 years married. I was 5 weeks pregnancy. And I took abortion pill. I had bleeding for 7 days continuously. So my question is still pregnancy will remain or is abortion procedure is successful? Pls answer me.
A 25 years girl conceived when her thyroid was 22 points.Then she started taking treatment for thyroid and become normal . She is 3rd month now.Is there any chance that her baby will get thyroid?
Sir I am 28 years I am married but I am not feel able to perform sex with my husband because I feel that my private part does not works well as I never get wet. so, please advise what to do.?
Ayurvedic tips are on the idea of balance in bodily systems uses diet, herbs, ayurvedic treatment yogic breathing practices providing holistic approach to balancing the hormones simple technics allow balancing of the hormones reclaiming health.
1) if your hormones are disturbed, you need to get enough sleep. This is because limited sleep is connected to hormonal imbalance related disorders.
2) pranayam stimulates pituitary gland its secretions.
3) ayurvedic medicines not only helps to decrease the stress hormones, aids in reliving psycho- somatic dispairty & also aids the body to function more effectively.
4) every diet should include antioxidant rich fruits, vegetables, nuts seeds as these help to strengthen the endocrine system also terminate the effects of free radicals in the body.
5) consumption of organic food with plenty of water is essential is highly helpful in preventing hormonal imbalance.
6) herbs like ashwagandha, shatavari, turmeric, ginseng, Etc. Helps in balancing both male and female hormones. Shatavari most important restorative regenerative tonic herbs for women.
7) regular practice of pranayam helps to stimulate the vital hormonal secretions throughout the endocrine system, thereby balancing all vital functions, including sexual potency fertility.
When will my baby born? My 9th month is running Last conception date is 6 dec 2015. In ultrasound report my baby's gestational age is 32 weeks 6 days. My last ultrasound clear on 18 july 2016. Can you tell me whats the position?
I had sex on 7 march. My periods dates are 22 march. I missed my periods. I have done pregnancy test and the result is positive. I want abortion. Which pills should I take? Will it have side effects to my body in future? Please help me.
Why until now I have spot, 1 month ago when I start my menstration but until now there have spot & it still bleeding.
Hello mujhe aisi tablet ka naam bata de jis se period time se phale ho jaye meri shadi h or usi din period ki date h please mujhe aisi medicine ka name bata de jis se mujhe period time se phale ho jaye plz.
My period is not regular. Sometimes it was twice in a month or sometime it was not. Other pbm is that face allergies occur again and again. Help me please is it possible due to irregular of period.
Hello Doctor! My age is 32 .I had my last period on 21st Aug it's more than a mnth I have not got my period I usually have 25 days cycle. I am sure I am not pregnant Pls let me know which medicine should I take so that I get my period.
Making love during pregnancy is a safe bet and can be carried on till one’s water breaks. Studies in the past have shown that a normal pregnancy is not related to infections and miscarriages. It has also been established that sex during pregnancy is not related to premature birth. On the contrary, a good sex life during pregnancy helps to reduce mood swings and keeps a woman healthy and cheerful. Here are five facts that you should know about sex during pregnancy:
- Does sex harm the baby? The womb is protected by the thick muscles of the uterus and the amniotic sac. Furthermore, the cervix is safeguarded by the mucus plug. These ensure that the baby doesn’t get hurt while making love. In the midst of an orgasm, if you get a feeling that the baby is moving, it happens primarily because of the heart pounding faster. This being said, you might have to skip sex in the following cases:
- You have placenta praevia
- You start bleeding
- Your water breaks
- You suffer from cramps and pain in the abdomen
- Your partner is suffering from genital herpes
- How does sex feel during pregnancy? While an increased flow of blood in the pelvic region heightens the lovemaking experience for many, some complain that it leaves them with a bad feeling. There is yet another segment of women who complaints of a less powerful orgasm during pregnancy. At times pregnant women might feel pain if the penetration is deep. Even abdominal cramps are not uncommon during this condition. To sum up, the feeling of sex greatly varies from individual to individual.
- Is a complete lack of sex normal during pregnancy? Yes, it is absolutely normal. Many women suffer from nausea and tiredness during the first three months of pregnancy, limiting their urge for sex. At times pregnancy hormones become responsible for the libido. But, mostly it is the state of mind of an individual that becomes a barrier. Women suffering from relationship issues are the ones who suffer from a lack of sex.
- Does your husband’s libido suffer too? It is not uncommon, to say the least. Some of the common apprehension that a male partner suffers from include the following:
- Fear of hurting the wife
- Apprehension about the baby’s health
- The consciousness of making love in the child’s presence
- Apprehensions about upcoming parenthood
- Is there any risk involved in oral sex? Absolutely none, oral sex is considered to be one of the safest of sex options during pregnancy. If the fear of hurting the wife looms large, it is the best way to express one’s love. However, it should be ensured that your husband does not blow air in the vagina. This might lead to blood vessel blockage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Infertility affects approximately 1 out of every 6 couples. An infertility diagnosis is given to a couple who are unable to conceive over the course of one year. When the problem lies with the male partner it is referred to as male infertility. Male infertility factors contribute to approximately 30% of all infertility cases, and male infertility alone accounts for approximately one-fifth of all infertility cases.
There are four main causes of infertility in males:
A hypothalamic or pituitary disorder (1-2%)
Gonad disorder (30-40%)
Sperm transport disorder (10-20%)
Unknown causes (40-50%)
I have poly cystic ovaries syndrome. Please tell me is there any cure of it or not. Am I not be pregnant.
After unsafe sex means without condom and take unwanted 72 within 1 hr then please tell me this tab is effective or not?
What is d meaning of n. T scan and why. Our doctor not recommend the N.T scan. Is it ok. Please help me sir or madam.
Had my menses 7 march and it lasted for 2 days. I had sex on 6 April and took postinor 2 first pill 1 hour later and second pill exactly 12 hours on. Now on the 8 April I tested negative for home urine pregnancy test but still not had my period and today is 11 April. Am worried pls help.
Cervical cancer occurs in the cervical cells which are present in the lower part of the uterus. It is usually caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) which is transmitted sexually. However, in some cases, the virus may survive for a few years, causing some cells of the cervix to become cancerous.
Cervical cancer is usually classified into two types:
- Adenocarcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the column shaped glandular cells along the lining of the cervix.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Most cases of cervical cancer are of this type. Here, the cancer occurs in the flat and thin cells that are present in the outer region of the cervix.
Symptoms: Usually, very few symptoms show up in the initial stages. However, the latter stages tell a different story. The symptoms at an advanced stage are:
- You may experience pain during sexual intercourse
- Foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Bleeding from the vagina during sexual intercourse
Causes: Cervical cancer develops due to the mutation of healthy cells which makes turns them into malignant (cancerous) cells. The cancerous cells tend to grow at a fast pace, thus accumulating and forming a tumor. The cancerous cells may also spread to the adjoining areas of the body.
There are certain factors which increase your chances of being affected by cervical cancer:
- Too many sexual partners: The chances of cervical cancer increase significantly if you have multiple sexual partners.
- A weak immune system: A weak immune system makes you highly susceptible to cervical cancer.
- Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors such as smoking can increase your risk of cervical cancer.
The treatment for cervical cancer involves the following:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves injecting chemicals into the vein to destroy the cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy consists of using x-rays to destroy the cancer cells. Radiation therapy may be used alongside chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells.
- Surgery: Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that is used in the treatment of cervical cancer. It involves removal of the uterus to treat this disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.